Help keep your fish healthy with the Kordon Methylene Blue General Disease Prevention Aquarium Treatment. The formula is effective against fungus on fish, and also prevents fungal growth on fish eggs, in freshwater and saltwater aquariums or ponds. Plus, it can also combat some external protozoans such as Ich, Chilodonella and Costia. Since it contains a powerful oxygen transporter, it can also be used in treating cyanide and nitrite poisoning. Plus, it’s safe to use for all fish, including fish eggs and fry, and one bottle can treat up to 240 gallons.
- Liquid medicated formula is effective against fungus on fish, and for the prevention of fungal growth on fish eggs.
- Also treats some external protozoans like Ich, Chilodonella and Costia, and provides protection to prevent infections.
- Works in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums and is safe to use with fish eggs and fry.
- Can be used to reverse nitrite and cyanide poisoning since it converts methemoglobin to hemoglobin, the normal oxygen-carrying molecule in fish.
- Made in the USA and comes in an easy-to-use bottle and can treat up to 240 gallons.
Methylene blue is toxic to plants and is harmful to biological filtration, preventing nitrification and resulting in a rapid rise in ammonia and/or nitrite levels. Treatments should be carried out in a separate hospital tank or other suitable container. Methylene blue can permanently color the silicone sealant and light colored objects in aquariums.
See all items by Kordon