Kurgo Baxter Dog Backpack
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Lightweight and rugged backpack features 8 points of adjustment to fit most dog 30 to 85 pounds.
- Two saddlebags offer liberal room for travel essentials like food, treats, toys, first-aid supplies and bowls.
- Ergonomic, padded spine support contours to your dog’s back and provides even weight distribution.
- Large handle provides extra control when you need it, and leash hook allows it to function as a harness.
- Four reflective trim strips provide increased safety from multiple angles.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Mountainsmith K-9 Dog Pack, Lava Red, Medium$69.95Chewy Price
- ZippyPaws Adventure Dog Backpack, Graphite, Large$36.62Chewy Price$43.99List Price
- EzyDog High Performance Summit Dog Backpack, Large$79.00Chewy Price
- OneTigris Mammoth Dog Pack, Coyote Brown, Small$38.99Chewy Price
- KONG Scout Travel Day Dog Pack, Red/Gray, Small$23.46Chewy Price$32.00List Price
- Outward Hound Standley Sport Dog Life Jacket, Medium$24.75Chewy Price$60.49List Price
- OneTigris Eureka K9 Dog Backpack, Ranger Green, X-Small$23.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- Outward Hound Neoprene Dawson Swimmer Dog Life Jacket, Large$38.26Chewy Price$60.49List Price
- EzyDog Doggy Flotation Device Life Jacket, Yellow, X-Large$75.00Chewy Price
- Kurgo RSG Dog Pack Pannier, Black$24.95Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- DealFrisco Neoprene Dog Life Jacket, X-Large$36.64Chewy Price
- OneTigris Cotton Canvas Dog Backpack, Brown$35.98Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Cotton, Canvas, Natural Fabric|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
|Lifestage||Puppy, Adult, Senior||—||Puppy, Adult, Senior||Adult||—|
Questions & Answers
14 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
25 Customer Reviews
My mom just took me on a 125 mile backpack trip. I carried my own bowl, my food for the day, and a couple of other things. I am 60 pounds and tall and leggy (and very cute if I say so myself) and I was not sore at all!! She got me this pack because it had some back support. The straps didn’t rub me at all since they are back out of my armpits. And once when a huge elk ran right in front of us, so grabbed the handle and kept me from running like I thought I might like to. We did try a harness under it the first day so she could keep me on the leash, and it worked Ok, but that rubbed my arm pits so she just had to use a collar for the rest of the trip. She didn’t want me to carry more than a couple of pounds, but I bet I could have, especially if we walked less than 25 miles a day! Just be gentle with the zippers, that’s the weak link on this pack.
I have a 4 month old Boxer / Basenji Mix so not sure his future body size. He weighs 40 pounds so we figured to go with the big baxter so he can grow into it. Pack arrived. Made from strong material and looks good. Took me about 8 minutes to put straps all the way in for my small dog. Already works great & as he grows the pack will grow with him. Thank you
Not Big Enough
I ordered the Big Baxter and according to the dimensions (usable strap) given on the backpack, I was sure this would fit my dog...it did not. The usable parts of the straps were shorter due to the clips and buckles and unfortunately was not able to get a proper and comfortable fit on my dog. Mind you my dog is not fat, round or overweight, he a lab and pointer mix and has a beautiful barrel chest and is trim. I will continue my search, just disappointed this did not fit.
The saddlebags on this dog pack flop around and the straps are cheap and difficult to adjust. Raccoons got to it and chewed right through the fabric. After this I upgraded to the Ruffwear pack, which is superior in every way.
Easy to fit.
This backpack worked great. I got it so my dog could carry a few bottles of water while we walked at many different place while on vacation. It fit him well and he was very comfortable wearing it. I also got a collapsable water bowl which hook right on the side.
Falls to one side
We’ve used this backpack a few times with different weights and no matter how we fit it, it always falls to my dog’s left side
Pack for the working dog
This pack was recommended by Bentley's trainers. Our other dog, Indie wears a red one. They seem comfortable in their packs and they are reluctant to play or run around as if the pack means they're working. Exactly why the trainers wanted us to put them on them while they're walking. They were high strung on the leash but these packs, paired with gentle leader collars, have made a big difference.
This is very well made and super cute! My girl is very high energy so I put light weights in the sides and take walks with her! Works like magic! Has tons of room and would highly recommend for hikers and adventurers!
This backpack is perfect for my dog (Great Pyrenees St. Bernard mix). Fits snug and comfy! Easy to adjust. Fabric, straps and snaps are durable. Nice to have large and small zippered pockets, handle on top and rings for attaching items.
This backpack harness was exactly what I was looking for however I ordered the ‘Baxter’ size because my dog is 65 pounds and within the range for that size and was worried the other one would be too big. It barely fit so I re-ordered the ‘Big Baxter’ and it fits perfectly and is very cute on her.