Kaytee Chin-Hut Small Pet Hideout, 7.75-in
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A cozy, comfortable bed for chinchilla to hide in
- No screws or dangerous glue that could harm your pet
- Made of all-natural pine house built to last
- Designed to fit into any pet's habitat to provide the perfect place for nesting
- Encourages natural chewing and nesting instincts, fits into any habitat
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Kaytee Woodland Get-A-Way Small Pet Hideout, Medium$12.49Chewy Price
- Frisco Geometric Small Pet Crinkle Plush Tunnel$15.45Chewy Price
- Ware Cruise-N-Snooze Small Animal Hideout$7.99Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- A&E Cage Company Wooden Small Pet Platform$12.99Chewy Price
- Prevue Pet Products Hideaway Grass Ball Small Animal Hideout, Large$21.04Chewy Price$35.99List Price
- Frisco Forest Crinkle Plush Small Pet Tunnel$15.50Chewy Price
- Exotic Nutrition Hangouts Banana Nest Small Animal Pouch$15.49Chewy Price$15.95List Price
- Exotic Nutrition Hangouts Deluxe Nest Small Animal Pouch$14.49Chewy Price$15.49List Price
- Exotic Nutrition Hangouts Parachute Nest Small Animal Pouch$11.39Chewy Price$15.59List Price
- Exotic Nutrition Hangouts Pyramid Nest Small Animal Pouch$17.95Chewy Price$24.49List Price
- Kaytee Tropical Fiddle Sticks Flexible Small Pet Hideout, Small$7.49Chewy Price
- Frisco Hanging Small Pet Tunnel$7.82Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Small Pet Type||Chinchilla, Rat, Sugar Glider, Hedgehog||Rat, Chinchilla, Ferret||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Rat||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...||Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Rat|
|Material||Wood||Fleece, Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Fleece, Synthetic Fabric||Wood, Plant Material||Wood|
|Bed Feature||—||Machine-washable||Machine-washable||Safe to Chew||Safe to Chew|
Questions & Answers
23 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
77 Customer Reviews
Does its job for the price
My chins love hopping on these and nibbling them. For the low price, these are actually great for the extra destructive chinchillas because why buy a super expensive one that’s just gonna need replaced every few weeks. My oldest boy loves sleeping in his. It is small for a huge chinnie, but just perfect for the smaller ones and makes them feel snug and safe inside. I use small lines of non-toxic glue along the inside seams so they no longer knock the house apart and this makes the huts last a long, long time
Just Don’t Buy It
I bought one and needed help because the pieces got stuck at a certain point. I had my husband help ouch it down and everything broke. I ordered another one and got all the wall pieces put together but the roof piece doesn’t fit in it right. I suggest getting something different.
I guess my guy/girl (how do you see a chinchilla?) Is a big rascal. It can get in but turning around is another story. Regardless of that, it loves to chew on it and managed to chew off enough that it fell into two halves, which I left 1/2 in at a time for room in the cage.
Very nice. It's easy to put together, it doesn't take up too much space, and it looks nice. My chinchillas go in and out of it sometimes. They don't use it very often, which isn't the products fault at all, but with chinchillas it's always good for them to have options!
Not worth it
I bought it and almost immediately fell apart. Had four of the legs come off while trying to put together. Ended up having to use a drill to put it together.
Easy Access & Warm
I bought this for my male rats. They love it, have padded it with fleece scraps, and will often sleep 2 or 3 at a time inside. Since there is no bottom and the top lifts off its easy to reach in and scoop them out if they're hiding from med time. Assembly was simple and doable for one person if you took it little by little. The wood warped after washing(I tried to soak urine off it), but still fits together.
You have to put this together. It seemed simple to do; however, It was very difficult to do, simply because the pieces didn't exactly line up and you risk the wood breaking. It took two to put it together, because my son had to apply pressure to shift the wood into place, as I pressed down to get it to slide down in the correct position. Also, this would not work for a larger chinchilla. This was for our smaller chinchilla, so he fits just fine.
easy to put together
It was easy to put together but you have to be easy.I got it for my pet rat and it is plenty big enough for him.
Hip hut hooray
My chinchillas love these they are great for the price when you cant buy the 25 dollar houses they make due. i have 5 so its a great supplement in between houses.
Not good for chinchillas
I bought this for my chinchilla as it was time for him to get a new hut. First when you get it you have to assemble it yourself, which wasn’t hard but also not most ideal as chinchillas are VERY good at destroying things. When I set mine up my chinchilla was too big for it despite it being a “chinchilla” hideout. Now a couple days later my chinchilla has found a way to start breaking the walls apart, and he no longer has a hideout. If you are looking for wood for your chinchilla to chew on then this is definitely a good product, but as a hideout not good. Too small and too easy for chinchillas to destroy. From the photo you can see what I woke up to my chinchilla managed to get the roof off.