ThunderShirt Anxiety Vest for Cats, Heather Grey
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Patented design applies gentle, constant pressure to calm anxiety, fear, and over-excitement. This gentle hugging produces a dramatic calming effect.
- Calms your cat during fireworks, thunder, separation, travel, vet visits, grooming, and much more with no training and no medication.
- Comfortable and easy on/off. Made of durable, breathable, soft fabric that is washable.
- Recommended by trainers and veterinarians to relieve stress-related behaviors such as scratching, excessive meowing, and inappropriate marking.
- Proven effective in over 80% of cats.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealbSerene Pheromone & Catnip Oil Calming Spray for Cats, 2-oz$30.00Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- Comfort Zone Spray & Scratch Control Calming Spray for Cats, 4-oz$29.98Chewy Price$29.99List Price$28.48Autoship Price
- NaturVet Hemp Quiet Moments Liquid Calming Supplement for Cats, 1-oz bottle$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- HomeoPet Feline Anxiety Relief Cat Supplement, 450 drops$14.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Calm Paws Purr Calming Essential Oil for Cats, 1-oz bottle$15.68Chewy Price$19.99List Price$14.90Autoship Price
- Comfort Zone Calming Diffuser for Cats, 3 Diffusers, 6 Refills$64.99Chewy Price
- ThunderEase Calming Diffuser for Cats, 30 day$24.99Chewy Price$32.95List Price
- Comfort Zone On-The-Go Breakaway Calming Collar for Cats, 2 count$23.70Chewy Price$29.99List Price$22.51Autoship Price
- Feliway Classic Calming Spray for Cats, 60-mL$18.95Chewy Price$29.99List Price$18.00Autoship Price
- Sentry Good Behavior Calming Spray for Cats, 1.62-oz$18.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$18.04Autoship Price
- ThunderWunders Calming Cat Paw Gel, 3-oz bottle$17.99Chewy Price$19.95List Price$17.09Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Closure Type||Velcro||—||—||N/A, Slip On, Buckle||—|
|Top Ingredients||—||Analogue of Feline Facial Pheromone: 2%. Exipients to: 100g||Feline Pheromone Complex (FPhC) 2%, Isoparaffinic hydrocarbon 48 mL||Pheromone||Analogue of Feline Facial Pheromone: 2%. Excipients to: 100g|
Questions & Answers
20 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
195 Customer Reviews
Nice, but not quite for us
I bought this not to help my cat with anxiety relief, but to keep him off a surficial shoulder wound that has taken a long time to heal (acquired before he was in my care). The fabric is soft, the grey color is very handsome. Of the shirts we have tried on him this is by far the easiest to put him in... and it's also the easiest for him to escape. He is very strong and unfortunately intelligent, and I can see how a smaller or less thoughtful cat would stay put without issue. He maneuvers so he can bite and pull at the chest strap, or manages to get a front elbow into the opening for his legs (even when on quite snugly, as directed) and can wiggle his way out with just a little trouble. Ironically, despite his efforts to escape the vest he does seem to be overall calmer while wearing it. For its intended purpose it does seem to do the trick. I took a star off because the outer flap completely tore away. I have only had the shirt a couple weeks. I was able to sew it back on, but it wasn't very well anchored to the main part of the vest in the first place. I did have a little trouble getting the sizing correct. According to the size chart he was on the cusp between the medium and large, and I tried the medium first because it was on sale. It turned out to be waaaay too small, but Chewy was very helpful in getting me a refund and ordering us a large instead. The customer service team gets an A+.
Miracle in Gray
My cat was neutered last week and had a terrible, truly awful, response to the cone. I left him without the cone and found nothing worked to keep him from licking his surgical site. Enter the Thunder Shirt. I was so skeptical but was desperate. I also thought he wouldn't let me put it on him. He is not the sort of fellow who happily wears things. I waited till he was asleep and gently lifted him and put the Under Shirt on him. He was still able to move around, eat, play, etc. but he no longer bothered his surgical site. He also became much more cuddly and a little sleepy. I don't leave him alone in the Shirt and I don't leave it on him overnight but he now easily lets me put it on him and curls up somewhere for a nap. I'm so grateful!
anxiety, marking and aggression
This shirt has been such a stress relief for both me and my cat. He calms down about 20 minutes after I put it on him. No marking, no excessive meowing or aggression towards my other cats. He has stopped over grooming. His hair is growing back. I am very happy with this product and highly recommend it.
Give this a shot it works for my cat!
I adopted my neutered male cat from an animal shelter when he was 6 months old. Around 1 years old when the sun goes down usually after I feed him dinner he turns into a completely different cat. It almost like he is sundowning like what people with dementia act like. He meows A LOT, goes to every closed door in the house and rolls on them, sometimes hisses at my other cats in my house. My 3 cats look at him like he’s crazy! The most annoying thing is he tries to escape the house whenever we open the door outside at night to let our dogs potty. When we pick him up to hold him he would shed a lot. I would try putting on harnesses and sweaters which would work only one time. Idk what makes this thunder vest any different, but it works!
Excellent!! I don't understand the negative reviews.
When we travel with our camper, we take our cats. Of course, we drive with them in carriers in the truck. A couple of our cats travel fine, but we have 2 that don't like traveling much at all! We use these shirts on them and what a difference it has made! They are much more content on long drives and much easier in general. As for those complaining about their cats being afraid of the Velcro; prepare the vest in a different room. While our cats squirm when getting their shirts on, it's not like we haven't been able to put them on them. I'd highly recommend these shirts! We have 3 of them and don't regret them one bit!!!
Poor fit, sizing chart inaccurate
I ordered one for each of my cats - two don't fit based on the sizing chart, and the third, the cat hated it so much its of no use either. These are not contoured well to fit a cat, and as another reviewer noted, these are basically relabelled dog versions. Nothing cat specific about these and their size chat based on weight leaves much to be desired. If you are thinking of trying these, aim a size up from what you think *should* fit.
Not as described
What I received was not as described. There is no removable collar and in fact, it just looks like I’ve received a repacked dog’s thunder shirt. After comparing it with my dog’s thunder shirt to confirm, it’s clear they are the exact same. I wouldn’t waste your money on this one, especially not if you’re expecting the collar attachment like I was. It’s basically useless to me, I wish I had never wasted my hard earned money.
Comfort for luna
I purchased the thunder vest for my adopted cat. She is a very anxiety ridden cat. I’ve tried many ways to put the vest on her like feeding her treats on the vest, or putting her favorite toys on the vest so she gets comfortable with it. I still can’t put it on her. I’ll keep trying
Worth the purchase
One of my cats has anxiety and has started chewing patching into her fur/skin. She wouldn't eat calming chews so I figured this would be the next best thing. It worked to calm her down, but only while she's wearing it. **The sizing chart is not accurate. My cat was 8.5lbs and the small was WAY too small, had to order a medium and that fits perfectly.
Our 13lb boy slipped out of it immediately. He’s a silky short haired active boy and slipped right out instantly using his back feet. We’re hanging on to it though, because we think it may help one of our other kitties. We still need to find a calming solution for him.