Skout's Honor Professional Strength Skunk Odor Eliminator, 32-oz bottle
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deionized Water, Biodegradeable Molecular Complex (Mineral-Based Deodorizer), Plant-Based Fragrance....||Purified Water, Naturally Derived Cleansers (Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate...||Deionized Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine (and) Aqua...||Purified Water, Naturally Derived Cleansers (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate And Sodium Laureth Sulfate), Foam Enhancer (Cocamide Mea)...||Water, Natural Shampoo Base, Baking Soda...|
|Lifestage||Adult, Senior, Puppy||Adult, Puppy, Senior||Adult||Adult, Puppy, Senior||Adult, Puppy, Senior|
|Cleaner Usage||Carpet, Fabric||—||—||—||—|
|Health Feature||—||Skin & Coat Health||—||Skin & Coat Health||Skin & Coat Health|
|Scent||—||Classic Fresh Scent||—||—||—|
About This Item
- Breaks down and destroys skunk thiols and odor molecules on contact.
- Intended for use on surfaces and on furry friends including both cats and dogs.
- Eco-friendly, bio-degradable, bio-renewable, cruelty-free and non-toxic solution that is 100% safe for your family, when used as directed.
- Plant-derived formula is hydrogen peroxide-free and always made with your pal's well-being in mind.
- Each product is sold with the Scouts Paw Pledge—Skout's Honor will donate a days' worth of meals to a shelter animal in need for every bottle sold.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Bio-Groom Ultra Black Color Enhancer Dog Shampoo, 1-gal bottle, bundle of 2$61.20Chewy Price$68.00List Price$58.14Autoship Price
- Skout's Honor Probiotic Unscented Dog Shampoo, 16-oz bottle$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Nature's Specialties Quick Relief Neem Dog Shampoo, 16-oz bottle$25.30Chewy Price
- PetAg Fresh 'n Clean Snowy-Coat Whitening Dog Shampoo Concentrate, Vanilla Scent, Gallon$41.35Chewy Price$94.99List Price$39.28Autoship Price
- PetAg Fresh 'n Clean Dog Cologne Spray, Fresh Floral Scent, 6-oz bottle$10.99Chewy Price$10.44Autoship Price
- Colognes For Pets Romeo Dog Cologne Spray, 8-oz bottle$14.36Chewy Price$19.95List Price$13.64Autoship Price
- Gerrard Larriett Aromatherapy Pet Care De-stress Lavender & Chamomile Aromatherapy Freshening & Shining Spray For Pets, 8-oz bottle$9.99Chewy Price$10.00List Price$9.49Autoship Price
- Skout's Honor Probiotic Honeysuckle Pet Shampoo, 16-oz bottle$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- PetAg Fresh 'n Clean Dog Cologne Spray, Baby Powder Scent, 6-oz bottle$10.99Chewy Price$11.54List Price$10.44Autoship Price
- Nature's Specialties Smelly Pet Deotorizing Dog Shampoo, 32-oz bottle$29.99Chewy Price$41.80List Price
- Burt's Bees Whitening Dog Shampoo, 16-oz bottle$7.27Chewy Price$10.99List Price$6.91Autoship Price
- Skout's Honor Hand Sanitizer Topical Pet Spray, 8-oz bottle$9.99Chewy Price$9.49Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
4 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
8 Customer Reviews
Much better than other products
I love this stuff because it's more than shampoo, which is what most of the other de-skunk products are. I not only washed my dog with it, but I used in in the laundry because she immediately ran to rub the skunk oder off on the couch and her dog bed and blankets. Skunk oder also seems to seep into all materials even without contact and I put this in a spray bottle and did my curtains and hardwood floors. It really cut the smell. Does it 100% go away immediately? No, but all traces were gone within 24 hours. I went through the last half of my bottle and just stocked up on several more (because our skunk family lives right around the corner so it will happen again). I've tried other shampoos and the natural remedies and this stuff is probably the best. I have another shampoo for skunk and I haven't touched it in years because I just gravitate to the Skout's Honor.
Keep This On Hand!
Our 3rd dog just got skunked. Luckily we had a bottle of Skout’s Honor on hand. Seriously the best. Apply it directly to dry fur and massage in. Use liberally! Then soap up and rinse. Then repurchase so you always have it on hand! Way better thank the DIY slurry. WAY BETTER!
Best skunk-odor remover, but use it first
My dog has been skunked three times in the last year (you think she'd learn!). Of all the de-skunk products we've tried, from other premixed products to the home-made recipe with hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dishwashing detergent, Skout's Honor worked by far the best at removing skunk smell. To get the best results, you need to use it first, before anything else. Apply liberally to skunked dog, rub it in and let it stay on the fur for a while, and then follow with a mild shampoo. It works! Skunk odor will take months to dissipate completely, and you'll notice it more when the dog gets wet or sleeps in the sun, but after using Skout's Honor, it 's not as bad as it could be.
Didn’t do much for our Berner
This was the fourth attempt to remove the skunk smell from our big girl. The first three were the peroxide, baking soda, dish soap concoction, which can’t really be used on the face (which is where she got it most). This odor eliminator has a very watery consistency and does not lather, which makes it hard to know where you’ve put it. After several passes on her face and neck, we didn’t notice much difference at all in her smell. Possibly a Berner’s coat is just too thick for it to penetrate.
smell removed for a little while but seemed to return, even after a couple of attempts to remove it.
Get's the odor out
USE AND SPOT AREA'S OF SKUNK ODOR INTO THE SKIN, IT WILL BRING THE SMELL OUT AND MAY SEEM A LITTLE STRONGER.USE A TEAR FREE SHAMPOO ON THE AREA AND THEN IF YOU STILL SMELL ODOR AFTER YOU SHAMPOO AND DRY, THEN REPEAT AREA WITH SKOUT'S HONOR. AVOID THE HEAD AREA AROUND YOUR DOG'S EYE'S COMPLETELY.
For your emergency kit
We didn't try the product yet, but after my son's dog was "skunked" and having to gather supplies and mix up a solution that was not entirely effective, I purchased it to keep just in case. The natural ingredients etc. of this one impressed me. It is important to act quickly if a dog is sprayed as the spray seeps into their pores. I also purchased eye wash to keep in the emergency skunk kit after seeing his dog's eyes bleeding after being sprayed. Add rubber gloves to that list! If you ever smell skunks in your area, I recommend you buy some to keep handy!
TX rescue meets 1st skunk
My 4 yr old pit mix had up close & personal encounter with skunk. He got sprayed on face, head & chest & then dove into house, threw himself down on living room carpet, rubbing all over before dashing down hall to do repeat on my bed! Overwhelming stench everywhere! This all natural product worked exceptionally well on both Jake & all house surfaces. Amazed that it even took smell out of carpet simply by spraying lightly. No harsh chemicals on the dog, carpet or bedding! Highly recommend this. You follow directions, it does the rest!