Purina Pro Plan Adult Large Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Glucosamine and EPA, an omega-3 fatty acid, help support your dog’s joint health and mobility.
- This high-protein recipe helps promote muscle conditioning when combined with proper exercise.
- Vitamin A and omega-6 fatty acids help nourish skin and coat health.
- Large breed dog food for adult dogs who weigh over 50 pounds.
- 100% complete and balanced nutrition for adult dogs.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Active Life Formula Small Breed Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food, 14-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan High Protein Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula with Probiotics Dry Dog Food, 47-lb bag$83.99Chewy Price$86.49List Price$79.79Autoship Price
- American Journey Active Life Formula Small Breed Salmon, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food, 14-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Adult Large Breed Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 34-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Adult Shredded Blend Beef & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 35-lb bag$63.98Chewy Price$66.99List Price$60.78Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Sport All Life Stages Performance 30/20 Salmon & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 33-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Adult Shredded Blend Salmon & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 33-lb bag$63.98Chewy Price$66.99List Price$60.78Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan 7+ Complete Essentials Shredded Blend Beef & Rice Formula High Protein Dog Food, 34-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Sport Performance 30/20 Turkey, Duck & Quail Formula Dry Dog Food, 33-lb bag$63.22Chewy Price$79.99List Price$60.06Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Calm & Balanced Chicken & Rice Calming Dog Dry Food, 30-lb bag$73.98Chewy Price$76.99List Price$70.28Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Adult 7+ Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 34-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Complete Essentials Shredded Blend Turkey & Rice Formula High Protein Dry Dog Food, 17-lb bag$45.68Chewy Price$48.69List Price$43.40Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Rice, Corn Gluten Meal...||Chicken, Rice, Whole Grain Wheat...||Chicken, Rice, Whole Grain Wheat...||Chicken, Rice, Whole Grain Corn...||Chicken, Cracked Pearled Barley, Whole Grain Wheat...|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, Weight Control, With Grain||High-Protein, Weight Control, With Grain||High-Protein, Weight Control, Low Fat, With Grain||High-Protein, Weight Control, High Fiber, Low Fat, With Grain||Natural, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Hip & Joint Support, Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health...||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health, High-Energy...||Hip & Joint Support, Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health...||Appetite Stimulation, Muscle Care, Immune Support...||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
48 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
588 Customer Reviews
Change in food
I can’t seem to get the regular dog food like I always got. I’m guessing Purina changed it. It used to be rice and shredded chicken. The new kind does not say shredded. The first time I gave it to Elsa she took a bite and stepped back and barked. Lol. She’s eating it but could tell the difference. Will they be going back to the old kind? Or is this it. Curious if other places are selling the old stuff.
my Belgium Malinois loves it!
My dog loves this food and it’s really good for their fur and digestion, my dog has a very sensitive stomach and this food really worked since she was a puppy! Now that’s all I use to give her! I recommend adding a little bit of warm water before feeding so all the gases go into the air instead of their stomachs! My dog loves it!
Will not eat
My dog loves all food, will eat everything and anything… besides this dog food. Bought a huge bag because his normal food is not available and he will not touch it. Never thought I’d see the day he avoids food.
Two Thumbs Up!
I started my puppy out on a very expensive large breed food that was supposedly formulated for his breed. After about a year on this food we were asked to keep a friends dog while they went out of town. The food they left for their dog was Pro Plan Large Breed. The first chance our dog got he nearly inhaled a full bowl of it. Later, when it was time for his normal food, he wanted none of it and he's not one to skip his dinner. Even after several hours he only ate a few pieces. It was evident to me he wanted this new food so I compared the nutrients and decided to switch him over to Purina. The difference in his coat is amazing! After 1 month his coat looked shinier and healthier overall. I had to start using a puzzle feeder because he was eating entirely too fast! It's been over a year now and his tail still wags while he eats. I'm completely satisfied and definitely recommend giving Purina Pro Plan a try!
Great food for my labs!
This dog food came recommended by my trainer and GOLLY!!! My dogs are young labs and have an abundance of energy! There coats are shiny, teeth healthy, and, I give each a cup in the morning and one at night. I may give a little more based on activity . My young labs are healthy and happy!!!
my dog absolutely LOVES this food!!!
My dog loves this food! Every time I get him so dog food and he hears it he comes running! He loves this food so much that I can use it to train him and he will be 100% motivated! I have noticed with brands other than Purina he is really picky. Some more things I love about this food is how it is affordable and lasts along time. I think we have had a dog food bag in the garage for three months and its still perfectly fine to use. The dog food always comes super fast and the box is always well sealed. Thank you Chewy for such an amazing website!
recommended by our vet
I asked our vet for a good quality food. She said this is what she recommends and feeds her own dogs. So far I am very satisfied with it and the small 18lb bag lasts longer than I expected with a large dog. I only buy the smaller bag because it fits in our food storage container but I have been very happy with the results so far.
My Nelson loves this
I feed my dogs proplan at the recommendation of my vet. Nelson is 10 and he loves this. My little dogs grab a bite if any hits the floor
My dogs love this food!
I have a 2 yr old German shepherd and a yr and a half rottweiler...they love this food! We mix a little grain free wet food with it. They gobble it right down. Coats are beautiful. Poops are solid. Muscle tone is great also and they are not lacking In energy! Would recommend this dog food..we love chewy! Great customer service, selection and fast delivery 5 of 5
Got my dog to eat
My dog, for some reason, stops eating whatever current food he has and so I have to find a new food that will get him to eat. So far, this food has been wonderful and he loves it! The kibble is fairly large, but I have a (large breed) puppy who doesn't seem to have trouble eating it. It does smell kind of gross, almost fishy?, just an FYI. But so far, seeing great results, no bad reactions to eating it, etc.