Kurgo Backseat Barrier
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Protects passengers and cargo from roaming dogs.
- Protects dog from launching forward during quick stops.
- No need to remove when passengers or cargo are in backseat.
- Universal fit for most vehicles from a compact to a SUV .
- Simple installation/removal and the front seat stays clean of dog hair.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Travel Dog Bucket Booster Seat, Black, Large$59.99Chewy Price
- Kurgo Skybox Booster Seat, Black$66.95Chewy Price$72.99List Price
- DealFrisco Quilted Water Resistant Hammock Car Seat Cover, X-Large, Gray$59.99Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- PetSafe Happy Ride Front Seat Mesh Dog Barrier$26.95Chewy Price$36.99List Price
- DealPet Gear Large Car Booster, Charcoal$87.99Chewy Price$97.98List Price
- Pet Gear Medium Car Booster, Tan$59.29Chewy Price$69.98List Price
- Kurgo Leash/Zipline Combo$25.56Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- K&H Pet Products Travel Safety Pet Barrier$25.98Chewy Price$41.99List Price
- PetSafe Happy Ride Aluminum Cat & Dog Bicycle Trailer, Large$212.49Chewy Price
- PetSafe Happy Ride Dog Booster Seat$89.95Chewy Price$104.99List Price
- KONG Protective Dog Car Seat Barrier$44.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- DealOutward Hound PupShield Back Seat Hammock, PupShield Hammock$19.95Chewy Price$32.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Mesh, Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Cotton, Mesh, Synthetic Fabric, Natural Fabric||Polyester, Nylon, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||All Breeds||All Breeds||All Breeds||All Breeds||All Breeds|
|Features||Pockets, Water-resistant||Pockets||Carry Bag||—||Pockets, Water-resistant|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
40 Customer Reviews
Works well. Doesn’t quite fit our car. I think it is better suited to fit a sedan. But it does the trick and was easy to install.
Very good for keeping our border collie in back seat.
Good in Theory...
I thought this would be a nice barrier to prevent my 70 pound Bassador from jumping into the front seat while I was driving. It took awhile to install properly, since a lot of strap adjustments had to be made before the whole thing was taut across the seat gap. Unfortunately, she did manage to jump over it and into the front seats while the car was parked and I was inside a store. In the process, one of the webbing loop seams came apart, which caused one entire side to fall down. The flaw was in the stitching. In her effort to return to the back, she stepped on the center horizontal rod and bent it. It will take me awhile to repair, it doesn't seem worth the hassle of returning. In all, the workmanship on this item was not great, causing it to fail. The center horizontal rod should instead be a bar like those on the sides. And the stitching at key junction points should be improved.
No more yelling, "Get in the back!!"
As time goes on our 8-month-old puppy ignores us more and more when we tell her "Back" or "Get in the back." This backseat barrier totally took care of that. She can no longer put her feet on the console and kiss us. Nor can she move forward and get her head close to the window. We totally recommend this. But we miss the kisses!
Well made, but did not work
I bought this with very high hopes. I was very impressed with the construction and quality of materials. Unfortunately, it did not keep my dog from jumping back and forth from the back to front seat
Kurgo backseat barrier
Does the trick; keeps me in the backseat when my people leave the car.
This is a functional barrier. If your dog wants to get over it, they will. The top portion of the barrier broke on both sides when my dog jumped over it (75# Pitsky) after being frightened by a motorcycle popping wheelies behind us. The stitching couldn't hole, however we were able to run the strap back through the fastener. This is a better option if you'd just like to forgo the D-ring set up. The area is on the top strap of the barrier.
Keeps them away from my French fries!!!!
Keeps my beggars away while I’m traveling and trying to eat!!!
Works great event for my giant puppy
I tried several other things previously (seatbelt harness, 2 other lower barriers) to keep my giant breed puppy (100+ lbs currently) restrained to the backseat and they hadn't worked out, but we are very happy with this barrier. Its high enough that my pup doesn't try to jump it and happily sits or lays in the back now. Easy to install as well!
Our exuberant Dalmatian thinks kissing us is appropriate behavior on car rides. With the barrier installed life is safer. We can even have a snack without him snatching some for himself. I will say it didn’t fit as designed in our Ram 1500. We made it work. Highly recommend