Kurgo G-Train Dog Carrier Backpack
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This durable, tactical-inspired backpack is suitable for dogs up to 25 lbs.
- Interior fiberglass rods provide added structure, ensuring the pack keeps it shape.
- Made from waterproof, dirt-proof, Armorsole material, which stands up to the messiness that sometimes accompanies travel.
- Backpack easily converts to hand carrier when shoulder straps are stowed away.
- Ventilated mesh back and side panels, softly padded compartments and zippered pockets provide maximum comfort for you and your dog.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Collapsible Cat Carrier Bag, Black Plaid$11.99Chewy Price
- MidWest Day Tripper Dog & Cat Backpack, Gray$69.99Chewy Price$119.99List Price
- Frisco Top Loading Cat Kennel, Navy$19.99Chewy Price
- K9 Sport Sack Air 2 Forward Facing Dog Carrier Backpack, Summer Mint, Large$74.95Chewy Price$84.95List Price
- K9 Sport Sack Air Plus 2 Forward Facing Dog Carrier Backpack, Black, Large$94.95Chewy Price$99.95List Price
- K9 Sport Sack KNAVIGATE Forward Facing Backpack Dog Carrier, Grey, X-Small$174.95Chewy Price$179.95List Price
- K9 Rucksack Dog & Cat Carrier Backpack, Heather Gray$124.95Chewy Price$131.99List Price
- K9 Sport Sack Rover 2 Forward Facing Dog Carrier Backpack, Green, X-Large$264.95Chewy Price$279.95List Price
- Petique 5-in-1 Dog & Cat Carrier, Sunset Strip$189.99Chewy Price
- K9 Sport Sack Trainer Dog & Cat Carrier Backpack, Black, X-Small$49.95Chewy Price$59.95List Price
- Kurgo Explorer Airline-Approved Dog Carrier Bag, Black, Large$89.95Chewy Price$98.99List Price
- Outward Hound Puppak 2 in 1 Dog Carrier, Black$87.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Features||Pockets, Removable Pad, Top Load, Water-resistant, Interior Tether||Pockets, Water-resistant||Top Load, Interior Tether, Pockets, Water-resistant||Top Load, Removable Pad, Interior Tether, Pockets, Water-resistant||N/A|
|Material||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Nylon, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds|
Questions & Answers
6 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
25 Customer Reviews
Uncomfortable for my Dog
I bought this carrier because of good reviews and I thought to give it a try. When I got it I was amazed with the quality, very sturdy and well made. Lots of pockets for storage. But the details they put that this is up to 25 lbs is very misleading. My dog is only 20 lbs and he can’t barely fit inside. I had to remove everything and it’s still not comfortable for him. So you really can’t use the pockets. He was crying and I got scared because he looks like he has trouble breathing so I immediately take him out. This carrier is only good for 10-15 lb dogs. Definitely not for more than 15 lbs.
Perfect for hiking!
My husband and I hiked Hocking Hills State Park with our 9 lb havapoo, Hank and this backpack was a huge help. He was completely content in it and it was comfortable to wear. We were also able to store our snacks, water and other supplies in the side pockets and the back compartment.
Wonderful if right sized dog
This is an amazing backpack. We threw a couple of treats in and our puppy very quickly became comfortable. We even were about to zip the zippers as if she were being carried on to an airplane. Very high quality zippers and materials. Plenty of room to put some human items in the pack also. The only problem occurred was that vertically the head opening cam right at our dog’s trachea, so either she was all the way in the pack or trying to get her head out further. We very sadly returned the pack.
Not really airline approved
This pack is great for hiking w my pups. As one got tired, she hopped in for a rest while I kept going. It's comfortable to carry them even though they're at the higher part of the weight range at 18 and 20lbs. However, when I tried to take one on a flight, the airline (Alaska) refused on our second trip stating they didn't think it had enough ventilation. I'm working on modifications, but be prepared to get turned away at check in on Alaska depending on who is working.
Adventurer and dog mom
This bag is amazing! My dog loves it, I love being able to have a place for my own things, and it works GREAT on a plane. I’m actually going to order a second one so my pups don’t have to share. My dogs are 24 and 29 pounds and fit nicely. We travel a lot, and we do a lot of adventure travel (national parks, backwoods hiking and camping, etc) and this bag does it all. The straps are amazing and really distribute the weight of the bag well.
NOT airline approved
American Airlines employees said this was a ‘knapsack’. A truly frustrating and completely avoidable scenario. Here’s a thought Chewy & Kurgo: don’t advertise as ‘airline approved’ if it isn’t. ¯\_(-_-)_/¯
yesssss yes and yes
Holds my 11lbs pup he can lay down or sit and stand and it even holds my 24lb cockapoo she can sit or stand comfortably! Very durable than any other backpack I’ve gotten. It’s worth the price! We got so many compliments hiking and it doesn’t hurt your back when your holding your pup.
Not as good as i hoped
This pack is sturdy and has tons of storage space- that being said there are significant flaws. The "stabilizing rods" (there are 4.. even though it says 2) are hard to get in/out. And you sacrifice comfort. Your pet will be laying on the rods if you choose to have them. (Which i would.. otherwise the bag is less ventilated). There isn't enough ventilation- the mesh sides are where the bottle holders are. So if you carry a bottle, your dog's air spots are covered. Bottom line- I wouldn't keep a pet in here without the head flap open. Unfortunately.. the head hole is large enough for an 18lb dog to easily jump out. So my dog will need a lot of training to ride inside. (Since i can't just keep the flap closed). Now for human comfort. This bag is very adjustable!! The straps have several places to loosen and tighten. I am 5'1" and 120lbs. It is so hard to find bags like this that tighten enough- and this does! Another note- for airlines. I wouldn't recommend for air travel. On its side as they suggest- it wouldn't be comfortable for any dog to stand up and turn around. Period. A dog can lay down and that is it.
this was incredible, until it was not.
I'm giving this one star, because the flaw is critical. I love this bag. I have been using it to walk to and from the vet with my dogs. Today, one of my girls got sick, and she threw up in the bag. Just so you know, the insert inside of the bottom pad is cardboard! It is now soaked through and is destroyed. I don't know why they would put the money into something of such high-quality and then have an oversight like that. Very frustrated!
Great Adventure Pack
Was looking for a comfortable pack for my little dog, to take around town with me and on adventures. This is a sturdy pack, build well, has compartments I can use for my computer or hydration bladder and lots of pockets for dog treats, etc. My dog is very comfortable laying in it and peaking out the top. She’s 10 lbs.