Tough-1 Easy Breathe Easy Grazing Horse Muzzle, Black
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A poly-nylon adjustable muzzle that features straps to help keep it in place
- Features large holes in front which allow your yearling to breathe easier
- The nylon muzzle and halter design work together to control over-eating by limiting intake with a small opening at the bottom of the muzzle
- Also features an easy-to-use quick grip closures
- Closed slotted bottom reduces the horse's access to grass, yet allows unlimited water
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Weaver Leather Silvertip No. 95 Rope Horse Halter & 10-ft Lead, Tan/Black/Brown$48.33Chewy Price$58.29List Price
- Weaver Leather Nose & Ear Cover Horse Mask, Gray, Large$18.92Chewy Price$23.69List Price
- Flexible Filly Grazing Horse Muzzle, Cob/Horse$86.15Chewy Price
- FORCE Opti-Force Equine Fly Horse Mask$21.34Chewy Price$35.49List Price
- Tough-1 Extreme Vented Horse Sport Boots Set, Black, Medium$79.99Chewy Price
- Shires Equestrian Products Avignon Middleburg Horse Bridle, Ex-Full$58.49Chewy Price$62.99List Price
- Gatsby Replacement Horse Halter Chin Strap, Horse 1-inx$12.99Chewy Price
- Horze Equestrian Reflective Horse Halter, Orange, Cob$28.95Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- Weaver Leather Cotton Horse Lead Rope, Red$13.58Chewy Price$15.09List Price
- Weaver Leather Horse Miracle Collar, Golden Brown, Large$52.30Chewy Price$76.99List Price
- ThinLine Horse Halter Liners, 3 count, Horse$30.00Chewy Price
Questions & Answers
8 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
99 Customer Reviews
Better than the round hole versions
I only give 4 stars because like others, if you have a horse that's rough on grazing muzzles these may not hold up, especially if used every day over the course of the summer. I only use them intermittently and the horses seem to tolerate them better than the round hole versions. With those they just look at you and won't eat, with these it must be a little easier to get the grass in because after they try to get them off when first left out then they go about eating. The only problem I've encountered is it rubs 2 if my 3 horses chins raw. And I'm mean bad raw. I think it's because they run there face forward and back in the muzzles to get more in, I've seen them. Plus, I think the other horse has a smaller mouth. They also almost need a strap of sorts on the top of the muzzle to secure to a halter at the noseband or poll cause they kind of hang off there face awkwardly. But other than that for lighter use I'd give them a try. For a horse that doesn't like to destroy thing they may hold up all summer. And the price isn't that bad either. And the hole is 1-1/4" x 2" in case anyone wants to know. With the 2" running up and down
Tough-1 Easy Breathe Easy Grazing Horse Muzzle
Absolutely love this grazing muzzle for my mini's! Fit perfectly (with numerous places if adjustments are needed) and double velcro as a break-away. Only 1 mini needed the break-away and it worked perfectly. I do wish they came in other colors but not a priority. I highly recommend this muzzle!
Chewy stands by the products they sell! I have used this muzzle for @1 year to help a HEAVY horse stay healthier! She generally keeps the muzzle on and the part that usually breaks down over time it the grazing hole in the middle- normal wear and tear! My girl has it on 50% of her day every day. She seems annoyed with the muzzle when it first goes on but then ignores it. I did have a muzzle that the stitching on both sides of the large nose holes pulled out -the FIRST day on! This allowed my girl to easily slip it down off her head and graze away! Chewy replaced with out any hesitation.
Wow! Great product!!!
I have a rescue miniature horse who had previously foundered. This amazing grass muzzle allows him to get exercise by walking the field and getting little snippets of grass here and there, but not enough grass to harm him. This has been a life-changing situation for him. He had been in a dry lot, but he missed getting to eat a little fresh grass. The problem was that it didn’t take much to founder him. This particular muzzle allows him to walk around for 10 hours a day in the field with his friends and get tiny nibbles of grass, and yet stay totally healthy!
LASTS ABOUT ONE WEEK
I love the size of the hole in this muzzle, but it does not hold up, the side straps detach almost immediately and other than a rivet there is no way to reattach the nylon to the thick rubber sides. I bought 2 and they were both ruined in one week.
Not very sturdy
I find it ironic that this is called Tough-1. I have purchased many muzzles and most last me a full year sometimes two. This one ripped where the sides attach to the muzzle in less than 2 days. I tacked them back up so I would not have to buy another one for this year. The straps that adjust, do not stay adjusted. My girl came in with it gone or as a necklace. The slightest pressure and she was able to loosen it. All I can say is I am happy we have had two frosts and muzzle season is over. This was terrible.
Nice muzzle plenty of room to breathe and she seems very comfortable but it did not hold up well, the rubber in the grazing area broke away in just a couple of months. I guess for the comfort I’ll just consider it disposable
Grazing muzzle does the job
I hated the idea of putting a grazing muzzle on my mare, but the vet says she is 200# overweight, and I’d rather have her out to pasture with her friends than standing in her stall. She’s only been wearing it for 10 days, but she has adjusted, has no problem drinking water or getting a little grass. It comes off for several hours a day when she is inside. With luck in another week we can just put it on her every other day or so. This is a large. She is a 16.1 Friesian TB cross. Fits comfortably. I put it over her fly mask to reduce the little bit of rubbing she has on the sides of her face from it.
I purchased this muzzle and it arrived about 2 weeks ago. My mare wears it almost 24/7. It seems the velcro is stronger than the sewing. While the velcro did give way, the basket part also ripped. This is not a chewey issue. Its the muzzle issue
Durability; poor lasted only 2 months.
I bought this the middle of June and the opening is already so large and split I need to replace it. Not Chewy’s fault as it was delivered quickly. IMO just a poor quality product. All the other brands and types I have bought have lasted over a year so it’s not my horse that’s the reason. Don’t recommend