Safari Guillotine Nail Trimmer for Dogs
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Regular nail care prevents injury and is an important part of keeping your pet happy and healthy.
- Features a stainless-steel double-bladed guillotine-style cutter for a long-lasting, sharp cutting edge.
- High-quality, durable trimmers quickly and easily trim her nails to keep them short and looking good.
- Vinyl grip is designed to fit comfortably in either hand and help you keep a firm, steady grip while trimming.
- Small size suitable for small to medium dogs, cats, birds and other small animals; large size suitable for medium to large dogs.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Master Grooming Tools Ergonomic Professional Dog Nail Clipper, Small$14.97Chewy Price
- Evolution Professional Dog Nail Trimmer, Small-Medium$10.40Chewy Price
- Hartz Groomer's Best Nail Clipper for Dogs & Cats$8.22Chewy Price
- CHI Standard Nail Dog Clipper, Large Size$19.99Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- Bissell Dog & Cat Nail Clippers$10.10Chewy Price$14.99List Price
- Pet Republique Large Dog Nail Clippers & Filer$9.99Chewy Price$20.99List Price
- Safari Diamond Dog Nail File$7.49Chewy Price
- Zen Clipper Precise Adjustable Dog Nail Clipper$24.95Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- Wahl Premium Pet Nail Filer, Red$24.99Chewy Price$31.45List Price
- Dog Fashion Spa Crystal Glass Nail File$15.00Chewy Price
- Millers Forge Nail Clipper, Medium, bundle of 2$17.98Chewy Price$19.98List Price
- Millers Forge Nail Clipper With Safety Stop, 2 count$8.92Chewy Price$9.92List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic, Rubber||Stainless Steel, Metal||Stainless Steel, Metal|
|Grooming Tool Type||Nail Clippers||Nail Clippers||Nail Clippers||Nail Clippers||Nail Clippers|
|Breed Size||—||—||Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||—|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
74 Customer Reviews
I have had and used the same guillotine Nail Clipper for the past 40 years, but it finally fell apart, so I thought that this one looked really nice. Boy was I wrong. It is cheaply made, and after only using it to "Tip" each point of nail (I clip every 1-2 weeks) this product sprung, did not give a clean cut, stuck with the blade out each time the handle was squeezed and was the worst nail tool I have used in 65 years. A good tool should not be cheaply made like this one, and I wasted my money, because I purchased two of them just in case it was found to be flimsy. Big Disappointment in this product as a canine professional.
Got the job done.
Cut my dog's thick nails easily.Other ones I've purchased actually fell apart trying to do her nails.
Do not purchase the large trimmers
I got these for my large dog (75lbs) but couldn't finish the first nail trim. It took a lot of force for these to clip through each nail, which I believe means these aren't sharp enough and can cause the nail trims to be uncomfortable or painful for the dog. They also didn't create a clean cut, his nails were chipping up afterwards. It didn't make sense to continue. After trimming two paws, I noticed the clippers' edge was nicked (and looked like and older/dull knife) and I'm not sure if they came like that or if his nails caused them to chip after using them on his front paws? Either way I wouldn't recommend this product.
They don’t last
I managed to get two paws done before it felt more like crushing than cutting. Maybe they’d be okay for a toy or small breed but I have a medium size dog. I’ve never noticed his nails to be extra hard or unusual. Immediately I put the new clippers down and finished with my old ones. Glad I didn’t toss them out.
Best toenail clippers
I’ve used these clippers for years and sadly lost them in a move . Best dive toenail clippers and also I use the small Size on my Moluccan cockatoo.
Poor design. I would not waste my money on this. Even by adjusting the screws it still does not line up to cut clean.
Great nail cutters
This nail trimmer is what I started out with years ago. It gets the nails that have curled under. I really like this nail cutter.
HUNK OF JUNK
I had high hopes for this item and boy was I let down. It broke on my first session. The blade came off track causing the whole mechanism to jam. My dog is pretty good with nail trims but this was stressful for the both of us. I favor guillotine type clippers and have used them prior. I've had poorly made ones but none as bad as this.
Not great quality
These looked high quality from the photos, but they are far too small and not durable enough for my dogs’ nails. I wish I would have read other reviews first.
Not Very Good
This nail trimmer is not very good. It does not reach the nail of a small dog when trying to clip the nail. The hole is too far from the edge.