Wholesomes Fish Meal & Rice Formula Adult Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- 100% complete and balanced diet is a wholesome alternative to common dog food formulas
- Made with Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids to promote good skin and a glossy coat, and contains natural vegetable fibers support digestive health
- Premium menhaden fish meal is the principal source of protein, lowering the chance of allergic reactions
- Specially designed to help support immune function and digestion with a single high quality protein source
- Completely free of high-water, low-protein meats, common grains like corn, wheat or soybeans
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Wholesomes with Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$49.00Chewy Price
- Wholesomes Chicken Meal & Rice Formula Adult Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$49.00Chewy Price
- DealExplorer Sensitive Skin & Coat Ocean Fish Meal & Oat Recipe Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Diamond Pro89 Beef, Pork, & Ancient Grains Formula Adult Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- DealTrue Acre Foods Large Breed Chicken & Vegetables Recipes Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$62.55Chewy Price$59.42Autoship Price
- DealCountry Vet Naturals 30/20 Active Athlete Dog Food, 35-lb bag$43.99Chewy Price$41.79Autoship Price
- DealCountry Vet Naturals 24/14 Healthy Diet Dry Dog Food, 35-lb bag$39.99Chewy Price$37.99Autoship Price
- DealCountry Vet Naturals Butcher Shop Blend Beef & Bacon Flavor Dry Dog Food, 35-lb bag$43.99Chewy Price$41.79Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||New: Whitefish Meal, Brown Rice, Peas...||Lamb Meal, Brown Rice, White Rice...||New: Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Peas...||New: Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Peas...||New: Beef Meal, Brown Rice, Peas...|
|Special Diet||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Seafood & Fish||Lamb, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Beef, Meat|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
25 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
216 Customer Reviews
Used to rate it as five star
I have been using this food for several years with no problem. But this year all but one of my dogs have been boycotting the food. I am not sure if they changed ingredients, or if the food is just not sitting right with the dogs. The one dog that is eating it is not the best judge- Since she inhales anything that gets near her mouth. The food isn't going to waste, it is just taking a lot longer to go through since only one dog is eating it. I'm on a search for different food to permanently replace it with.
Extremely fast service and delivery Great product. Best way I know of to extend your pets life. Life is too short to feed cheap dog food.
Super good results
I’m halfway through our second bag of this formula now and I’m so happy with the results. We have two mini American Shepherds and our older dog has issues with licking his feet excessively on chicken based foods, and then will refuse to eat beef and lamb based foods, leaving us with fish as our main option lol. On top of his allergies and pickiness, he also very easily gains weight. This formula has been a perfect combination of low calorie and balance where both of their coats look amazing, and they eat it happily every meal. It’s also a great price compared to other foods of similar quality and package weight. Will continue to go with this until I have a reason not to (which is literally none now). Smells slight fishy in the bag but no smell on either of my pups.
much smaller stool!
I have two 60lb lab mixes and they live this food. They were previously in a much more expensive food but their stool was massive and like 2-3xs per day! When we switched to this I was actually trying to save some $ but I’ve been pleasantly surprised to say the least. The dogs eat 3.5 cups per day plus some can or meat mixed in and their stools are SO much smaller and good form and only once per day(maybe twice if we are walking a lot). When I walk the yard to do poop clean up, I’m shocked how there’s almost no poop compared to with the old food. Chewy is also a fabulous company to do business with. I can say they are hands down the best customer service of our time. Thanks chewy and wholesome
Not for my pups
I was hoping this food would be good for my dogs but both have gotten really bad dandruff recently so I will have to find a better food for them. Chewy is awesome but this food just wasn't a good fit!
Great Dog Food
I normally don’t ever have any issues with chewy, but when I opened the box the bag of dog food looked like it wasn’t sealed and dog food got everywhere. Only reason for the low stars. Other wise the food is great and my dogs love it.
Super Food Equals Less Poop
We are so pleased with this food. Five Bullmastiffs supply plenty of poop, but with this food it has been cut to half the amount. Skin and coats shine, and teeth look really good. Less gas as well. Highly recommend this food.
We have two frenchies, and everyone who has frenchies know they are NOTORIOUS for chicken allergies. We tried multiple different brands, but this seems the only brand that he isn’t spitting up every 5 seconds. He’s also not as red and itchy. We’ve also tried the wholesome sensitive stomach, and it was a big hit also! HIGHLY recommend!
Although the kibble is smaller than preferred, my XL size dogs took to it and have had no GI issues.
I really wanted to use this for my guys since they are sensitive to chicken but the kibble is way too small for a Great Dane and Mastiff. It was actually falling out of the Danes mouth. I will have to try something else.