API Proper pH 7.0 Aquarium Water Treatment, 8.8-oz bottle
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Formulated to help set and stabilize pH at 7.0 for fish who thrive off of this level.
- Helps to remove chlorine and detoxify heavy metals, for a more habitable environment for your finned friends.
- Specifically designed to help modify and maintain pH levels in freshwater aquariums.
- Easy to use, fast dissolving and is ideal to use during setup and water changes.
- Contains aloe vera to help heal and regenerate damaged tissue, plus electrolytes to help prevent electrolyte imbalance.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Instant Ocean Sea Salt for Aquariums, 50-gal$12.99Chewy Price$25.49List Price$12.34Autoship Price
- API Stress Zyme Freshwater & Saltwater Aquarium Water Cleaner, 1-gal bottle$59.99Chewy Price$83.98List Price$56.99Autoship Price
- API pH Up Freshwater Aquarium Water Treatment, 16-oz bottle$15.54Chewy Price$19.48List Price$14.76Autoship Price
- Fluval Plant & Shrimp Stratum Plant Care, 4.4-lb bag$16.00Chewy Price$19.99List Price$15.20Autoship Price
- Instant Ocean Reef Salt for Aquariums, 50-gal$17.11Chewy Price$29.49List Price$16.25Autoship Price
- API Tap Water Conditioner, 1-oz bottle$2.78Chewy Price$3.98List Price$2.64Autoship Price
- DealAPI Quick Start Freshwater & Saltwater Aquarium Water Treatment, 16-oz bottle$16.98Chewy Price$23.78List Price$16.13Autoship Price
- API CO2 Booster Freshwater Aquarium Plant Care Treatment, 8-oz bottle$10.24Chewy Price$14.48List Price$9.73Autoship Price
- API Stress Coat Aquarium Water Conditioner, 64-oz bottle$35.98Chewy Price$50.48List Price$34.18Autoship Price
- Cobalt Aquatics Square Pond Planter Basket$3.90Chewy Price
- Beckett Aquaponics Grow Kit$32.11Chewy Price$32.99List Price
- API Pond Aquatic Plant Food Tablets, 25 count$10.48Chewy Price$9.96Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater||Goldfish, Tropical Freshwater||Cichlid, Tropical Freshwater||Cichlid, Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrate, Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Goldfish, Bottom Feeder, Cichlid|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater||Freshwater||Freshwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
18 Customer Reviews
My PH is back to normal thanks to this! It was high but it finally came down thanks to API.
This has kept Spot healthy for 13 years. Being a large Goldfish, Spot needs regular water changes and his water is always just right!
Works at a cost
The water out of my tap is 8.2pH. I've kept an aquarium for 20 years and recently moved, so having to adjust the pH is new for me. This has vague instructions. Experience says to disolve separately in a bucket of water and add to the aquarium slowly. It worked, bringing my 29 gal aquarium down to 7.0 to 7.2 which most of my fish thrive at. However, the water is no longer crystal clear. At first I thought it was conflicting with the gimmick tablet in the Tetra Whisper filter cartridges that supposedly helps with pH and keeping the aquarium clean of algae growth, but that's not the case. I think I will be looking elsewhere for solutions to reducing the alkalinity of my tap water... (Currently fighting a black beard algea infestation that destroyed most of the plant decor I had...)
Murky gray haze. No pH changes.
I used this pH adjuster in my 10g tank a few times, and it did not increase the pH at all. Even worse, today, the tank was crystal clear all day until I put this in to try and fix the acidic water, and within an hour, it had a horrible gray haze that even a 2/3 water change and clarifiers has not fixed. Had this same odd issue for over two months with regular, significant water changes before it finally cleared up. Now that I realized what was doing it, I will be throwing this out ASAP. Definitely avoid this!
It works but is vague with how to.
Wish there were more instructions on this. The water out of my tap is 8.2 pH. I also use freshwater aquarium salt. The instructions on this are very vague and past experience cautioned that I dissolve the powder compound in a separate bucket before slowly adding it to the aquarium so as to not shock the fish. 29 gal water + 4 teaspoons compound dissolved in 2 quarts of water and added after 20 minutes dropped the pH to 7.2 which is in acceptable range for my fish. There was some slight cloudiness but it cleared up within an hour.
NOT FOR USE IN PLANTED AQUARIUMS
It may work fine in non-planted aquariums, but apparently it contains a phosphate buffer which will harm live plants. Hence my 1 star review. I also learned that it is best not to "chase" an idea pH. Better to explore natural products, e.g. peat pellets, that gradually change and hold the pH. I did not see the planted aquarium warning in the description when I ordered it. I am going to attempt a return with Customer Service.
I have used this in my 30g hospital tank multiple times to increase my pH. Never increased my pH once. Tank is still at 6.6. very disappointing product.
did exactly what I needed done, no fuss, no muss i didn't have to empty the tank, didn't hurt the fish - just perfect!
PH Water Treatment
The Only Thing That I Could Say Is The Product Works & Works Well
Worked like a charm. tested it with 3 different testing kits all came out 7.0