Kalmbach Feeds All Natural Henhouse Reserve Premium Layer Chicken Feed
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- High protein textured feed for chickens.
- Combines the appeal of a scratch with the nutrition of a complete layer feed.
- Prebiotics, probiotics, essential oils and enzymes support digestive and immune health.
- Vitamins, minerals and amino acids support the production of strong shells and tasty eggs.
- All-natural ingredients promote vibrant egg yolks.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealKalmbach Feeds All Natural 17% Protein Layer Pellets Chicken Feed, 50-lb bag$31.99Chewy Price$30.39Autoship Price
- Kalmbach Feeds All Natural Non-GMO, Soy Free 5 Grain Premium Scratch Chicken Feed, 50-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$29.44Autoship Price
- DealKruse's Perfection Brand Super Egg Complete Whole Grains Chicken Feed, 40-lb bag$27.83Chewy Price$31.75List Price$26.44Autoship Price
- Kalmbach Feeds All Natural 16% Flock Maintainer Duck & Chicken Feed, 50-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$31.99List Price$27.54Autoship Price
- DealKruse's Perfection Brand Poultry Layer Crumble Chicken Feed, 40-lb bag$30.17Chewy Price$28.66Autoship Price
- DealKruse's Perfection Brand Super 9 Superior Scratch Poultry Feed, 40-lb bag$30.59Chewy Price$32.04List Price$29.06Autoship Price
- Kalmbach Feeds All Natural 16% Protein Layer Crumbles Chicken Feed, 50-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Don Roberto Whole Corn Gamebird & Poultry Feed, 50-lb bag$33.79Chewy Price$41.53List Price$32.10Autoship Price
- Don Roberto Energizer Gamebird & Poultry Feed, 50-lb bag$45.85Chewy Price$57.77List Price$43.56Autoship Price
- Scratch & Peck Feeds Naturally Free Organic Layer 16% Chicken & Duck Feed, 25-lb bag$47.99Chewy Price$45.59Autoship Price
- Don Roberto Cracked Corn Gamebird & Poultry Feed, 50-lb bag$34.95Chewy Price$41.53List Price$33.20Autoship Price
- Healthy Harvest Whole & Hearty Layer Chicken Feed, 30-lb bag$31.99Chewy Price$33.99List Price$30.39Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Corn, Soybean Meal, Roasted Soybeans...||Corn, Soybean Meal, Dried Corn Distillers Grains with Solubles...||Corn, Soybean Meal, Canola Meal...||Corn, Soybean Meal, Dried Corn Distillers Grains with Solubles...||Cracked Corn, Wheat, Oats, Barley, Milo, and Soybean Oil.|
|Special Diet||High-Protein||Vegetarian, High-Protein||High-Protein||High-Protein||—|
|Food Form||Seed & Grain Blend||Pellets||Crumble||Pellets||Seed & Grain Blend|
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
61 Customer Reviews
Girls make a mess of this
I wouldn't buy this again because it's expensive and they make a huge mess of it...I bought this to boost their health through the winter, but that will be my last bag because they pick through everything to try and find what they like and kick all the rest out of the feeder..I wind up scraping up the kicked out bits and putting it in the compost. Doesn't seem worth it to be buying an expensive bag to basically put most of it in the compost..
This is a beautiful mixture of various grains, small pellets, and split peas. It isn’t like anything I’ve ever fed to my chickens. I usually feed Kalmbach layer pellets to my flock with cracked corn as a treat. I recently switched to chick starter because I had three hens with broods of chicks in my flock. When it came time to return to layer food I purchased this product on a whim to see how they liked it. Since this is pricy, I also purchased layer crumbles (they preferred chick crumbles to layer pellets) and mixed the two bags together to stretch the Reserve Premium. They love this. However, they tend to make a huge mess under the feeder. Apparently there is something they want in the mix more than the crumbles! They eventually clean up most of the mess. They free range along with this food and I feel they get a good variety in their diet. Their eggs look healthy with strong shells and the whole flock appears to be thriving.
Girls love it
The girls love this product all except the small pellets. They pick around those. They are very healthy and shiny.
Feed is pretty good but the chickens eat all the yummy stuff and leave the healthy. I feed morning and night in a mash and that works really well! I only did 4 stars because I have to mix this with Kalmbach pellets lol
Really Great Food
This is a beautiful mix of food, My chickens really love it and come running for it. They eat every bit of it, even the little pellets. It is quite a bit more expensive here at Chewy then my feed store though. Which is just unfortunate, I really wished Chewy would lower the price $1 per pound for chicken food just seems crazy to me.
Our hens started having watery whites, and pale yolks and we decided to upgrade their feed to a month or so of this one, and in a week, the difference was obvious. We plan to transition to Kalmbach regular layer feed next time and used this to reset their systems. It's working very well so far, and they eat less overall of this product.
Great Food for many birds
I have pigeons and have been trying to find food that has a good variety and isn't going to completely kill my mudget since they waste a lot of food.... THIS IS PERFECT. I love the ingredients and the pigeons love it as well.
Love, love, love it!
My girls absolutely love this product! They happily eat it all up as a treat and look for more.
My chickens love it, 2 of my hens started laying soons I started this type of chicken feed. Definitely worth it!!
My chickens seem to enjoy this product. There is a variety of seeds and textures in the feed. I don't think there will be much waste.