Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Early Cardiac Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A highly digestible, palatable, complete and balanced adult dog food with nutrients essential to support dogs suffering from or at risk of cardiac disease.
- Contains eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids, which are long chain omega-3 fatty acids for healthy cardiovascular function.
- Contains arginine, carnitine, and taurine for optimal cardiac health.
- Contains moderate, rather than severe, sodium restriction to reduce the workload on the heart.
- Preserved naturally with mixed tocopherols that boost a dog's immune system.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary UC Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$86.99Chewy Price$82.64Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hepatic Dry Dog Food, 26.4-lb bag$124.99Chewy Price$118.74Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food, 7.7-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein PS Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$57.99Chewy Price$55.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Dental Small Breed Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Puppy Gastrointestinal Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$56.99Chewy Price$54.14Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PW Large Breed Dog Food, 26.4-lb bag$137.99Chewy Price$131.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Moderate Calorie Thin Slices In Gravy Canned Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 24$105.36Chewy Price$100.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Dry Dog Food, 6.6-lb bag$38.99Chewy Price$37.04Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PW Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food, 7.7-lb bag$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Dental Medium & Large Breed Dry Dog Food, 7.7-lb bag$44.99Chewy Price$42.74Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Calm Small Breed Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat, Chicken Meal...||Brewers Rice, Corn, Chicken Fat...||Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chicken Fat...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Brown Rice, Corn...||Corn, Brewers Rice, Brown Rice...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Heart Care||Urinary Tract Health||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Digestive Health, High-Energy||Urinary Tract Health, Weight Management|
Questions & Answers
15 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
154 Customer Reviews
Meh... Not impressed
My dogs LOVE this food. They go nuts for it. But it doesn't fill them up. For 85 bucks, they shouldn't still be hungry afterwards. They're completely hungry again an hour later, and that's not like my dogs at all. So for that reason, I give 2 stars.
My dog loves it!
My dog has always been a grazer. I never had to measure his food because he didn’t overeat. This one we have to measure because he loves it!! Hope it helps his heart. Got it after he was diagnosed with a heart murmur. Will write another review as his heart is reassessed!
Chester's Favorite Food
My pup tried a sample of this prescription food and loved it. I ordered a bag from Chewy, but my pup - my best buddy- passed on before he enjoyed this order.
Small dog loves it
I was bit worried the kibble might be too large, but my 9 lb. Chihuahua mix has no trouble with it. We always moisten her food anyway for digestion like our vet recommended. When we found out she has heart issues, we started trying to gradually transition her from the old food to the Royal Canin Cardiac. We were surprised when she picked out the Cardiac food - apparently liking it better than what she had been eating for years!
My picky sweet papillon, Fleur, was diagnosed with a heart murmur and I got this for her with the vet’s approval. She seems to love it!
Quick turnaround with referral from vet and fast delivery. Product in stock and best price around.
Good product for medium to large dogs.
I was seeking a quality new food for my 7 lb Maltese who was recently diagnosed with congestive heart failure. I have always used Royal Canin and few products were available. I believe it to be a good food for her, but the kibbles are too large and the smallest amount available will probably last more than a year. In order to get her to eat it, I ground it in my nutribullet and added chicken broth to moisten. I’m still experimenting and trust she is getting some good nutrition.
extended his life and gave him energy!
My chihuahua was diagnosed with congestive heart failure around 2016/2017, he was 14 at the time. We gave him his medicine everyday and he was doing well, but we wanted to take it an extra step and got him this. He had so much more energy than before and he would scarf it down. I felt like he ate more too which was wonderful since he was aging. Even before he passed away the doctor said he was impressed with how strong his heart sounded with having CHF for so many years. I do believe this food played a part in extending his life. He passed away just 4 months shy of 18.
Dog with CHF wont eat it
My 13 year old Shih-tzu was recently diagnosed with CHF so I set out to find the best dog food for his heart condition. My dogs already eat royal canine kibble and have done so for a few years now. It's the only kibble they will eat so when I saw that RC had a kibble for CHF naturally I purchased it figuring it would be an easy transition. But my dog has not touched it. I keep offering it to him hoping he will eat but he hasn't yet. I have no doubt its a good food for CHF but the kibble is bigger than what he eats currently. I don't know if thats why he won't eat it or if it just smells different to him. I believe the sodium content is the same as in the RC yorkie/ shih-tzu kibble(what they currently eat) as it is in the early cardiac. The only difference is it contains vitamins to help with his heart. I would still recommend this kibble.
She likes it
was very concerned about changing her food. She absolutely loves this stuff. I haven't see one single pellet from the first day and she is an absolute pig. The other food she would slop all over. This stuff I should give her a table cloth