ACANA Wholesome Grains Small Breed Recipe Gluten-Free Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Crafted with wholesome grains, which are rich in fiber, highly nutritious and support optimum gut health.
- Zero artificial flavors, colors or preservatives are added in ACANA’s kitchen.
- 100% free from legume, gluten or potato ingredients.
- DHA and EPA support brain health, while omega-3 and -6 fatty acids help promote a shiny coat.
- Made in the USA.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- ACANA Wholesome Grains Red Meat Recipe Gluten-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- ACANA Free-Run Poultry Recipe + Wholesome Grains Gluten-Free Dry Dog Food, 22.5-lb bag$64.99Chewy Price$61.74Autoship Price
- dealORIJEN Small Breed Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 10-lb bag$52.99Chewy Price$50.34Autoship Price
- Nulo Frontrunner Ancient Grain Beef, Barley & Lamb Adult Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$62.99Chewy Price$59.84Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Six Fish Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4.5-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Nulo Frontrunner Ancient Grains Chicken, Oats & Turkey Adult Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$62.99Chewy Price$59.84Autoship Price
- Nulo Freestyle Turkey & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Adult Dry Dog Food, 26-lb bag$82.99Chewy Price$78.84Autoship Price
- Nulo Freestyle Salmon & Peas Recipe Grain-Free Adult Dry Dog Food, 26-lb bag$82.99Chewy Price$78.84Autoship Price
- Nulo Freestyle Lamb & Chickpeas Recipe Grain-Free Adult Dry Dog Food, 26-lb bag$82.99Chewy Price$78.84Autoship Price
- Now Fresh Grain-Free Adult Recipe Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$84.99Chewy Price$90.99List Price$80.74Autoship Price
- ACANA Singles Limited Ingredient Duck & Pear Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$89.99Chewy Price$85.49Autoship Price
- Zignature Select Cuts Turkey Formula Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$69.82Chewy Price$73.49List Price$66.33Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Oat Groats...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Oat Groats...||Turkey, Chicken, Turkey Giblets (Liver...||Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal (source of Glucosamine), Chicken Meal (source of Chondroitin Sulfate)...||Organic Chicken, Organic Chicken Meal, Organic Sweet Potatoes...|
|Special Diet||Gluten Free, High-Protein, High Fiber...||Gluten Free, High-Protein, High Fiber...||Grain-Free, High-Protein, Natural...||High-Protein, With Grain||Grain-Free, Organic, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Circulatory Care, Heart Care...||Digestive Health, Circulatory Care, Heart Care...||High-Energy, Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals...||N/A||Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support, Digestive Health|
|Breed Size||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Medium Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Catfish, Turkey, Poultry, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Catfish, Turkey, Poultry, Seafood & Fish||Turkey, Chicken, Quail, Poultry||Turkey, Poultry||Chicken, Sweet Potato, Poultry, Fruits & Vegetables|
Questions & Answers
8 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
11 Customer Reviews
Awesome ingredients...just a little too "big" for tiny mouths.
Highly reputable company and a stellar ingredient list. (And it's not always easy finding a premium small-breed, grain-inclusive formula!) However, with high hopes I tried to introduce this formula to my Yorkies several times over the course of a few months--each time with little success. They are used to eating high quality, healthy kibble, but this particular brand was never a hit with them flavor-wise. Also, the Acana pieces are a little larger than most "small breed" kibbles, and my tiny dogs (5 pounds) struggled to chew this dry food. Again, it's a formula worthy of five stars--I just finally gave up on it working for my pups.
Good brand but switching back
Buddy Boots didn’t like this formula by Acana, so switching back to Chicken and turkey with wholesome grains; a little pricey but it’s worth it. And made in Kentucky
Acana Wholesome Grains
My vet has wanted me to change Miki to a grain inclusive dog food because of anal gland issues. I have procrastinated. I finally decided to give it a try. I am now mixing Acana Wholesome Grains dog food in with her regular Acana. She absolutely loves it. What a huge difference in her stools and no more scooting issues. Thank you Acana.
I have to start out by saying I don’t know how many brands of dog food that I tried on my two Chihuahuas, I would venture to guess 10? But when I found this brand they totally love it every time I feed them! It was an O a one time deal that they liked it, they love it every time which is a first for them with dog food. And giving them grains is also the best because it’s been shown that green free dog food causes heart problems. So I am relieved that this is also a grain food. I just wish it was cheaper lol
So far so good it’s a winner
This is so far the only dry dog food my dog will eat. He’s an older dog and is very fussy, if it were up to him, he’d eat cat food instead!
Best Dog Food Ever
My picly dog loves it! It not only has the perfect ingredients for my dog, but she actually eats it!
My picky Papillins Love this food!
After trying several dry food brands over years I've found Acana Small Breed that my picky Papillons will eat n come back for more. I put couple drops of olive oil in the bowl. Their coats very healthy n this food made by Orijen has excellent reputation.
my dog loves it
My picky eater 9 month old poodle mix loves it. I like kibble size. It's thinner than other kibbles I tried so far and still crunchy. The only complain I have is the packaging. There's a strip to pull off and then the resealable zipper can be used. The zipper was completely torn off when I tried to open the bag. But food is still likable.
I transitioned my two pugs over to this food from the Acana Puppy Food. They go absolutely crazy for it. I would definitely recommend this food if you have a small breed pup. The kibble is small enough for them to chew. I just hope they make it in a bigger bag for family’s that have more than one small breed dog.
My dogs didn’t like it
I’m trying new foods, more natural ones, and Acana is very nice. But my dogs didn’t eat it at all. So I’m back to Pro Plan