Purina Pro Plan Adult Weight Management Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- High-protein recipe features real chicken as the very first ingredient.
- Crafted into a hard kibble with tender, meaty shreds to create a tasty texture.
- Developed to promote overall health and wellness with 100% complete and balanced nutrition.
- Fortified with live probiotics and natural prebiotic fiber to support digestive and immune health.
- Formulated with an optimal protein-to-fat ratio to help your mate maintain lean muscle mass during weight loss.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Active Life Formula Healthy Weight Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Adult Large Breed Weight Management Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 34-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- American Journey Healthy Weight Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Adult 7+ Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 34-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan 7+ Complete Essentials Shredded Blend Beef & Rice Formula High Protein Dog Food, 18-lb bag$49.98Chewy Price$52.49List Price$47.48Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan SPORT 7+ Performance 30/17 Chicken & Rice Forumula Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Adult Large Breed Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 34-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Adult Shredded Blend Beef & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$18.28Chewy Price$20.29List Price$17.37Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan High Protein Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula with Probiotics Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$18.28Chewy Price$20.29List Price$15.18Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Active 27/17 Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 37.5-lb bag$63.98Chewy Price$66.99List Price$60.78Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan 30/20 Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 37.5-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Shredded Blend Adult Small Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 34-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Rice, Whole Grain Corn...||New: Chicken, Rice, Poultry By-Product Meal...||Salmon, Rice, Whole Grain Wheat...||Chicken, Rice, Corn Gluten Meal...||Beef, Rice, Whole Grain Wheat...|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, Weight Control, High Fiber, Low Fat, With Grain||High-Protein, Weight Control, High Fiber, Low Fat, With Grain||High-Protein, High Fiber, With Grain||High-Protein, Weight Control, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||High-Protein, High Fiber, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Appetite Stimulation, Muscle Care, Immune Support...||Immune Support, Skin & Coat Health, Dental & Breath Care...||Appetite Stimulation, Skin & Coat Health, Immune Support...||Skin & Coat Health, Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health...||Appetite Stimulation, Immune Support, Skin & Coat Health...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Extra Small & Toy Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Beef, Meat|
Questions & Answers
32 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
642 Customer Reviews
I had high hopes.
I was really hanging my hopes on my small dog liking this food but she has no interest. She is picky but positive reviews are why I chose this with the shredded chicken, in a dry food no less! Sounds brilliant and appetizing--but I'm not the one eating it. I've tried wetting it with water and bone broth. She took a bite of the shredded chicken and spit it out. If I thought the food was bad I'd leave one star but it seems to come down to high hopes dashed by picky, picky dog. Will be donating it.
We have been using Purina for many years 50+ from farm feed to dog and cat food. We switched to ProPlan about 6 years ago when our dog was having stomach issues. He loved it and his stomach got better, his coat was shinier the vet and we were very pleased with the results. After such good results with the dog, we switched our cats over to ProPlan and they like it better than anything else we have tried feeding them. For the dogs we feed just dry. For the cats we feed both dry and canned. Would definitely recommend.
She loves it!
Our senior girl needed to lose weight to help speed her recovery from a knee injury. She was able to lose most of the weight by eating less of her regular food. But, she plateaued and was extremely hungry all the time. We switched her to Purina Pro Plan’s Adult Weight Management Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice dry dog food. She loves the taste! And, we’re able to lower her caloric intake without her feeling like she’s starving. It’s wonderful to have access to a high-quality, affordable food that our dog loves.
The Best Food Ever!
My 4yo beagle has eaten pro plan since we first brought him home as a baby. Every stage of Pro Plan he loved, and kept him really healthy. However, the regular pro plan adult food plus his daily treat intake (oops!) caused him to get a little chunky. Instead of limiting the treats, I decided to try the weight management formula. It was so easy to switch (no GI issues) and he didn’t even notice the difference. After a few months, I noticed he slimmed down and looks really healthy. I love that it’s keeping him healthy without depriving him of a good meal. He doesn’t seem like he’s starving and I know his food has the good formula/proportions of ingredients that will keep my handsome boy looking good for years to come.
Good Food - good Price
This was a switch in food for my dog as we both seemed to have put on some weight during the pandemic. I already mix two foods (Purina Pro Plan [lamb/rice] and Halo) and still had some of the old mix left so thought I could try adding this one. I am pleased with the food, as is my dog, but I was dismayed there was not a mid-size bag available. Will continue to check and make the change when it comes available - or may have to change the flavor to get a smaller bag. Thirty-four lb. is just a bit too much.
Lily likes this food, I get weight management because I don't want my little Frenchie to get fat, she is two years old and weighs 28 pounds, a couple higher than she should be. I think it's expensive but its still three dollars cheaper than the pet store by me.
Purina Pro Plan Weight Management
I chose this product because I have a Basset Hound who loves to eat. In order to keep her weight under control I feed her this food. She loves it, I add some green beans to it to give her more fiber and they are low in calories. She loves it.
Dog loves this food but..
My dog absolutely loves this food and has been on it for a few years. Unfortunately, right after I received my latest AutoShip order, she was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection and bladder stones and now has to be on a strict veterinary diet. However, she likes the new diet too! Must be the lab in her!
Great product for managing weight
We have an Australian Cattle Dog mix that was a rescue and gobbles his food and will eat everything...including garbage...etc. He was putting on weight so we put him on a diet and he lost 5 pounds - to maintain his weight loss we started feeding the pro plan weight and he has managed to keep at current weight for the past year.
purina pro plan chicken and rice
my old English sheepdogs 11 years old are slow ing eating the new kibble. trying to withhold added read chicken meat canned dog good to help make them a bit hungry to eat the new diet dog food..