Instinct Original Grain-Free Pate Real Venison Recipe Wet Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 12
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Grass-fed venison is the first ingredient in this savory recipe that’s packed with animal protein for strong, lean muscles.
- Made with 95% venison and pork liver; 5% vegetables, fruits and other wholesome ingredients; and 0% grain.
- Free of grain, potato, corn, wheat, soy, by-product meal, artificial colors or preservatives.
- Delicious pate also includes natural omega fatty acids to promote healthy skin and coat.
- Proudly made in the USA with the finest ingredients from around the world.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Wellness Natural Grain-Free Gravies Tuna Dinner Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 12$33.96Chewy Price$35.88List Price$32.26Autoship Price
- Wellness Natural Grain-Free Gravies Salmon Entree Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 12$33.96Chewy Price$35.88List Price$32.26Autoship Price
- Wellness Natural Grain-Free Gravies Turkey Dinner Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 12$33.96Chewy Price$35.88List Price$30.10Autoship Price
- Freely Rabbit Recipe Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 3-lb bag$25.99Chewy Price$24.69Autoship Price
- DealWellness CORE Grain-Free Turkey, Turkey Meal & Duck Formula Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$23.99Chewy Price$24.99List Price$22.79Autoship Price
- Earthborn Holistic Upstream Grille Tuna Dinner with Salmon in Gravy Grain-Free Cat Food Pouches, 3-oz pouch, case of 24$28.58Chewy Price$27.15Autoship Price
- Instinct Raw Boost Healthy Weight Grain-Free Chicken & Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Pieces Recipe Dry Cat Food, 4.5-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Fussie Cat Market Fresh Guinea Fowl & Turkey Meal Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$41.99Chewy Price$39.89Autoship Price
- Hound & Gatos 98% Duck & Liver Formula Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$63.60Chewy Price$60.42Autoship Price
- Earthborn Holistic Key West Zest Tuna Dinner with Mackerel in Gravy Grain-Free Cat Food Pouches, 3-oz pouch, case of 24$28.58Chewy Price$27.15Autoship Price
- Nulo Freestyle Salmon & Lentils Recipe Grain-Free Adult Trim Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$22.99Chewy Price$21.84Autoship Price
- BFF OMG Cloud 9! Chicken in Gravy Wet Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz can, case of 8$15.99Chewy Price$16.72List Price$15.19Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Venison, Pork Liver, Pork Broth...||Rabbit, Pork, Pork Liver...||Lamb, Lamb Broth, Turkey...||Salmon, Fish Broth, Beef...||Duck, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver...|
|Food Flavor||Venison, Meat||Rabbit, Meat||Lamb, Meat||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Duck, Poultry|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...||High-Protein, Grain-Free, Gluten Free...|
|Health Feature||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
141 Customer Reviews
Best for my Diabetic Senior Furr Baby
My Cat is 14 she is allergic to everything but venison. I have tried every brand of venison & she has reactions to them. This one is perfect I always add a little water to it in her bowl & mix it to make a pate. She loves this food. She also eats venison limited ingredients dry food so I only give her wet for breakfast & dinner. 1 can last 2 day's. I have Type 1 diabetes so no she's not overweight or eating none stop. This food keeps her full & doesn't spike her blood sugar. The only thing I dislike is the price but it's because I'm on disability. It's expensive but I have to pay that to keep my little Iomadae healthy
Always a hit at our house
Our cat is elderly and has had a lifetime of allergies to any chicken products or byproducts. She's been on Instinct pate venison or salmon for several years with great success. It has no trace of chicken products and apparently is quite palatable for her.
I have 5 cats. One is having allergies. His vet told me to feed him cleaner foods with exotic protein, as chicken is a common allergy for cats. The can says it is venison so this is an exotic protein. It meets the "cleaner" qualification with 95 percent grass-fed venison and pork liver. I am not sure that cats need the five percent vegetables, fruits and other wholesome ingredients but it is a low enough percentage that it doesn't bother me. I don't know whether it is the taste or the texture (the pate was rock solid, not juicy at all, like other pates) but none of my cats would eat this. (I usually use the stars to indicate how many cats like it but couldn't write a review with zero stars.) So I will not buy this again.
The only Venison they like
I’ve tried a lot of canned venison over the years for variety sake, and Instinct is the only one my cats have enjoyed routinely. The pate stirs up very nicely - sort of grainy looking - but very moist. It is quite expensive - so I’m glad it only comes in a case of 12. Plus I freeze whatever portion they don’t eat. Thawing and serving another day or week doesn’t seem to hinder their enjoyment
They did not care for it at all.they ate a few cans and that was it.i bought if for our oldie smokey as he is getting picky on what he likes.
I purchased this product to replace another brand of canned venison that is currently unavailable. My cat likes the flavor well enough and will eat this happily. I find it is a bit dry though and not providing the hydration I am looking for, for her. I will use this until the other product is available again.
I have tried many many good quality wet cat foods, never had there been one that they loved all the flavors I bought, I tried 6 and 6 were a hit even after refrigeration that never happened. Plus the price is reasonable I have paid triple what I paid for a case of Instinct. So I have finally found in my opinion the perfect food. And my 2 fur babies agree. This food does not have my no no ingredients! ( Wheat Gluten, Corn, Potatoes, Rice, Tapioca, Beans, Legumes, and absolutely no Vitamin K-3 , & no gums!)
Picky eater eats this food
I have one senior who is a picky eater. So far, she is eating the venison pate regularly. I bought it for my second senior who they think is allergic to chicken but she's not very interested in this food. So 50/50 as to who likes it in my house. Just happy the picky eater likes it.
Cats love this food!
Our cats love this food. We tried while dealing with a food allergy in our cat Henry. After trying several brands and flavors this one rises to the top. Venison as well as the Salmon are both big winners in our house. Instinct has great ingredients, so we pet parents love it as well.
My cat loves this food!
One of my cats has IBS and can only eat rabbit and venison food. I could only get this from Chewy, no pet store where I live carries it. When my cat got his first taste for breakfast he finished off the whole can. This was great because he struggles to eat because of his stomach issues. It’s more of a ground meat texture not really pate which is smooth but it didn’t matter to him. It was gone! It doesn’t upset his stomach either.