MidWest Exercise Pen Wire Mesh Top
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Exercise pen top fits all MidWest models and most standard metal exercise pen brands with doors and without doors—must be in a square configuration for the top to fit effectively.
- Features a durable e-coat that prevents rusting, making sure it endures the outdoor elements for long-lasting use.
- Includes eight thumb snaps to securely lock the metal top to the exercise pen keeping intruders out and furry escape artists inside the exercise pen.
- Metal top is easy to install with no tools required and is hinged down the center for easy half-access into the dog pen.
- Playpen top provides your dog with healthy air circulation, great visibility and additional security while being used indoors or out.
Compatible with all MidWest Exercise Pens when configured into a 4-by-4 square.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco 4-Panel Plastic Exercise Dog Playpen, Black$45.83Chewy Price$48.45List Price
- Lucky Dog Wire Dog Exercise Pen with Step-Thru Door, Medium$68.99Chewy Price$111.75List Price
- Frisco 8-Panel Plastic Exercise Dog Playpen, Gray$99.71Chewy Price
- Iconic Pet 8-Panel Portable Foldable Wire Dog Pen, 24-in$49.18Chewy Price$79.99List Price
- Dogit Indoor/Outdoor Wire Dog Playpen, Large$65.26Chewy Price$119.99List Price
- Frisco Dog & Small Pet Wire Exercise Pen with Step-Through Door, Black, 24-in$35.69Chewy Price$38.99List Price
- Pet Adobe Folding Puppy Playpen$49.95Chewy Price$74.95List Price
- Go Pet Club Heavy Duty Wire Dog Exercise Pen, Small$87.99Chewy Price$108.99List Price
- DealYaheetech 8 Panel Dog Playpen, Black$52.99Chewy Price
- DealYaheetech Heavy Duty Wire Dog & Cat Playpen, Black, 24-inch$96.99Chewy Price$102.99List Price
- MyPet Petyard Passage Plastic Dog Pen$75.56Chewy Price$109.99List Price
- Precision Pet Products Ultimate Wire Dog Excercise Pen with Door, X-Large$88.45Chewy Price$109.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Features||Removable Cover, Water-resistant||Removable Cover, Water-resistant||—||Collapsible, Corner Stabilizers, Ground Stakes, Walk-Through||—|
|Material||Coated Metal, Metal||Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Plastic||Coated Metal, Metal||Steel, Metal|
|Breed Size||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Extra Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds|
|Tools Included||—||—||—||No||No Tools Required|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
38 Customer Reviews
A perfect solution to keep kittens contained
I’m so happy with my purchased. It arrived in good shape. I didn’t have any issues with damaged like some people described. Worth every penny. My foster kittens learned how to scale the wire playpen so fast. I couldn’t keep up with them. I did order a material cover, but never tried it. I love this wire top. It fits well, clips easily to the wire pen, has a cut out area for the door to be accessed, and the design to fold it in half to open/store is very smart and helpful. I’ve had no issues with kittens escaping and since it’s a wire top I feel the entire pen is more stable and secure.
It's worth it!
I have indoor rabbits that use 4x4 exercise pens and these give me peace of mind that the bunnies won't hop out and get into trouble chewing on things when we're not home. I also occasionally raise chicks and put them outside on nice days in exercise pens. I used to use an old sheet secured by clothespins to keep any aerial predators from getting at the chicks, but this wire mesh top will be so much more secure and nicer looking! I initially felt they were cost prohibitive, but really they are definitely worth it!
Work well to keep my dogs in
Works well fir my dogs bigger heavy breeds would bend it but for my border collies and standard poodle it’s perfect
Good Product, Shipping Questionable
Overall it’s functional and does the job I need it to do, which is cover the top of my rabbit’s pen to keep her from jumping out (she’s a foster in a temporary pen that’s shorter than 3’) while still allowing airflow (I was previously using a bed sheet, and it’s hot in Florida, even indoors so we use fans for airflow). It works great. However, mine did arrive bent and a little out of shape. It still works, so it’s not a huge deal, but it seems like something happened either during transit or before. I’ve never had this issue with any other chewy orders, so I don’t blame them at all! Just be aware that yours may come a little misshapen. Pic included, as you can see it looks funky, but it still fits well over the top of the pen.
The mesh top is as expected. However, I would not recommend Chewy if the item is needed quickly. It took 9 days and 10 different cities before it arrived. Shipping was the issue.
Keeps an athletic bunny contained
We use the exercise pen as a home for our rabbit. After about 5 months, she learned how to jump from side to side and get out of the pen. I ordered the top and she can no longer escape. The top fits on easily and easily folds over so that we can still get in the pen to clean and play with her.
does the job
We bought this mesh top because one of our bunnies kept climbing out of any size cage we got. The top fits the cage we have snug. The clips that came with it to secure the mesh top to the cage aren't very good if you want to open it every day to clean the cage out. I find them to small and the clips stick and are hard to grip. A few of the clips where junk from the start. Clip part already bent... We use other clips now to hold the top on. Over all, I would buy again! I give it 4 stars mostly because of the clips being bad.
Great topper! Should have read description though.
So, I thought this was an actually kennel itself and not just a topper but either way I needed it, it works well, I am currently using it for my chicks to chicken transition. It gets the job done and keeps them safe. I plan on using it again if I ever have another batch.
A friend gave me an exercise pen for my new puppy, and he learned how to scale the pen and escape in just a few days. Even though it’s not the same brand as the pen it fit perfectly and gives my puppy a safe and secure place to hang out. Some people complained about it sagging in the middle but it’s super minimal, not an issue at all.
This is the best invention in years! So easy to use, stays in place, how did I get along without it. Love-Love- Love it!