Safely and quickly lower the pH in your freshwater aquarium for more acidic water conditions with API's pH Down Aquarium Water Treatment. Different fish need different pH levels to stay healthy. For example, most freshwater fish thrive in levels between 6.5 and 7.5, but Cichlids and crustaceans require higher pH levels between 7.8 and 8.8. Levels that are too high, or too low, can cause stress, illness and even lead to loss, so testing is crucial to the health of your fish. API pH Down is designed to lower pH in water that tests at an undesirable level. It is fast-acting, colorless and easy to use. It should not cloud or color aquarium water, and because it's phosphate- and nitrate-free, it should not encourage algae growth.
- Safely lowers pH in freshwater aquariums to desirable levels.
- Fast-acting, concentrated, colorless and easy to use.
- Phosphate- and nitrate-free, so it should not encourage algae growth.
- Formulated to not cloud or cause water discoloration.
- Helps keep your freshwater aquarium water in tip-top condition for your finned friends.
Help keep your saltwater aquarium in tip-top shape with API's Marine Master Test Kit and Saltwater Master Test Kit.
Test your freshwater or saltwater aquarium's water with API's 5 in 1 Test Strips.
Test your aquarium's pH level with API's pH Test Kit, pH Test and Adjuster Kit or pH Test Strips.
Measure your freshwater aquarium's pH level with API's Freshwater Master Test Kit.
See all items by API