Dr. Gary's Best Breed Holistic Grain-Free All Life Stages Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Grain-free and gluten-free diet with premium protein from chicken and whitefish
- Antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables support immune system health
- Cranberries and minerals help support urinary tract health
- Manages hairballs with natural fiber
- Enriched with taurine to promote vision, heart and reproductive health
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed All Life Stages Dry Cat Food, 24-lb bag$66.99Chewy Price$63.64Autoship Price
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Healthy Grains Real Salmon + Brown Rice Recipe Adult Dry Cat Food, 12-lb bag$41.98Chewy Price$39.88Autoship Price
- Evanger's Grain-Free Catch of the Day Dry Cat & Kitten Food, 4.4-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- SquarePet Squarely Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$33.99Chewy Price$32.29Autoship Price
- Inception Turkey & Herring Meal Recipe Dry Cat Food, 13.5-lb bag$37.99Chewy Price$45.99List Price$36.09Autoship Price
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Healthy Grains Real Chicken + Brown Rice Recipe Adult Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$17.09Chewy Price$21.99List Price$16.24Autoship Price
- Lucy Pet Products Formulas For Life Salmon, Pumpkin & Quinoa Formula Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$36.99Chewy Price$35.14Autoship Price
- Addiction Grain-Free Duck Royale Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$19.48Chewy Price$19.99List Price$18.51Autoship Price
- FirstMate Grain Friendly Indoor Cat Formula Cat Food, 5-lb bag$17.99Chewy Price
- Natural Balance Original Ultra Chicken & Salmon Meal Grain-Free Dry Cat Food Formula, 15-lb bag$41.98Chewy Price$39.88Autoship Price
- Dr. Pol High Protein Limited Ingredient Chicken Recipe Cat & Kitten Food, 4-lb bag$20.98Chewy Price$24.99List Price$19.93Autoship Price
- Mazuri Small Exotic Feline Food, 25-lb bag$46.11Chewy Price$46.99List Price$43.80Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken Meal, Dried Eggs, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols)...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal...||Salmon, Whiteﬁsh, Dried Egg Product...||Quail, Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal...||Beef Meal, Lamb Meal, Peas...|
|Special Diet||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy||Grain-Free, Weight Control, Indoor, Non-GMO, High-Protein, ----||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Gluten Free...||Grain-Free, Gluten Free|
|Health Feature||N/A, Digestive Health||Hairball Control||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Hairball Control, Digestive Health, N/A||—|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Quail, N/A, Poultry||Beef, Lamb, Meat|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
36 Customer Reviews
good amount of protein for a dry food helps to stretch canned food
With some canned food getting near to impossible to source and prices continuing to increase....I was looking for a decent dry to add water to in order to stretch the canned food that I am able to still find. A'wryly, Sherman, Bean, eLla Rebee and Bertie all eat it - that's always a plus. Personally, I wish it didn't have fish or peas in it - so I don't think it's perfect, but it is certainly helping.
A hit with all five cats
All of my cats love this food and have been on it for about a year. I recently purchased the other Dr. Gary formula that is not grain free and that was a big mistake. Several tummies remained upset by whatever grain is in it, so back to this grain free formula that they can easily tolerate and digest.
I have five cats, all of them love this food. And my ragdoll no throws up food. I will buy it next time.
Gentle on older tummies
My cats are seniors, coming from a rough start as kittens. They have always received grain-free food, but developed a tendency to violent episodes of vomiting after years on the same food. We tried several different premium/veterinarian recommended foods over the last three years. Those foods would either be rejected, resulting in weight-loss or the vomiting would continue. They eat this food heartily and it has reduced the problem to almost nonexistent, making us all much happier!
well, I have 9 cats so I free feed. I got one from a Cat rescue center for a long time. He was un-adoptable due to a large Diarrhea issue. he lived in the Shelter for his whole 4 1/2 year life and had bowel issues the whole time. don't get me wrong. They tried to fix it and he went to vets. I saw him and new I could fix him in time. after a lot of testing of food and studying about bowel issues in humans and animals, I did it!!! found the perfect food and This is it!! It's awesome food, but the other cats... they don't like it very much, but they eat it.
My Siamese Cats DON'T like this food!!
I got this new cat food for my cats to try. It smells funny and so they turn their noses away. I have to mix it with American Journey Cat Food just to get them to eat it.
Senior cat can chew this kibble
My Senior cat can chew this kibble! And she likes it! Other kibbles are too hard for her to chew. But Best Breed’s cooking process makes the kibble easier to chew and there are few to no crumbs in the bag like other kibbles I’ve tried. The kibble stays together but is easy to chew. I have 4 cats and they all enjoy Dr. Gary’s food. Have you ever taken one of your cat kibbles and tried to break it? I find some impossible to break even using pliers. Now imagine your cat trying to chew it. Love the texture and size of the kibbles.
It's a hit!
All 6 of my cats took to this food better than many of the others. Usually there's at least one holdout but not this time. It's pricier than what I bought before but it they like it then I'm sold.
Not a hit with all 5 cats
They will nibble on it but since I bought it, I haven't had to give them a new bowl of it yet and have just given up. Still on the search for one more healthy food that they don't throw up.
Best breed food
Very fussy eater as soon as I feed it to her she gobbled it up I couldn’t believe what I was seeing 4 yrs. of finding something she would eat besides tuna & salmon thanks chewy I will never have to purchase any other brand . Your the best company for my furry family God bless you all