Pioneer Pet Big Max Style Stainless Steel Dog & Cat Fountain, 128-oz
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Extra-large drinking area perfect for multi-pet households.
- Circulating drinking water is naturally appealing to your pet.
- 128 ounce capacity reduces time refilling.
- Dishwasher safe, stainless steel construction allows for easy cleaning.
- For optimal performance we recommend that you clean the fountain once a week and disassemble/clean the pump once a month.
Click here for replacement filters.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Ceramic Dog & Cat Fountain, Gray, 64-oz$79.99Chewy Price
- Pioneer Pet Stainless Steel Dog & Cat Fountain Raindrop Design, 60-oz$40.13Chewy Price$74.99List Price
- Frisco Stainless Steel Triangle Dog & Cat Fountain, 1 Gallon$49.99Chewy Price
- Drinkwell Pagoda Ceramic Dog & Cat Fountain, Taupe, 70-oz$89.95Chewy Price$99.99List Price
- Pioneer Pet Plastic Dog & Cat Fountain Fung Shui Design, 60-oz$22.23Chewy Price$27.99List Price
- dealPetSafe Healthy Gravity Refill Dog & Cat Waterer, 128-oz$21.95Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- Pioneer Pet Raindrop Ceramic Dog & Cat Fountain, Black, 60-oz$49.99Chewy Price$64.99List Price
- Van Ness Automatic Dog & Cat Feeder, 1.5-cup$9.45Chewy Price
- Pioneer Pet Replacement Filters for Ceramic & Stainless Steel Fountains, 4 pack$10.07Chewy Price$14.99List Price$9.57Autoship Price
- dealPetSafe Healthy Pet Food Station Gravity Refill Dog & Cat Feeder, 8-cup$17.95Chewy Price$27.99List Price
- Drinkwell Zen Stainless Steel Dog & Cat Fountain, 128-oz$54.95Chewy Price$64.99List Price
- Pioneer Pet Replacement Filters for Plastic Raindrop & Fung Shui Fountains, 3 pack$4.26Chewy Price$5.79List Price$4.05Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||All Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Large Breeds, Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds|
|Bowl & Storage Feature||Dishwasher-Safe, Lead-Free, Tip-Resistant||Dishwasher-Safe, Lead-Free, Tip-Resistant||—||BPA-Free, Tip-Resistant, Dishwasher-Safe||Dishwasher-Safe, BPA-Free, Tip-Resistant|
|Lifestage||Adult||Adult||Adult||Puppy, Kitten, Adult, Senior||Puppy, Kitten, Adult, Senior|
|Material||Stainless Steel, Metal||Stainless Steel, Metal||Ceramic||Plastic||Plastic|
|Compatibility||Plug-In Power||Plug-In Power||Plug-In Power||Plug-In Power||Plug-In Power|
Questions & Answers
30 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
564 Customer Reviews
5 years running!
We have 2 cats (1 long haired) and a dog. All 3 shed. Needless to say, the water dish gets hair in it. However, it hasn't stopped this thing from working! We love it so much! In the summer, we put ice in it to keep it colder. It's quiet operation as in you can't hear it unless your head is near it. But a low hum. Yes, you do need to take it apart to clean it, but the fountain part of it is worth it because my pets love it. Not sure why some reviewers are saying the pump isn't strong enough. It's plenty strong. People that want a no maintenance water dish, get a bowl only! What did you expect with a pump? I stand behind this 100% and I don't work for chewy or pioneer pet, or their affiliates. Just a happy customer. Ask me questions, I'll answer honestly. Not many reviews like this given out, only when warranted. :)
Dog water fountain
Great idea to keep water moving and cool as my lab won't drink slobber water. I like that the pressure can be adjusted. However I gave it 3 stars because the power supply or the pump died after 5 days. Power supply was hot. Chewy is sending me a new one. When that one arrives I will test the pump to determine what died and if able, I will update this comment.
We have had this for more than 4 years, maybe a lot longer, i'm not sure. In Texas we have really hard water, so we dont put it in the dishwasher. We have to soak the minerals off with vinegsr. The motor is still going strong, even with cat fur working into it. I just have to get a new one because the little plastic slide broke a bit a couple years ago. It still worked, but finally slipped down the drain.
Love this Fountain
We bought this bowl for our standard poodle a year ago. She loves the hose so we thought she would like a fountain. We wanted to encourage her to drink more for to reduce bladder infections. She loves it! We rinse with hot soapy water daily and refill it with fresh cold water- We take the motor out and clean under the suction cups 2x a week. This is Not a self-cleaning bowl. I am just now wondering about how to replace the charcoal filter because the foam layer is looking like something I wouldn’t want my water to run through.
I have a larger breed cat; she is very difficult about her water and this does the trick, she wont drink from normal water bowls (or my cups) anymore. The filter is kinda weak so if you have a cat who drops toys in, or a dog who is messy, this might not work for you. Otherwise I clean/refill this once a week no problems.
Water pump too small for the volume of water
Water pump is not big enough to handle the amount of water and the filter does not actually filter anything out. My dog is a messy eater and drinker and the filter thing gets clogged up so easily and the whole thing has to come apart and be cleaned. I want to return the item as it has not really done the job of circulating fresh and filtered water for my dog.
Dirty and Holds Very Little Water
This dish has to be cleaned twice a week because it develops a nasty slime. I use only filtered water and no other bowl has had this issue. I changed the filter to be on the strongest mode but it still can’t pull in the slobber and clean the water. I also have to fill the bowl twice a day so that the motor is covered. The dish can’t get less than an inch below the edge before becoming noisy and the filter not working. This was an expensive purchase for something that requires so much maintenance!! If the packaging hadn’t been tossed I would have returned it.
Perfect for my Soft Coat Wheaten
My 50 lbs Wheaten absolutely loves, loves, loves this water fountain and so does her human! It is super easy to clean, really quiet and she doesn't get her face wet. Win, Win! Highly recommended for a fur baby that likes to drink from water that flows. It also keeps the water nice and cold without ice. Love the this product!!!!
Sleek and quiet
I love the primarily stainless steel design for this unit and it is super quiet. I don't even notice it. Though I have had a fountain for years so I'm not bothered by the quiet hum of the motor. I found it very intuitive and easy to set up and it's already far easier to clean than our prior unit. I have the pump set on high and the flow rate is pretty good. Both my dog and cat were immediately fascinated by the new fountain too. Though we're sad to see the old, reliable one go, stainless steel is healthier for them in the long run and I'm currently optimistic about this one lasting us many years as our prior plastic one if not more.
Motor piece died
I bought this in Feb and the fountain part lasted until August. I was constantly making sure it had water. Not happy because they arent cheap.