Duplicate the natural habitat of your freshwater fish and plants and help prevent dangerous pH shifts with API's GH & KH Freshwater Aquarium Test Kit. Water hardness is the amount of dissolved mineral content in water and it comes in two types: general hardness (GH) and carbonate hardness (KH). KH levels can cause rapid and wide shifts in pH levels which can stress fish and cause illness or death. And high levels of GH can create unsightly, calcium crust to form in your aquarium including the hood and glass. To test, just fill a test tube with tank water and add the test drops. The KH value is determine by the amount of test solutions needed to the turn the test water bright yellow. The GH value is determined by the amount of reagent needed to turn the test water green. Then follow the instructions included to take appropriate actions.
- Monitors GH (general hardness) and KH (carbonate hardness) levels for a more natural habitat for your fish.
- Promotes a more natural habitat and is ideal for a planted aquarium.
- Helps prevent wide, abrupt pH level changes from low KH levels.
- Helps fight crusty calcium buildup on the hood and glass of the aquarium.
- Easy to use and comes with everything you need.
(2) liquid dropper bottles with child-resistant safety caps, easy to read instructions with information on how to test and how to correct unsafe water conditions, (2) glass tubes with snap tight caps.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND ANIMALS: Causes skin irritations. Causes serious eye damage. May cause an allergic skin reaction. May cause respiratory irritation. May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure. Do not breathe dust, fume, gas, mist, vapors, spray. Use only in outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves, protective clothes, eye protection, face protection. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace.
FIRST AID: IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do so. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a poison center, doctor, physician, or first aider. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water and soap. If skin irritation or rash occurs: get medical advice and attention. Take of contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. Store locked up. Store in a well ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed. Dispose of contents or container to authorized chemical landfill or if organic to high temperature incineration.
Make your fish feel right at home by softening your hard water with API's Water Softener Pillow.
See all items by API