Dr. Gary's Best Breed Holistic Grain-Free All Life Stages Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Grain-free and gluten-free diet with premium protein from chicken and whitefish
- Antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables support immune system health
- Cranberries and minerals help support urinary tract health
- Manages hairballs with natural fiber
- Enriched with taurine to promote vision, heart and reproductive health
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed Holistic All Life Stages Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$18.99Chewy Price$18.04Autoship Price
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Classic Salmon & Brown Rice Recipe Adult Cat Dry Food, 4.5-lb bag$13.99Chewy Price$21.99List Price$13.29Autoship Price
- Go! Solutions Carnivore Grain-Free Salmon + Cod Recipe Dry Cat Food, 3-lb bag$24.03Chewy Price$28.74List Price$22.83Autoship Price
- DealMerrick Purrfect Bistro Healthy Grains Real Chicken + Brown Rice Recipe Adult Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$18.98Chewy Price$21.99List Price$18.03Autoship Price
- Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets High Protein Chicken Formula Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$27.98Chewy Price$26.58Autoship Price
- DealLucy Pet Products Formulas For Life Salmon, Pumpkin & Quinoa Formula Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$36.99Chewy Price$35.14Autoship Price
- Wellness CORE RawRev Grain-Free Indoor Recipe with Freeze-Dried Turkey Liver Dry Cat Food, 4.5-lb bag$23.79Chewy Price$24.99List Price$22.60Autoship Price
- DealAvoDerm Grain-Free Duck with Turkey Meal Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$24.99Chewy Price$23.74Autoship Price
- Lotus Low-Fat Chicken Grain-Free Recipe Dry Cat Food, 2.2-lb bag$17.69Chewy Price
- Adirondack Limited Ingredient Whitefish & Lentils Recipe Grain-Free Indoor Dry Cat Food, 3.5-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$16.99List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- DealGo! Solutions Carnivore Grain-Free Lamb + Wild Boar Recipe Dry Cat Food, 16-lb bag$81.99Chewy Price$77.89Autoship Price
- Inception Fish Recipe Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Chicken Meal, Dried Eggs, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols)...||Ocean Fish Meal, Chicken Meal, Peas...||Beef Meal, Lamb Meal, Peas...||Chicken Meal, Fish Meal, Tapioca...||Tuna, Salmon Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal...|
|Special Diet||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||Grain-Free, Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, High-Protein||Grain-Free, Gluten Free||Grain-Free, Gluten Free||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...|
|Health Feature||N/A, Digestive Health||High-Energy, Digestive Health||—||—||—|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||N/A, Seafood & Fish||Beef, Lamb, Meat||Chicken, Poultry, Fruits & Vegetables||Tuna, Seafood & Fish|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
37 Customer Reviews
cats won't eat
Bought this based on good reviews. None of my five cat will eat this. I even tried sprinkling it with ground up cat treats that my cats love. Also tried mixing it with favorite canned food. My dog wouldn't even eat this and he eats everything.
good amount of protein for a dry food helps to stretch canned food
With some canned food getting near to impossible to source and prices continuing to increase....I was looking for a decent dry to add water to in order to stretch the canned food that I am able to still find. A'wryly, Sherman, Bean, eLla Rebee and Bertie all eat it - that's always a plus. Personally, I wish it didn't have fish or peas in it - so I don't think it's perfect, but it is certainly helping.
A hit with all five cats
All of my cats love this food and have been on it for about a year. I recently purchased the other Dr. Gary formula that is not grain free and that was a big mistake. Several tummies remained upset by whatever grain is in it, so back to this grain free formula that they can easily tolerate and digest.
I have five cats, all of them love this food. And my ragdoll no throws up food. I will buy it next time.
Gentle on older tummies
My cats are seniors, coming from a rough start as kittens. They have always received grain-free food, but developed a tendency to violent episodes of vomiting after years on the same food. We tried several different premium/veterinarian recommended foods over the last three years. Those foods would either be rejected, resulting in weight-loss or the vomiting would continue. They eat this food heartily and it has reduced the problem to almost nonexistent, making us all much happier!
well, I have 9 cats so I free feed. I got one from a Cat rescue center for a long time. He was un-adoptable due to a large Diarrhea issue. he lived in the Shelter for his whole 4 1/2 year life and had bowel issues the whole time. don't get me wrong. They tried to fix it and he went to vets. I saw him and new I could fix him in time. after a lot of testing of food and studying about bowel issues in humans and animals, I did it!!! found the perfect food and This is it!! It's awesome food, but the other cats... they don't like it very much, but they eat it.
My Siamese Cats DON'T like this food!!
I got this new cat food for my cats to try. It smells funny and so they turn their noses away. I have to mix it with American Journey Cat Food just to get them to eat it.
Senior cat can chew this kibble
My Senior cat can chew this kibble! And she likes it! Other kibbles are too hard for her to chew. But Best Breed’s cooking process makes the kibble easier to chew and there are few to no crumbs in the bag like other kibbles I’ve tried. The kibble stays together but is easy to chew. I have 4 cats and they all enjoy Dr. Gary’s food. Have you ever taken one of your cat kibbles and tried to break it? I find some impossible to break even using pliers. Now imagine your cat trying to chew it. Love the texture and size of the kibbles.
It's a hit!
All 6 of my cats took to this food better than many of the others. Usually there's at least one holdout but not this time. It's pricier than what I bought before but it they like it then I'm sold.
Not a hit with all 5 cats
They will nibble on it but since I bought it, I haven't had to give them a new bowl of it yet and have just given up. Still on the search for one more healthy food that they don't throw up.