PetSafe Keep Safe Nylon Breakaway Dog Collar
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Designed to prevent strangulation accidents.
- Safety buckle auto-releases if an object is caught on the collar.
- Keeps your dog safer when playing with other dogs or just playing in the yard.
- Attaches to a leash without breaking away for everyday wear.
- Made of nylon strap, patented break-away buckle, and metal hardware.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- EzyDog Zero Shock Absorbing Dog Leash, Blue, 48-in$38.00Chewy Price
- Red Dingo Classic Nylon Back Clip Dog Harness, Dark Blue, Medium: 17.7 to 26-in chest$16.09Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- EzyDog Quick Fit Dog Harness, Black, Large$38.00Chewy Price
- Red Dingo Classic Nylon Dog Leash, Red, Small: 6-ft long, 5/8-in wide$14.54Chewy Price$16.08List Price
- Puppia Vest Polyester Step In Back Clip Dog Harness, Black, Large: 16.9-in chest$19.90Chewy Price$23.00List Price
- PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness, Raspberry/Gray, Large$22.95Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- Puppia Black Trim Polyester Back Clip Dog Harness, Royal Blue, Large: 20 to 29-in chest$11.99Chewy Price$21.00List Price
- Aspen Pet Large Tie-Out Cable, 15-ft$14.56Chewy Price$15.99List Price
- PetSafe Gentle Leader Padded No Pull Dog Headcollar, Silver, Small: 7 to 15-in neck$19.95Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Puppia Dotty Print Polyester Back Clip Dog Harness, Pink Dotty, Large: 18.9 to 28.4-in chest$11.99Chewy Price$21.00List Price
- Ultra Paws One Adjustable Pulling Dog Harness, Small$36.34Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric, Vinyl / PVC||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric, Vinyl / PVC||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds||Large Breeds||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds|
|Leash & Collar Feature||Waterproof||Waterproof||Waterproof||Waterproof||Reflective, Training, Waterproof, Padded|
|Closure Type||Quick Release||Quick Release||Buckle||Buckle||Buckle|
Questions & Answers
13 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
311 Customer Reviews
For anyone who has multiple dogs this collar is essential to proctect against accidental choking when they play. Dogs often play fight by biting their scruff and can get stuck on the collar. The breakaway design will release and prevent this accidental choking. The rings are desinged so that when you leash your dog it cannot breakaway however, I always recommend a harness for leash walking.
Good breakaway collar
This collar works the way it supposed to. The only reason I don’t give it five stars is because you can’t use it to control your dog by hand. That is, you can’t grab ahold of the collar to hold him back because the collar will snap open if the dog pulls. So you have to have a leash attached to the two collar rings in order to control your dog with this collar. This is probably obvious to most people but it was not to me!
I ordered red color collars and I received dark pink ones. I would like to exchange them for black. My puppies are males and I do not want pink collars for them.
Perfect break-away collar!
Bought this after my dog got caught on our chained linked fence. It serves it’s purpose and is very durable. Will be buying again once the current one wears out.
Broke within a year
I bought two of PetSafe's break away collars last February. The buckles are plastic, one of them broke today, so it lasted less than a year.
Keeps us confident
Bought this because of a neighbor who said her dogs like to escape whenever the door is open so she recommended the collar to us as we also have an escapee. We too are confident now.
The medium fits my 25lb beagle perfectly! The breakaway collar gives me peace of mind.
Good - But reconsider if buying for a puppy!
The collar is just fine. I believe it works like it should and it's easy to use. However, I made the mistake of buying it for my 3.5 month old puppy and that was dumb of me! With puppies, you are always grabbing their collar to move them, or keep them off someone or maybe another excited dog. When the puppy pulls, the collar snaps off and puppy is loose! I guess I should have had the common sense this would happen, but it didn't occur to me. If you're only planning on using this either with a leash, or on a well behaved dog, I think it's a good choice!
Meets intended purpose
I have a shih tzu who normally wears a harness, however his new daycare required a breakaway collar with a name tag on it. This was one of the only breakaway collars I could find that wasn’t meant for cats and it works very well. I have to pull pretty good to get the breakaway to open, I feel confident in that if he got stuck on something it would open but will not open too easily. Sizing was accurate. Only negative is if you have a tag on the collar, where the pre-designed tag slot goes causes to tag to constantly clink against the metal leash loops. Wish that could be moved but just a minor annoyance.
Don’t debate any longer
So I searched for a breakaway collar since my baby had terrible traumatizing experience, I have been so scared to put a new collar on him but this one gives me so much ease! And he looks so handsome w it on, I got him the all black one I’m just waiting for his new tags to come in to put on <3