Purina Pro Plan Specialized Adult Weight Management Turkey & Rice Entree Canned Dog FoodBy Purina Pro Plan
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
About This Item
- Real turkey in every serving helps create a high quality dog food for weight management that's packed with tasty poultry flavor.
- With 25% less fat than Pro Plan Complete Essentials Classic Chicken & Rice Entree for Adult Dogs, this healthy weight dog food is paw-fect for pooches who are overweight or less active.
- Packed with protein, this turkey dog food formula helps your four-legged friend maintain muscles mass during weight loss, supporting him as he jumps and plays.
- With 23 essential vitamins and minerals, this high protein dog food is 100% complete and balanced for adult dogs to support your pup's daily adventures.
- This adult dog food for weight loss is proudly manufactured at Purina-owned, U.S. facilities with no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
Questions & Answers
13 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
281 Customer Reviews
Low Fat Food
Our vet put our dog on a low fat diet due to blood work showing a propensity to getting pancreatitis. She is not overweight but needs low fat.This is the lowest fat canned we could find without a prescription. Prescription foods are so overpriced and this is more affordable. Our dog loves it and we combine it with the weight management dry.
My dog loves this! He can’t wait to eat. I’m happy because my dog is slowly losing weight, which he needed to do badly. BUT, it makes my dog soooo gassy and he stinks up the whole house. I thought it was because we changed his food, but after several months he shouldn’t be so gassy anymore…
I just love this food. It has been great for assisting my chi to lose 7 lbs. She won't eat "dry" food so I just mix enough of this to wet her kibble. She loves the taste and her appetite seems to be satisfied even though she is losing weight.
11yr old pit lost 8lbs in 1 yr
When we rescued Maddie in 2019 she was overweight with arthritis and bad hind legs. The vet was ordering her to lose weight and at each checkup she was never losing. I was recd the more expensive version by Purina but I decided to try the ProPlan (still $$$) but not as much as the other px version $$$$. I think it has been under a year as I started with the wet food and then found the kibble to match. I cut out treats except one and she is fed 2x a day. She has lost 8lbs now and we are ecstatic. It started when I added the kibble for weight management but this review is for the wet food so let me say, this food is excellent. It isn't smelly and doesn't leave her with "dirty mouth". I take a heaping spoonful add water and mash it up with my smasher heat it and mix with her kibble. I never would use the amount they recommend. At my dogs age and condition it is very hard to lose weight. If you are struggling to get your dogs weight managed I highly recommend this. Also I have tried the salmon and chicken but the turkey is the cleanest, best formula by far.
My pit mix enjoys this food tremondously and good for her health. Chewy is great with shipping quickly and I mean that I received it the next day.
My dog won't eat it
I ordered this food for my dog. The veterinarian recommended for health reasons. But he just won't eat it. The food is probobly very good but not for my little guy.
She likes it!
To be honest, my dog was originally on Pedigree Weight Management. Since it is unavailable everywhere, decided to try Purina ProPlan Weight Management. She really went right to it. Turkey and rice with just a hint of gravy has been a hit in this household. So glad I decided to try it.
The picture on the can is not what I see when I open the can. Way more sauce and rice than meat. However, I was looking for an alternate for another brand and hoped for the best. This food still upset my dog's sensitive stomach.
My dog loves this stuff spread over his kibble!
My senior dog has a sensitive stomach so I have had a difficult time finding the right food for him. This seems to be the one. He just loves this food spread over his kibble and doesn't seem to have any problems with it. Nice to find a weight management food that my dog will eat.
This brand works!
My Basset has had Royal Canin weight management wet food forever, and when we couldn’t get it, went with Purina Pro’s version.. and our dog loves it! The cost is very comparable too. Highly recommend this food.