Richell Premium Plus Freestanding Gate for Dogs & Cats
About This Item
- The freestanding design allows for easy placement anywhere in the home, anytime you need it.
- Designed to fit doorway or hallway openings from 34 to 63 inches wide and stands at 32 inches high.
- Side panels adjust in increments of 10 degrees to allow for more configurable options.
- Gate door locks at the top and bottom for added security.
- Side panel design prevents tipping over and the rubber feet protect floor surfaces.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Steel 3-Panel Configurable Dog Gate, 30-in, White$70.99Chewy Price
- MyPet Windsor Arch Pet Gate for Dogs & Cats$61.46Chewy Price$84.99List Price
- Frisco Metal Pattern Extra Tall Auto-close Dog Gate, 41-in, Black$69.99Chewy Price
- Richell Freestanding Gate for Dogs & Cats, Autumn Matte, Small$113.99Chewy Price$121.99List Price
- MidWest Extension for 29" Steel Pet Gate, Graphite, 11-in$15.83Chewy Price$36.99List Price
- Primetime Petz 360 Configurable Gate Extension Kit, White, 36-in$89.99Chewy Price$99.99List Price
- Spirich Freestanding Foldable Wire Dog Gate, 3 Panel$79.95Chewy Price$81.99List Price
- dealRichell Deluxe Freestanding Gate with Door for Dogs & Cats, Medium$249.99Chewy Price$374.99List Price
- Unipaws 3 Panel Free Standing Dog Gate, Gray, Large$99.99Chewy Price
- Primetime Petz 360 Configurable Gate with Door, 24-in, White$93.99Chewy Price$129.99List Price
- Primetime Petz Palm Springs Designer Pet Gate, Medium, 27-in$119.99Chewy Price$129.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||All Breeds|
|Gate Feature||Walk-Through, Foldable, Locking||Walk-Through, Foldable, Locking||Walk-Through, Foldable, Locking||Foldable||Foldable, Retractable|
|Gate Type||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing|
Questions & Answers
21 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
72 Customer Reviews
Cheap and unsturdy
We were very disappointed with this gate. It’s easy to put together, nice in appearance but after one week, with no dog even jumping on it, it is wobbling around and we had to put a dining room chair against it. We have it located between our family room and dining room and we do go Through it many times a day. Not worth the price.
Funcoand looks nice
This is a great gate! It’s good quality. It looks nice and works well. We use it to block our 3 Goldens’s from wandering around the other part of the house.
Love How it Looks, But Cheaply Made -- Have to Return
Unfortunately, the hinges are made of cheap plastic and before I even got the side hinge opened, the plastic in the hinge broke. I am returning because it is not functional as is.
Hinges broke within months
I love this gate and it’s versatility in the home but the hinges are just awful. For a gate that’s over $100 I expect more. I’m going to contact chewy to see if they can send a replacement because I expect better quality for the price paid.
Nice gate with door
Gate is good looking, tho wish I would have ordered w a second longer gate with door to block off living room from extremely active 8 week old terrier. Like the gate, which lifts up to unlatch and latch. Delivered in about 10 days. Tho I planned for stairs, needed for steps up to stairs so have to block off sides
Not bad but needs some improvements...
The gate was packaged well for delivery (this is important as packages are heaved around during delivery!) Upon opening everything was in order. Directions were about as useful as IKEA so if you are somewhat mechanically inclined you'll be OK. I needed a free standing gate to fit a non-typical entry way into my kitchen (the wall angles do not allow for a mounted gate.) This gate fits, and works well keeping "Fido" separated which solved my challenge. BUT, the gate is not as sturdy as it needs to be for its freestanding application. My suggestion to the manufacture is to add adjustable leveling feet, with a longer height length to all foot points where the gate touches the floor. (6 points in all) in addition to the one foot touch point in the middle of the main gate. I added these points and it made the gate level to my floor which you need for the gate to close correctly (its a pressure closure.) In close, if you are looking for a freestanding gate this one will work. At 190.00 I don't agree the money equals the worth of product. With some engineering changes it would...we will see...
I was disappointed in this item. Directions were hard to follow. It is not easy for me to manipulate the swing gates. I won’t be using it.
VERY UPSETTING for "premium plus"
I purchased 2 of these gates with the hopes of liking them and ordering more. VERY disappointing. Every time we even move one of these gates a screw falls out and cannot be put back because the holes are destroyed. The latches that close the door also do not keep them closed. My dogs push them with their nose and it pops right open. No matter which position you place these gates, it has to much give in them and doesn't allow the door to stay close. We have to tie them closed with a rope.
Totally Functions as Described
I bought this gate when we realized our Corgi puppy was totally unafraid of knocking over our old baby gates and dashing out of the room - the noise didn't faze her at all! The new gate can withstand her pushing but gives her visibility into the rooms she's not allowed into. We liked the first gate so much we bought a second. They were easy to assemble and are nice looking and keep Houdini Corgi where she belongs!
Well-made and versatile
Well-made and versatile. This is easy to set up, easy to open the gate and close it one-handed. Using it to block off a hallway leading to bedrooms and stairway. Because it blocks the entire hallway we don’t have to use multiple gates. Nice Wide sides that are very flexible. Wonderful construction it does not look cheap.