AvoDerm Advanced Joint Health Chicken Meal Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This specially-formulated recipe provides your large- or small-breed dog with extra joint support, helping maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Contains naturally-sourced chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine to help maintain healthy joints and help prevent mobility issues.
- Made with protein-rich chicken meal as the first ingredient.
- Avocados are a key ingredient, with healthy fatty acids to help promote a shiny coat and healthy skin.
- 100% free from corn, wheat, soy, by-product meals, and artificial colors and flavors.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- PetKind Tripe Dry Grain-Free Red Meat & Green Tripe Formula Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$96.99Chewy Price$92.14Autoship Price
- PetKind Tripe Dry Grain-Free Venison Tripe Formula Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$96.99Chewy Price$92.14Autoship Price
- DealBlack Gold Explorer Beef Meal & Barley Formula Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$58.13Chewy Price$55.22Autoship Price
- DealBlack Gold Explorer Game Bird Formula with Turkey & Quail Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$72.94Chewy Price$69.29Autoship Price
- DealBlack Gold Explorer Timber Ridge Formula with Beef & Venison Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$59.23Chewy Price$56.27Autoship Price
- DealHorizon Pulsar Grain-Free Pork Recipe Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$25.99Chewy Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Behavioral Diet Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$39.99Chewy Price$51.99List Price$37.99Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Line Colon Diet Phase 1 Dry Dog Food, 8-lb bag$51.99Chewy Price$52.99List Price$49.39Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Depura Fish Diet Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$36.99List Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Depura Diet Lamb Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$84.99Chewy Price$89.99List Price$80.74Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Line Immuno Support Diet Dry Dog Food, 8-lb bag$39.99Chewy Price$51.99List Price$37.99Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Line Oral Support Diet Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$39.99Chewy Price$37.99Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken Meal, Peas, Chicken Cartilage (Source of Chondroitin Sulfate and Glucosamine)...||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Split Peas...||Duck, Duck Meal, Garbanzo Beans...||Salmon, Salmon Meal, Garbanzo Beans...||Salmon (Source of Omega 3), Herring Meal, Peas...|
|Special Diet||Grain-Free||Grain-Free, High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy||Grain-Free||Grain-Free||Grain-Free, Chicken-Free|
|Health Feature||Hip & Joint Support||Skin & Coat Health||—||—||Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals, Immune Support|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Duck, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Salmon, Seafood & Fish|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
34 Customer Reviews
Great Dog Food for My Little Girl!
I've had my 7 yo rescued terrier mix on AvoDerm Joint Health formula for most of her life. She had subluxed back knees; worse on the left, and would favor her left hind foot and yelp whenever it got stressed at all. My vet recommended Cosequin, which I gave her for a while. She also had dry, itchy skin that flaked a lot. I put her on AvoDerm Joint, thinking the Avocado might help her unhappy skin and glucosamine might help her joints and pain. The dry, flaky, itching skin cleared up within 2 weeks, and her joint issues stabilized and healed over time to the point where she has not favored her back Left for years and you'd never know there was anything wrong with her joints. This is not a cheap food, and I am a senior on a SS check, but, for the difference it's made for her, it's worth every penny. I've had dogs all my life, and cats for most of my life. You're going to pay one way or another. Good food, I believe, is your best health insurance for your fuzzy friends, and the difference in their and your quality of life is amazing when you do the research and spend what it takes. Though it's not a guarantee of good health; cheap, low quality food will usually lead to suffering, poor health and vet bills.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel loves this stuff!
My five year old female, Blenheim Cavalier King Charles Spaniel just started on this food from Chewy.com about two weeks ago now and she loved it at first bite! I have been apprehensive about giving her food with chicken as the primary protein source since I have read some studies and articles about the negative effects on some dog's health with this overused protein source. However, I feel good about purchasing this food. The ingredients lists seem to be high quality enough for my current standards and I like that it benefits her joints. The price is a little high for me, but I will be purchasing this until I find something better. Four stars is because the bag does not have a way to re-seal it after opening! Be prepared once you open this large bag of food, you will need to either empty it into an airtight container and toss the bag altogether or do what I did and only cut the corner of the bag and reseal it after each feeding by rolling down the corner and fastening a "chip clip" to it. Attention AvoDerm: Please add a ziplock re-sealing function to this luxury dog food bag! Not the most thoughtful packaging.
Undecided on this food at this time
My pup (10yrs old) has been having issues since I changed his food. I am slowly introducing this new food to him and at this time, it is up in the air whether he will adjust to it or not. I am not sure mobility food sits well with him since this is the second attempt. I may have to do a 50/50 blend.....
Good for my old man husky.
I have been giving this food to my old husky along with his medication. He actually jumped up on the bed the other day and is feeling a lot better. I think this is a good kibble and I will be adding it into the rotation.
Not sure what's wrong
I've bought from local and maybe from chewy before this last auto ship. But usually I mix with another dog food. So not sure what's wrong. Both my dogs, Lulu & Monkey won't eat it by itself or with bacon fat added. Tried hot water to make it gravy. Nope.
Chewy has a great price on a product my Vet recommends for my dog. I set up auto ship and save even more.
I made the mistake of trying to lower my food budget and bought some really cheap food.By the third week my older dog was getting stiff and sore when sitting and lying down. She also didn’t want to eat it. She normally lives for food and has never been picky. I quickly bought this hoping she would recover from the stiffness. She is definitely improving and she is happy to eat again. I won’t cheap out on her or the others again.
Highest Gluco and Chondro than any dog food
I have a 13 yo LGD and a 4 yo LGD. The benefits of AvoDerm Joint Health are fantastic for both age groups. Besides the bennies of Skin/Coat, the Glucossamine (1300mg) and Chondroitin (2800mg) help my old dog move and the young dog with joint protection. Highly recommend this product. I can only find this product online and am very thankful Chewy is so helpful and cares so much for my animals when I have had to call.
My Dog Has Joint Issues However...
I purchased this brand a little over a month ago to possibly help with my 9 year old Pitbull's issues with his back legs. The first vet said that it is possible he has Degenerative Myelopathy (DM) and I took him to another vet for a second opinion and he believes on the surface that it is possibly a knee issue or arthritis. I will take him back once his skin staff infection clears for further examination. Now onto this food, this is expensive for such a small amount and so far I have not seen any improvement. I will purchase again with the understanding that nothing happens overnight. I will update later but as of now I cannot say that I will or will not recommend.
From start to finish, just as every transaction in the last 4 years has been, was wonderful. Every question I ask is answered sufficiently, every request I've made, no matter the time, has been handled beautifully. I absolutely LOVE the staff at Chewy.com. You have my business for life! Keep up the exceptional work! Well done Chewy!!