Tribute Equine Nutrition Essential K With Fly Control Formula Horse Food, 50-lb bagBy Tribute Equine Nutrition
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
About This Item
- Contains diflubenzuron—an insect growth regulator.
- This pelleted food is low in calories and has a dense nutrient concentration to supply your horse with the critical nutrients she needs.
- Low NSC—may be especially beneficial for horses with special needs like those with laminitis, obesity, insulin resistance or tying-up.
- Promotes growth and muscle maintenance with a balance of essential amino acids.
- Contains EquiFerm XL, which is microencapsulated active dry yeast that serves a prebiotic and probiotic to support healthy digestion and overall gut health.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Dehulled Soybean Meal, Ground Extruded Whole Soybeans, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal...||Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Grain Sorghum, Rice Bran...||Soybean Hulls, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Wheat Middlings...||Soybean Hulls, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal...||Recleaned Whole Oats, Soy Hulls (Not More Than 15%), Dehulled Soybean Meal...|
|Special Diet||N/A||N/A||High Fiber, Low NSC, Low Starch, Low Sugar||N/A||N/A|
|Health Feature||N/A||N/A||Senior Care||N/A||N/A|
|Food Form||Pellets||Dry Food||Extruded||Textured||Feed|
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
5 Customer Reviews
I love Tribute Horse Feeds and would recommend the product to anyone! However, I have found Chewy to be very overpriced. I found a semi-local dealer of Tribute feeds, about an hour drive from us, who sells the same products 30% cheaper. We are talking more than $10/bag cheaper. Now I will loose the convenience of shipping to my door, but I won't feel bad for our delivery driver and I will save a ton of money by buying in bulk more local.
Senior feed w fly control
A feed that has fly control is a rare find! I needed to try this because other fly control supplements are way too expensive.
Hoping this helps with fly control
I have been feeding horses Tribute's Essential-K ration balancer for years. I have never met a horse that did not like this feed. So, when I saw that there was a fly control version available, I decided to try it. I use fly predators, as well. It is too soon to comment on the fly control aspect, but the 12 horses I feed had no transition issues from regular Essential-K. I did not think they would, but with horses you never know. I plan to feed this formula through the summer months. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works, as the cost increase from regular formula Essential K is substantial.
Not sure how well it's working
I am on my second bag of this feed. Will be switching to the basic balancer since I haven't noticed any change to the fly population. If anything I think there has been more this year than in the past. We have also had a lot of rain likely which does play a roll.
This Stuff Works
I have been using Tribute Essential K for years so I was really excited to see a version with ClariFly. I had good luck with ClariFly in the past and it has worked well for my Joker. I used it towards the end of the fly season but it definitely seemed to do the trick. Hopefully we have the same good results once the whether warms up!