Scratch & Peck Feeds Naturally Free Organic Starter Chicken & Duck Feed, 25-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Complete raw and organic feed for starting poultry chicks and ducklings you can use out of the bag.
- Nutrient-packed formula includes omega-3 fatty acids, essential minerals, probiotics and vitamins.
- Made with nutrient-rich organic ingredients like whole grain wheat, peas, barley, sesame meal, kelp meal, flaxseeds and more.
- Zero corn, soy or GMO foods so there’s more nutrition pound for pound, and can be given dry or moistened.
- Grown and milled in the Pacific Northwest by a family-owned company that’s Animal Welfare Approved.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Healthy Harvest Non-GMO 17% Protein Layer Crumbles Poultry Feed, 40-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Kalmbach Feeds Organic 17% Layer Crumbles Chicken Feed, 35-lb bag$37.44Chewy Price$37.99List Price$35.57Autoship Price
- Lafeber Pellet-Berries Sunny Orchard Bird Food, 10-oz bag$9.99Chewy Price
- TOP's Parrot Food Organic All in One Seed Mix Bird Food, 5-lb bag$38.00Chewy Price$36.10Autoship Price
- ZuPreem NutBlend with Natural Nut Flavor Parrot & Conure Food, 17.5-lb bag$61.99Chewy Price$58.89Autoship Price
- TOP's Parrot Food Organic Mini Pellets Bird Food, 4-lb bag$29.60Chewy Price$28.12Autoship Price
- Hen Up Layer Mash Organic Chicken Food, 25-lb bag$24.99Chewy Price$42.99List Price$23.74Autoship Price
- C&S Mealworm Delight No Melt Suet Dough Wild Bird Food, 11.75-oz tray, 12 count$32.28Chewy Price$37.08List Price$30.67Autoship Price
- Bluebonnet Feeds Poultry & Game Crumble Bird Food, 50-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$32.99List Price$29.44Autoship Price
- Hudson Feeds Poultry Feeds Chick Starter-Grower Medicated Chicken Feed, 50-lb bag$35.38Chewy Price$33.61Autoship Price
- dealRoudybush Daily Maintenance Mini Bird Food, 44-oz bag$14.58Chewy Price$15.99List Price
- Brown's Tropical Carnival Gourmet Large Hookbill Food, 5-lb bag$35.49Chewy Price$47.39List Price$33.72Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Organic Wheat, Organic Peas, Organic Barley...||Organic Wheat, Organic Barley, Organic Peas...||Organic Wheat, Organic Barley, Organic Peas...||Organic Wheat, Organic Corn, Organic Peas...||Organic Corn, Organic Soybean Meal, Organic Wheat Middlings...|
|Bird Type||Chicken, Duck||Chicken, Duck, Poultry||Chicken, Duck, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Duck, Geese, Poultry|
|Food Form||Seed & Grain Blend||Seed & Grain Blend||Seed & Grain Blend||Feed||Crumble|
|Special Diet||Organic, Non-GMO, High-Protein||Organic, Non-GMO, High-Protein||Organic, Non-GMO, High-Protein||Organic, Non-GMO||High-Protein, Organic, Non-GMO|
|Health Feature||—||—||Vitamins & Minerals||High-Energy||Digestive Health, Immune Support|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
20 Customer Reviews
I love this feed. It’s the only one we like around here. Also love the quick free shipping! Always feel in good hands with chewy.
Great ingredients, too much dust
I like the ingredients of Scratch and Peck Organic Chick Starter Grower Feed, it's probably the best retail chicken feed you can find. What I don't like about it is how much dust is in each bag, as well as sticks and other debris. The seeds and their casings get over grinded, so about half the bag is dust, so this is not a good feed to give to your chicks dry, but it makes a good wet mash, which the chicks devour, causing almost no waste of food. So I recommend this food to feed as a wet mash, not as dry feed.
Ducklings did not eat
My ducklings did not like this food, and weren’t eating much. Switched to another food and they are now eating enough
I wanted to address the negative reviews about the product being a very fine grind as opposed to larger pieces. The smaller grind is safer for your chicks, until they reach an age where they can fully process seeds, I would say around 3 weeks or older. I have had one chick die and currently one that may be going through a VERY expensive surgery from an obstruction caused by large sized grain being in the chick starter and subsequently causing an obstruction. In my case it was peas and it was from another brand of chick starter, which did not screen out the larger pieces. If a piece of large seed such as a pea gets stuck, your chick will not be able to break it down, especially in the first few weeks of life. If Scratch and Peck is making the seed a finer grind, there is good reason for it! I hope they continue to do so, and screen out large pieces, as this product seems far superior to more fully processed ones. My chicks and chickens love it. The only reason I had tried another was the cost. If you are concerned about obstructions in your baby chicks, organic crumble is a good choice for the first two wks.
Little ones LOVE it!
My hatchlings gobbled it right up! (Other ‘crumbles’ seemed hard for them to swallow). Would definitely order it again!
good feed but overprocessed
My chickens love this feed, which I've just started to buy over the past month in spite of its cost. They consume it eagerly and I want a food for them that does NOT contain corn. The last bag that I got (a 40 lb bag) was over-milled or over-processed and it was ground too fine. The crumble was too "dusty". The oats and barley were not visible. I assume they were ground into tiny bits. My birds like to see a seed. I have notified the manufacturer about this and am awaiting their response.
Worth Every Penny
My chicks love this stuff!! I started them out on another brand from the farm store and it doesn’t even compare. This stuff has actual food in it, with real ingredients. My chicks run to me when they see the scoop! Will continue buying this.
Our baby chicks and ducklings love this food! It's definitely more expensive than what's available at our local feed supply, but the first two ingredients in the other stuff are soy and corn, so you get what you pay for. I had to grind up the feed in the blender at first because some of the pieces were a little too big for the chicks (we got them when they were 2 days old), but it wasn't too much trouble. They're three weeks old now and eating it up no problem.
"Picture" of the feed is not accurate
I bought this based on the photo of the feed and what i got was basically dust with a few small seeds in them. I'm attaching a photo. Everything that's not definable by looking at it? Dust.
Here Baby Chick Chick
My free range organic Chickies love this starter. They are growing and feathering out beautifully. After researching several organic foods Scratch and Peck was my choice and I couldn't be happier.