Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet GI Gastrointestinal Support Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Gastrointestinal support dog food with readily digestible proteins, carbohydrates and fats for optimal nutrient absorption.
- Veterinary diet formula made with prebiotic fibers to help balance and support your pal’s healthy microflora for overall gastrointestinal health.
- Contains vitamins E, C, and antioxidant-rich ingredients such as blueberries and cranberries to support a healthy immune system.
- Prescription-only food that is specially formulated to meet the nutritional needs of dogs at all life stages.
- A wholesome, natural diet made with the finest ingredients available that have both beneficial nutrition and a taste your furry best friend will love.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet NP Novel Protein Alligator Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$105.98Chewy Price$100.68Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet GI Gastrointestinal Support Low Fat Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$86.16Chewy Price$81.85Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet GI Gastrointestinal Support Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$59.74Chewy Price$56.75Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$34.98Chewy Price$33.23Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Naturals Dry Dog Food, 32-lb bag$119.99Chewy Price$113.99Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Naturals Wet Dog Food, 13.4-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$97.98Chewy Price$93.08Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet W+M Weight Management + Mobility Support Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$25.83Chewy Price$35.98List Price$24.54Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$51.48Chewy Price$48.91Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Derm Complete Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$115.99Chewy Price$110.19Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Fiber Balance Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$76.99Chewy Price$73.14Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet GI Gastrointestinal Support Low Fat Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$33.98Chewy Price$32.28Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet W+U Weight Management + Urinary Care Chicken Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$86.16Chewy Price$81.85Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
22 Customer Reviews
Thumbs up so far
Our boy had a moderate case of pancreatitis in July...we started him on the Blue GI food per our vet (not the low fat, the 1 with the Shepherd on the label) mixed with rice & chicken. He did great on it. Because of the cost of the food plus adding chicken & rice & bc this dry food is better for him than chicken/rice, we decided to start adding some of it while reducing the chicken/rice a little at a time ... We've been doing so for about 10 days - so far so good! I must say I never thought he would LIKE the taste - & he doesn't - HE SEEMS TO LOVE IT!! Does a dance for it. So far we are all very happy we found this food!!
Due to the fact the dog food we needed requires a prescription, the ease of that being taken care of between our Vet and your company made it simple to get done.
Blue GI Dry Dog Food
Since I could not get my regular food (I don't know if it is a supplier problem or if Chewy dropped the product) I was forced to make an alternative choice. This seems to settle pretty well with my dogs' issues so far and they seem to like the flavor. I hope it continues to sit well with them.
PLE Protein losing enteropathy.
My Brody was diagnosed with PLE and required a low to no fat diet. We tried all, but when we tried this he loves it.
Food works despite issues with blue buffalo
My dog had severe issues he had a very serious operation for telescoping intestines a few years ago. He has been on various prescription and regular foods and home cooked.After much trial and error - he was on Hills prescription originally I have come up with a combo for this food that works.He gets a 1/4- 1/2 cup of theGI dry soaked in water and approx half a can of the blue buffalo GI canned at each meal.He gets very few treats and for the most part this works and sometimes he can have a bit of chicken egg or salmon added as a treat.What I didnt like about blue buffalo is that during the quarantine I had a problem with a bag of the dry food.Because I dont feed large quantities of the dry I can have a bag that lasts a few weeks.I had a bag that had issues weird black clusters.I called blue buffalo because Chewy was having delivery problems understandably and asked what the black clusters were - never got a clear answer and I never got a replacement bag.They made me send them my Chewy bills and then said because I had purchased the bag in December and it was now March they couldn't honor it.I spend a fortune on their canned food and buy a dry bag every few weeks perhaps it was the frustration of the situation but they had the absolute worst customer service.Chewy refunded me for the bag with large clusters.I think they were those little black pieces clumped together in a large cluster obviously a quality control issue.In any event for now the food formula I worked out is helping but its not foolproof.I feel there is another food out there but all the vets seem to be on a merry go round of prescription foods and this one seems more natural than some of the other prescription foods .I hope one day to find a holistic vet or a vet who has a solid grounding in nutrition.I do add a tiny bit of "clay " to his food and this has helped.
Helped my yorkie
This food saved my yorkie. The pancreatis stopped! No more bleeding when died bm. Thank u Blue!!
My search is over!
My pit mix has an incredibly sensitive tummy. After she was about 2, I took her to the vet and she was placed on a prescription dog food. Well, that food was discontinued, so my vet put her on a new Rx food. That was a disaster and she was tossing her cookies all of the time. After trying half a dozen foods, I finally gave up and started cooking her chicken & veggies. I did this for a few years until COVID hoarding forced grocery stores to put a limit on how much meat you could buy. A friend of mine suggested this food and wow, I am so grateful. We have been using this food for 3 days and it doesn’t irritate her stomach at all. She also really likes it because she is gladly going to her bowl to finish it up and doesn’t leave any for the cat (which is also a plus because my cat was getting rather chubby). I cannot thank Blue Buffalo enough for the wonderful food!
Dry Food - Better than Hill's
Similar to someone else's review, my pup is also a picky eater on top of him having gastro problems. We tried Hill's Science Diet first, but he didn't like it much. My vet also suggested Blue Buffalo GI, and he loves it
No more tummy trouble
My poor Lab had an extensive surgery and afterwards she continually had diarrhea. I DID NOT want to give her Hills because of the ingredients but one very sweet and knowledgeable Chewy expert recommended Blue Buffalo ID. PERFECT!!!!
Blue Buffalo dry food
I have a picky eater on top of him having gut issues. Tried several brands of food before my vet suggested Blue Buffalo GI. He loves it, eats his bowl every morning. He also eats the wet food at night, which he loves.