Safety 1st Wide Doorways Fabric Pet Gate
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Material||Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Plastic||Plastic||Steel, Plastic, Metal||Wood|
|Gate Type||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Hardware Mounted|
|Gate Feature||—||Locking, Retractable||—||—||Walk-Through|
About This Item
- Pressure mounting for easy installation with no hardware or tools required.
- Wide design fits openings from 38-inches to 60-inches wide, making it ideal for large doorways and open concepts.
- 27-inch height makes it difficult for even active dogs to scale or jump over, keeping dogs in their designated area.
- Stain-resistant fabric is machine washable and complements a variety of décor.
- Comes with a drawstring carrying bag so it travels easily, allowing you to bring on vacation.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Steel 3-Panel Configurable Dog Gate, 30-in, Grey$70.99Chewy Price
- GMI Keepsafe Wooden Expanding Pet Gate, 5-ft wide$79.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Arch 4-Panel Solid Wood Dog Gate, 30-in, White$79.99Chewy Price
- Richell One-Touch Wide Dog Gate II, White$269.99Chewy Price$295.00List Price
- Richell Tall One-Touch Wide Dog Gate II, Brown$289.99Chewy Price$333.00List Price
- Etna Wooden Heart Shape Design Pet Gate, White$42.99Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- TRIXIE Wooden Freestanding Dog Gate, 43-in, White$64.99Chewy Price
- MidWest Glow in the Dark Dog & Cat Gate, White, 29-in$50.20Chewy Price$81.99List Price
- North States Deluxe Hardware Mount Dog Gate, White$83.72Chewy Price$119.99List Price
- MidWest Decorative Wood & Graphite Steel Dog & Cat Gate, 29-in$55.20Chewy Price$81.99List Price
- Arf Pets Free-Standing Wood Dog & Cat Gate, White$69.99Chewy Price$79.99List Price
Questions & Answers
25 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
72 Customer Reviews
Great, but other reviews are right
I have 2 of these gates and came back to order a 3rd (temporarily unavailable, wa-wa). As other reviewers have stated, the pocket rods are overly lined causing issues threading the rod through. You get about 80% in and they won’t budge. While it’s stated these are a pet gate, I don’t see the reason for all the padding. Yes it looks like a baby gate, yes they are probably using the same baby gate construction to save manufacturing cost, but for the love of god they need a better option for the padded pocket rods or don’t make them padded.
Product that I received is gray. The pictures are misrepresentation as I was expecting to receive a cream/beige gate to match the color scheme of our house.
Looks like a good idea
But it's not!!! Impossible to assemble because horizontal rods get stuck in the lining of the fabric portion of the gate and cannot be passed entirely through the fabric channel. Don't even try--it will drive you crazy!
Great gate, but
So the gate itself is actually great,the problem comes in when you extend it ALL the way out, The mesh fabric is so tight that it causes the too and bottom bars to twist. So for example if I just wanted to use the entire length between two railings but not use the tension part of it, you really can’t because there just isn’t enough fabric to let it set. It causes the betting to become to taut and twists. Other then that it’s a great gate. Just needs a bit more material so you can use the full extension
Should be easy to assemble but materials make it nearly impossible
Does any company try to assemble their own products before selling them? This should be super easy to assemble, except that the channels are filled with extra loose fabric that makes it impossible to slide the grippy ends of the tension rods through - maddening such a simple thing that the channels could have been made with a different kind of material. Unusable.
Easy to put together and attractive
This fits between my kitchen and dining room area. I've been keeping it up so my new puppy has some boundaries. Easy to use & put together. It's also not an eyesore.
Cheap plastic construction
Gate broke after 2 days. The cheap plastic end snapped at one end and the gate is useless now. Do not purchase
Although this gate was too big for the doorway we were wanting to close off, it seems to be good quality! The mesh had a bit of heft to it and there’s light cushioning along the top and bottom adding some protection to those who may run into it. We ended up donating it to a rescue as we could not use it in our home so I can’t speak on longevity or function.
Excellent gate for dogs!
Most people would purchase for keeping their young babies in or out of a room. I purchased this gate to keep my puppy out of the living room. It is working perfect!!! It looks good and is easy to open and then reinstall. Very good purchase!!!!
one piece inconvenience
While this mesh fabric gate was perfect for our cat , recovering from a stroke, it was not convenient for people having to walk through from one room to the other as the whole gate had to come down. I would only recommend this if you did not intend it to be moved or for people to have to access the doorway it is standing in.