PetHonesty Flea & Tick Defense Hickory Bacon Flavor Soft Chew Dog Flea & Tick Repellent, 90 count
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Chemical-free chews are made in the USA.
- Formulated as a natural way to repel fleas, ticks, mosquitos and other seasonal pests.
- Made with vitamin-packed, natural ingredients including coconut oil, garlic and flaxseed.
- Free from added wheat, corn, soy, chemical preservatives and GMOs.
- Designed to help your buddy build up resistance to seasonal pests while strengthening his immune system.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Project Paws Brewer’s Yeast & Garlic Natural Flea & Tick Repellent for Dogs, 300 Chewable tablets$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Capstar Flea Oral Treatment for Dogs, over 25 lbs, 6 Tablets$36.99Chewy Price$40.99List Price$35.14Autoship Price
- Advantus Flea Oral Treatment for Dogs, 23-110 lbs, 30 Soft Chews$56.98Chewy Price$54.13Autoship Price
- Capstar Flea Oral Treatment for Dogs, 2-25 lbs, 6 Tablets$36.99Chewy Price$40.99List Price$35.14Autoship Price
- K9 Advantix II Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, over 55 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$67.42Chewy Price$69.98List Price$64.05Autoship Price
- PetArmor Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 45-88 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$39.99Chewy Price$44.99List Price$37.98Autoship Price
- Onguard Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 23-44 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$25.58Chewy Price$24.30Autoship Price
- Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs, over 18 lbs, 2 Collars (16-mos. supply)$95.98Chewy Price$113.98List Price$91.18Autoship Price
- Frontline Gold Flea & Tick Treatment for Large Dogs, 45-88 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$49.99Chewy Price$57.99List Price$47.49Autoship Price
- K9 Advantix II Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 21-55 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$56.26Chewy Price$69.98List Price$53.45Autoship Price
- Hartz Ultra Guard ProMax Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs, Gray, 2 collars (12-mos. supply)$32.97Chewy Price$31.32Autoship Price
- Frontline Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Large Dogs, 45-88 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$63.00Chewy Price$74.99List Price$59.85Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Coconut Oil, Garlic Powder, Flaxseed...||Active Ingredients : Proprietary blend of (Brewers Yeast, Calcium Carbonate, Cyanocobalamin...||Imidacloprid.||Imidacloprid.||—|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds|
|Lifestage||Adult||Adult, Puppy, Kitten, Senior||Adult, Puppy||Adult, Puppy, Senior||Adult|
|Food Flavor||Hickory, Bacon||—||—||—||—|
Questions & Answers
17 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
255 Customer Reviews
PetHonesty flee & tick defense
I started my 10 year old chihuahua, Pippa, on this a little over a month before flea & tick season; it's important to start at least 30 days before in order for the ingredients to infuse into the skin. Pip didn't like them at first; she wouldn't eat a whole one, so I carefully broke it in half and she took the plunge! If you don't handle them gingerly, they'll crumble. Anyway, my Pippa is now expecting one a day! And, no fleas or ticks when we used to experience them every year. I'm so much happier giving her something natural and organic. For those people who say their dogs don't like them, think outside the box and keep trying! For those who say it doesn't work, remember, you need to start at least 30 days before the flea and tick season. Good luck!
I really don't like using chemical flea treatments, whether topical or oral. I feel like the long term health hazards are high. We just ordered this and we are still working through the first container. However, we have yet to see a flea, and this has been a very hot and humid summer so far. Our pup goes to camp where there are oodles of dogs. If he's going to get fleas, it's going to be there for sure! But luckily, nothing so far. We will continue to use this product and treat him in a more holistic manner.
The honest review you need!
Listen! My dogs LOVE these! They smell great! And they work even better! There's a catch to these that most people tend to overlook: you have to feed them daily, and they can take anywhere from 30 - 60 days to start working without the assistance of other flea products! 4 stars for the slight oversight on the directions about length of time for effectiveness but these are the bomb!
My dogs love this!
I was looking for something natural since we have had a horrible summer for fleas. One of our dogs has super sensitive skin and was losing her hair also. I got this hoping it would work as I could not afford prescription strength. They love the taste and they have no fleas! Plus her hair is growing back. Highly recommend this product.
pethonesty flea & tick defense!
EXCELLENT product!! We live in super dry/arid Colorado so we’ve never really needed flea & tick meds (plus it’s literally a poison and I don’t want to be administering that to my dogs unless it’s absolutely necessary). We went to my grandpa’s in Minnesota for a week and when we got back both dogs were covered in ticks. We stopped counting after 9. Since we were going back again soon, I ordered these natural treat defense and gave each dog 2 per day until we left for grandpa’s. We’ve been back in CO for 5 days now and NOT A SINGLE TICK!! Very pleased and I highly recommend.
Questionable product for my dog
Mica liked the product and it seemed to work for fleas. He is a dachshund mix. So a small dog. We started noticing tummy troubles and it didn't agree with him at all. We took him off of it right away and he is back to normal. So if you try it be aware it may disagree with your pet.
I always purchase the PetHonesty products. I recently ordered the Flea & TickDefense. My Toy Aussie has no issues eating the soft chewSoft Chew Dog Flea & Tick Repellent. However we didn't wait to monitor exactly how effective the ingredients worked for the fleas because the Advantixx arrived.
It Does Work Just Give it TIME
I have tried several different flea meds. at first they worked ok then I would start to see fleas again. I started using this product in Feb. of this year and I have not seen one flea on any of my 5 dogs! My one is a white Chinese Created powder puff that is highly allergic to fleas, and let me say she has had the best summer so far with NO FLEAS! Happy to say none of the other have had any either. I give 1 tablet to the (3) little ones and 2 tablets to the (2) bigger dogs daily. I crush it up and mix it in wet dog food, they never know the difference. Like I said I started giving them all these chews in Feb. so it would be in their system by time flea season rolled around. If I'm not mistaken it takes about 30 days to build up in their system so if your just starting this product give it time to build up and you will see a difference.
Product does not work
I have two small shipoos and this product hasn’t worked. I gave it three weeks and still has t changed anything. It’s also a hassle to give it to them daily. My one pup doesn’t like it and will only eat it if I bribe him with a treat afterwards.
Ticks n Fleas
So glad this product has mosquito coverage. I'm on the Oregon coast surrounded by forest and mosquitos 365. This has worked for my adopted Dawgs and my fosters.