Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein PS Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A veterinary-exclusive dry dog food made with hydrolyzed protein for adult dogs with food sensitivities.
- Helps reduce skin and GI reactions that may be a result of sensitivities to common proteins found in pet foods.
- Helps minimize risk of reaction with proteins that are broken down to a size that’s less likely to be recognized by the immune system.
- Reinforces the skin barrier with essential nutrients to support healthy skin in dogs with skin sensitivity and irritation.
- Helps support healthy digestion with an exclusive blend of fibers and prebiotics.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PW Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food, 7.7-lb bag$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PR Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$109.99Chewy Price$104.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.5-oz, case of 24$105.36Chewy Price$100.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Hydrolyzed Protein HP Dry Dog Food, 7.7-lb bag$51.99Chewy Price$49.39Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PW Dry Dog Food, 30.8-lb bag$142.99Chewy Price$135.84Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Dry Dog Food, 6.6-lb bag$38.99Chewy Price$37.04Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.7-oz, case of 24$136.56Chewy Price$129.73Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PD Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$131.99Chewy Price$125.39Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal High Fiber Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$57.99Chewy Price$55.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Moderate Calorie Thin Slices In Gravy Canned Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 24$105.36Chewy Price$100.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$90.99Chewy Price$86.44Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Potato, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Coconut Oil...||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Poultry By-Products Aggregate, Coconut Oil...||Potato, Rabbit Meal, Coconut Oil...||Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chicken Fat...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Barley, Corn Gluten Meal...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Special Diet||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...||Low Glycemic, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Beef, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Rabbit, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Diabetic Support, Weight Management, Digestive Health|
Questions & Answers
15 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
87 Customer Reviews
Approved by my picky eater
My dog has been suffering with GI issues for months and we’ve been taking him to the ER and vet appointments to find out what it’s going on. His vet suspects he might have either IBD or food allergies. He does not like kibble and we tried every type of dry food before without success. His vet prescribed the Royal Canin hydrolyzed food as a food trial and he ate it like if it was a piece of chicken! He loved the food and I am so relieved! Hopefully this food will help him getting his mucousy diarrhea and stomach issues under control! Win win!
My 1 year old pocket bully has been taking this food for a week now going his second week he was losing his hair and and scratching to were he was bald and bleeding on neck and legs and also biting drawing blood but since has been eating royal canin Ps it all went away and no scratching no biting and his hair has came back and it only been 7 days can't wait to c he looks after 30 day mark hits but has to take this food for 90 days says doctor good food to give your pet if he or she has food allergies or skin problems
She loves it!
I was afraid she wouldn’t like it bcz the vet stated that it doesn’t have much flavor and had originally said to choose a meat she hadn’t had before like venison, rabbit or alligator but Royal Canin isn’t making the wet food in those flavors right now and when I emailed them they stated they were not currently making it and wasn’t sure when they would start making it again. She has a thickening in her intestines so she doesn’t break down protein in her intestines. She was so so sick I thought I was going to lose my baby. I got this one, wet and dry and she loves both and I believe it saved her life. She now wants me to throw her squeaky toys again! I’m so happy she’s doing better.
Our vet recommended this for our Boston who has a lot of allergies. Expensive but seems to help with digestive and skin issues.
Only as good as it can be
What's the point of having autoship when the customer has to keep tabs on why it has never been shipped
answer to my prayers !
My 10 year old dog had been suffering from stomach issues for years… after multiple vet visits(ultrasounds, labs, medications and several diet changes) we landed on this food and it has worked wonders! Maya used to pant, pace and crawl all over us when her stomach issues were flaring up but ever since we switched to this food her stomach flare ups and behavioral issues have all cleared up! I was even able to eliminate half of the medication she was on for stomach and anxiety!
Dog is loving this food and no stomach upset. Will continue to keep her on this.
Not as good as the Hydrolized HP
My mastiff mix Buddy has been on the RC Hydrolized HP for probably 5+ years and has done really well after getting inflammatory bowel and Cutaneous Histiocytoma skin flare ups starting around age 4 (he's now 9.) In fact my boxer dog has also been on it with him and both of them rarely get any problems, gas, etc. Buddy seemed to have an attack of pancreatitis or something similar about 6 months ago and now we have to be really careful. Doesn't seem like he can tolerate much red meat anymore which he used to love! :/ We ordered the PS version by accident when they were having a lot of supply chain issues with the food - FRUSTRATING!!! We had relocated during mid 2020. Driving all over trying to locate his HP food - sooo difficult. Chewy's shipping is great as we get the 25 lb bags. So...I mixed in the PS food. It's a totally lighter different color. He will eat it but I don't think it's agreeing with him as well. Just checked all the ingredients. HP version is a bit higher in protein and fat it looks like. HP has brewer's rice, chicken fat and beet pulp. the PS has Potato and coconut oil (no rice or chicken as far as I can see) so those are the differences. I have not had an allergy panel since he's always done so well on the HP but maybe we will as I'm curious as to whats' causing his discomfort lately.
Dog didn't like
My pup is on a food trial to figure out what is triggering his lupus. He hated this food. Wouldn't touch it. Not saying it's a bad product...but my pup hated it
Hey... they really like this!!!
I needed to put one of of my two English Cocker Spaniels on a special diet to try to eliminate symptoms of some kind of allergy... It would be too hard to feed the other one something different so they are both on the hydrolyzed protein diet... They both like it!! Especially my female with the runny nose and eyes... She asks for extra servings or to be fed at times when it is not meal time. she watches my male carefully to see if he doesn't finish what's in his bowl and she will pounce right on it if I'm not watching. If I put both bowls down with food, my male doesn't always start eating right away...If I leave the room, my little chow hound will run to eat as much out of his bowl as she can get away with and then scoot back to her full bowl so she doesn't get caught!