Merrick Healthy Grains Senior Recipe Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Paw-fect for senior dogs!
- Balanced recipe includes protein, produce, and whole grains—including ancient grains.
- Formulated with deboned chicken as its first ingredient.
- Made with DHA to support brain health, glucosamine and chondroitin to support hip and joint health, and omega-3 and 6 fatty acids to support skin and coat health.
- Healthy grains such as brown rice, oatmeal, barley, and quinoa support digestive health.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Active Life Formula Senior Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$54.02Chewy Price$51.32Autoship Price
- Merrick Grain-Free Senior Dry Dog Food Real Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe, 22-lb bag$69.98Chewy Price$66.48Autoship Price
- American Journey Active Life Formula Senior Salmon, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$54.02Chewy Price$51.32Autoship Price
- Halo Holistic Grain Free Turkey, Turkey Liver, & Duck Senior Dog Food Recipe Dry Dog Food Bag, 10-lb bag$45.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price$43.69Autoship Price
- Merrick Lil' Plates Grain-Free Small Breed Dry Dog Food Senior Real Chicken + Sweet Potato Recipe, 12-lb bag$47.98Chewy Price$45.58Autoship Price
- dealWellness CORE Digestive Health Age Advantage Senior Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$19.98Chewy Price$20.99List Price$15.95Autoship Price
- CANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Senior Limited Ingredient Chicken, Sweet Potato & Garbanzo Bean Recipe Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$42.99Chewy Price$40.84Autoship Price
- Merrick Healthy Grains Healthy Weight Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$21.66Chewy Price$22.98List Price$20.58Autoship Price
- Go! Solutions Carnivore Grain-Free Chicken, Turkey + Duck Senior Recipe Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$77.99Chewy Price$74.09Autoship Price
- Wellness CORE Grain-Free Senior Deboned Turkey Recipe Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$58.38Chewy Price$74.99List Price$55.46Autoship Price
- Nulo Freestyle Trout & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Senior Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$25.99Chewy Price$24.69Autoship Price
- Wellness CORE Digestive Health Wholesome Grains Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Small Breed Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$45.98Chewy Price$47.99List Price$43.68Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Chicken By-Products (organs only, source of arginine), Corn Meal...||Chicken Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground White Rice...||Chicken By-Products (organs only, source of arginine), Corn Meal...||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Oatmeal...|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||Pea-Free, With Grain||Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, High-Protein...||Pea-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Weight Control, Pea-Free...|
|Health Feature||Brain Health, Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support...||Hip & Joint Support, Immune Support, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals, Immune Support||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||—|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Sweet Potato, Poultry, Fruits & Vegetables||Chicken, Salmon, Poultry, Seafood & Fish|
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
42 Customer Reviews
So far so good
Switched our 10 yo Springer from Sweet Potato and Bison to this food about 8 weeks ago. She gobbles it down (although not as greedily as Bison), has had no stomach problems, and remains healthy and active. Changed from the old food because it was harder to find, more expensive, and we wanted the glucosamine, omega, and grains for our aging pup. We've started feeding her less than the recommended amount because she put on a couple pounds with no change in activity level or treats.
Yummy - and Healthy!
Hi. I'm a 8-9 year old super mutt that Mom rescued last year. Doc said I was "emaciated" - Yikes! No wonder I was eating everything in sight. Mom started me on 2x the recommended daily amount of this stuff and I bulked up nicely - No more counter surfing. But . . . Doc also said I had Exocrine Pancreatic Enzyme Deficiency, which explained why my poop was soooo loose. But the medicine is fine mixed with a bit of water in this kibble! Mom now mixes this with the Merrick Senior Grain Free kibble so my poop is just right to grab with the poop bag one handed YAY.
Not the kibble quality or smell as usual
We have been ordering Merrill Sr Dog Kibble for 6-8 months. This bag is not the same! The kibble texture is different, the smell is not the same and my dogs don't want to eat it.
Old dog didn’t like it
Dog refused to eat it. She can be picky. She sniffed a d backed away. Only bought a small bag. I’ll keep searching for a senior dog food
HARD TO GET HER TO EAT HUGE BAG WILL BE GOING TO WASTE
MY DOGS HAVE HAD THIS FOOD IN THE PAST AND LOVED IT. BUT NOW THEY WILL NOT TOUCH IT.
Millie’s new food
She adjusted easily as she had been on another Merrick recipe for some time. We mixed the two together to switch her over to this one. Very pleased.
Thank you to Compassionate Employees at Chewy
Our dog didn’t want to eat his kibble anymore, & Hannah at Chewy’s worked tirelessly with us to help us find the right match for Bailey, our sweet golden retriever. She was amazing, personable and professional. I felt like I was talking with my best friend. Unfortunately, it turned out Bailey had liver cancer and he passed 2 weeks after diagnosis. My husband called the 800 number to cancel Bailey’s auto shipment. Two weeks later, a box arrived containing a dozen beautiful white roses. The sweet & respectful sentiment was signed “Love, Tiffany and your Chewy Family”. How astounding that a present-day company would acknowledge a customer’s heartbreak in such a tender way. Kudos Chewy, when you say “your Chewy Family”, you really mean it. Thank you!
Finally a Kibble My Picky Old Girl Likes
Our almost-thirteen YO rescue has never liked kibble. She has terrible teeth, a ridiculously sensitive stomach, advanced arthritis, and thinks she's a cat. Not an easy dog to feed. Ever. But she needs the fiber for her digestion, so I kept trying—high-end, low-end, grain-free, potato-free, rice-based, legume-based, etc. ad nauseam. You name it, I bought it and she hated it. FINALLY, I found this. And, hallelujah, she eats it, sometimes preferring it over her wet food. Bonus points that it doesn't upset her stomach. Is it helping her arthritis? Who knows? It's probably asking too much for kibble to make a difference in a dog that requires carprofen daily to keep her joint pain and swelling under control. She likes it. It likes her. So I like it too.
Tried gradually (1/3 this, 2/3 old) adding this food to our 12 year-old's current Wellness Core Senior and she has thrown up the meals both times. Will go back to Wellness. I never should have attempted switching. No go for us.
Been using it for years. All my dogs love it & have lived to 16 or older in good health.