PetSafe Eatwell 5-Meal Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- BPA-free plastic, dishwasher-safe food trays
- Holds 5 cups of dry food, divided into five 1-cup portion sections
- Simply put in the 4 D-cell batteries, fill the feeder trays with dry food, and set the times for when your pet needs to eat. You can set up to five feeding times!
- Feeder will rotate to the next tray at that same set time every day; all you have to do is re-fill the trays with food
- Uses 4 D-cell batteries (not included), batteries last up to 12 months
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco Round Dog & Cat Fountain, 50-oz, Gray$23.16Chewy Price
- PetSafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed Programmable Dog & Cat Feeder, 24-cup$89.95Chewy Price$129.99List Price
- DealFrisco Whimsical Leaf Round Dog & Cat Fountain, 50-oz, Mint Green$23.49Chewy Price$25.99List Price
- Cat Mate C300 Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder, 3-cup$49.99Chewy Price$93.60List Price
- DealPetSafe 6-Meal Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder, Blue$89.95Chewy Price
- PetSafe Automatic Two-Meal Dog & Cat Feeder, Grey$21.95Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- Cat Mate C500 Digital 5 Meal Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder$59.89Chewy Price$106.82List Price
- DOGNESS Programmable Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder, Pink$69.99Chewy Price$99.99List Price
- PetSafe Smart Feed 2.0 Wifi-Enabled Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder, Blue$129.95Chewy Price$209.99List Price
- DOGNESS Mini Programmable Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder, Pink$62.99Chewy Price$99.99List Price
- Petlibro WIFI Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder, 4-L$75.99Chewy Price$85.99List Price
- Cat Mate C200 2-Bowl Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder, 4-cup$53.99Chewy Price$65.04List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
|Bowl & Storage Feature||Automatic, Dishwasher-Safe, Portion Control||Automatic||Automatic, Portion Control||Automatic, Portion Control||Automatic|
|Lifestage||Puppy, Kitten, Adult, Senior||Adult||Adult||Adult||Adult|
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic, Stainless Steel, Metal||Plastic, Stainless Steel, Metal|
|Capacity (Max)||5 Meals - 1-cup each||18-cup||17-cup||17 cups/4L||2.4-gal|
Questions & Answers
44 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
526 Customer Reviews
This feeder works, but my cats are terrified of it
I bought this to get my cats into a strict routine with food and bought instead of other feeders because it can house wet food. It isn’t realistic to put wet food in for meals. The wet food becomes crusty and stale. It only works to put wet food if you are using the feeder for a daily change of meals (if you put wet food in the empty bowl in the morning and it shifts to dry food after - like breakfast and lunch). But that defeats the purpose of having it shift automatically, because you still need to put it in close to eating time because wet food really should only sit for about 2 hours before it starts being a breeding ground for bacteria and can upset a cats stomach. It wouldn’t work to put wet food in there and leave for multiple days. So consensus - it can’t really be used for other types of food because it doesn’t keep food fresh in a sealed container. Also, my cats are absolutely terrified of it. They still only nibble and then sprint away and I have had for over a week. Kind of disappointed with the slots and how deep they are because my cats don’t seem to like the deep l bowls either (it holds a lot of food though). This definitely isn’t going to be useful for what I bought it for - which is as a feeder for routine and using wet food mixed in.
Very reliable but i wish they'd design one with more food compartments, for those of us who must portion-feed twice a day. With only 5 spaces i can only leave town for 2 days without having a neighbor come in to refill it. Eventually i bought a 2nd one to cover 4 days. But this design is reliable, initially i had bought the silo-type dispenser which can handle longer periods but it was a piece of junk that didn't work & i returned it to Chewy.
This feeder works for our cat in a number of ways. Being a foodie, we divide up his portions to feed him 4x/day. This automatic feeder is timed to provide his meals if we're not home, which is wonderful. We now use it everyday, as he's gotten used to the rotating compartments that buzz when it's mealtime!
Harry was disappointed
I bought this to dispense daily treats to my cat while I was away. While the instructions for the timer were very clear, I had trouble figuring out how to open the battery compartment, and there were no instructions for that. As a result, although Harry had plenty of food, he did not get his treats while I was away and he was very sad.
Awesome for foods and meds
Purchased this for a cat who has constipation issues, requiring a Rx diet with miralax sprinkled on top. This was the only feeder I found able to accommodate this, and it worked flawlessly for a weekend trip away. Only wish is that there was an option for more than 5 meals. Great feeder!
Best Auto Feeder Ever!!!
Bought our first one about 12 years ago when we were looking for an automatic feeder for our diabetic cat. We needed something to monitor how much food he consumed and this was the best one we found that met our needs. Programable allowed us to set a time, fill the trays and allowed him to have prescheduled meals and at the right amounts of food. So no more over feedings. We wore out probably 2 maybe 3 motors during these past 12 years and each time we come back to this model. Our diabetic kitty has long since crossed over the rainbow bridge but our new kitty uses this and has since we brought her home. She knows when she hears the motor that means food is ready for her to eat. Highly recommend this for any pet owner that needs to limit the amount of food and that needs to be on a schedule. Excellent for dry food.
Just not reliable
I've had three of these for about 5 years, and found them to be unreliable. They don't get a lot of use, just when I'm gone for more than a couple days. Sometimes they work perfectly, and sometimes.... they just fail, in various ways. Sometimes they just don't work at all, sometimes they skip a day, sometimes they only turn halfway to the next cup; there's no pattern to it that I can tell. And this is always with fresh batteries. Do yourself a favor, skip this feeder, and get something else.
Cat harasses the feeder and not me!
So thankful for this automatic feeder. My cat likes to eat, and would wake me early to be fed. I now have the timer set and he gets his meals on schedule. Kitty stalks the feeder and not me. Yay! The batteries last a long time as well.
Didn't make life easier...
Someone else said this is really only four meals and its true. I bought one for each of my cats so I could travel a bit more confidently. Brand new and BOTH of these feeders skip a meal. Oddly they both skip the exact same meal (#2) programmed. I had to wait around to watch what was going on I couldn't believe BOTH were defective in the exact same way but they are. Also u have to program them at the EXACT same second or else one kitty has seconds of eating before the other even gets served. Caused an uproar of jealousy in my cats lol
This is our third one of these. We only use it for vacations for our cats. Each one lasted a very long time, many years. Easy to program. Has a large enough compartment for two cats to eat. Recommend!