Prevent excess phosphate in your fresh or saltwater tank with API Phosphate PO4 Fresh & Salt Water Aquarium Test Kit. Phosphate can come from tap water, fish waste, uneaten food or dead algae. In freshwater tanks, high phosphate levels can cause algae and green water blooms, and in saltwater tanks, it can stunt the growth of hard corals. API Phosphate PO4 Fresh & Salt Water Aquarium Test Kit measures phosphate levels from 0 to 10 ppm. Just fill a test tube with your tank water, add a few drops of both test reagents and shake. Then compare your results to the color card and follow instructions to lower phosphate if necessary. Frequent testing is recommended to help maintain healthy aquarium conditions.
- Helps maintain a healthy aquarium by controlling the proper phosphate levels to so that it will not lead to algae growth or poor coral health
- Frequent testing recommended to measure phosphate levels from 0 to 10 ppm
- Prevents algae and green water blooms in fresh water that can be harmful
- Promotes growth of hard corals in salt water
- Kit includes two bottles of liquid test reagent, two color cards, glass test tube and information on how to correct water condition
(2) bottles of liquid test reagent, (2) laminated, computer calibrated color cards, glass test tube with snap-tight cap, step by step instructions and information on how to correct unsafe conditions.
See all items by API