Tuffy's Ocean Creatures Purple Pete Squeaky Plush Dog Toy
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Made with three layers of material that are bonded and sewn together to form a single, soft, durable surface.
- Nylon webbing is sewn around the edges for added strength—scores a 7 on Tuffy's own "Tuff Scale."
- 6 squeakers are sewn into individual pouches for added protection.
- Safe, non-toxic fiber stuffing gives Purple Pete his shape.
- He floats, so he’s perfect for a splash-tastic day at the beach or pool.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco Holiday Letter to Santa Flat Plush Squeaky Dog Toy$9.98Chewy Price
- DealTuffy's Pterodactyl Dino Squeaky Plush Dog Toy$36.91Chewy Price$36.99List Price
- DealFrisco Holiday Fur-Ever Plush Squeaky Bone Dog Toy$9.98Chewy Price
- DealNylabone FlexiChew Chicken Flavored Dog Chew Toy, X-Small$5.09Chewy Price
- DealTuffy's Destructosaurus Dino Squeaky Plush Dog Toy$80.49Chewy Price$100.49List Price
- DealTuffy's Ultimate Tug-O-War Squeaky Plush Dog Toy, Camo Blue$20.99Chewy Price
- DealTuffy's Ocean Creatures The "General" Starfish Squeaky Plush Dog Toy$17.99Chewy Price
- DealChuckit! Flying Squirrel Dog Toy, Color Varies, Small$10.40Chewy Price$12.99List Price
- DealSilly Squeakers Wine Bottles Squeaky Stuffing-Free Dog Toy$13.49Chewy Price
- DealJW Pet Bad Cuz Dog Toy, Color Varies, Small$3.95Chewy Price$4.99List Price
- DealNylabone Power Chew Bacon Flavored Action Ridges Dog Chew Toy, X-Large$21.99Chewy Price$32.19List Price
- DealNylabone Power Chew Original Flavored Durable Dog Chew Toy, Small$1.99Chewy Price$6.29List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Toy Feature||Squeaky, Teething, Training, Water Toy, Exercise||Squeaky, Teething, Training, Water Toy, Exercise||Squeaky, Teething, Training, Water Toy, Exercise||Squeaky, Teething, Training, Water Toy, Exercise||Squeaky, Teething, Training, Water Toy, Exercise|
|Material||Polyester, Fleece, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Fleece, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Fleece, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Fleece, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Fleece, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Toy Type||Chew Toys, Plush Toys||Chew Toys, Plush Toys||Chew Toys, Ropes & Tug Toys, Plush Toys||Chew Toys, Plush Toys||Chew Toys, Plush Toys|
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
43 Customer Reviews
4 minutes and there was already a huge hole..
i have been wanting to buy a tuffy toy for a long time. i finally bought one for my 1yr old staffy and within four minutes, he chewed a huge hole in the top of the head and pulled the squeaker out. this is definitely not worth the money.
Chewy to the rescue!
My decision to purchase this item was based on prior experiences with this particular brand of toy. Every one that I have previously purchased has lasted years (with the oldest being 10 years old). My 1 year old boxer fell in love with this octopus as soon as it was given to him, unfortunately, the little hang tag on it's head, was too much for him to resist and within 20 minutes, he had the whole head shredded. I called Chewy and they immediately sent me out another one. I promptly cut the hang tag from the top of the head, and we are good to go. Can't say enough about the amazing care and customer service that I always receive from this company!
This toy only lasted three days! If I would have seen the pictures from previous customers, I wouldn't of wasted my money.
What a disaapointment
I am so sorry, after having such high hopes, that this toy made it less than 24 hours with our great Pyrenees. Another very expensive lesson to learn.
Large, Purple Pete Tuffy octopus toy.
I love the toys from Tuffy company. They are usually indestructible, and my 1.5 yr old Portuguese Water Dog (male/55 lbs) is a big chewer. ( I’ve had the large, red Tuffy lobster toy for over a year now. No punctures. Looks brand new.) This (VERY) large, heavy, whimsical, purple octopus toy was a HUGE hit. Great for tug of war. And it throws across the lawn like a boomerang. AND—This and many Tuffy toys float! You could tell my dog felt very important carrying this heavy octopus toy around. He loved it so much he would drag it to his bed and fall asleep—his head on top of Purple Petes. I also like Tuffy toys because they do not have a lot of stuffing inside, nor too many squeakers! Just the right amount. Giving this Tuffy toy only a 4-star rating this time, because after only 1 week, the top part/material on the head came apart. I think it was because there was a pickable, tiny black loop at the very top that fell off and then loosened the material on the top of the head. I was so disappointed that this happened, as this toy was one of the more expensive ones from Tuffy. Chewy, can I return for a replacement? I hope you will make right by me because I am such a big buyer of your products and the Tuffy toys you sell. I bought 3 other Tuffy toys within this last month as well—which were 2 of the long, orange and white eels, (also a huge hit), and the matching orange and white fish. The orange eel/orange fish toys were bought as a toy team theme/new puppy/welcome home gift for a cousin. Chewy can you send me a new one? Review-watchers/buyers, tune in next week to see what happens with a Chewy exchange/return.
Purple Pete is a hit
We got this for our dogs bday. He loves Tuffy’s and even though he eventually destroys them all, they last long enough and he has a great time with them. Gary gator lasts the longest, Pete is now 2 weeks in. So far his head is de-stuffed but our dog loves carrying him around and should soon start going for the legs.
My 7 month old 40 pound puppy made quick work of Purple Pete. In less than an hour he gave Pete brain surgery. Despite Pete's squishy head, his arms seem stitched well and durable. I would not recommend this toy if you're looking for something "indestructible".
We have yet to find a toy that will make it longer than 24 hours in this house. This one was on the more expensive side of what I like to usually spend (because of the limited life span of toys here) but I thought by the reviews and the name this might be worth the money. She chewed through the arm in a matter of hours. The body held up but the legs were no match for our super chewer. I think for none obsessive chewers this would be great and she did love it while it lasted. Pic of the culprit Without the toy because we didn’t make it long enough to get a picture with the toy.
This product was a waste of money in less than an hour there was a huge hole in the top of the head. Very expensive for a product that is not built to last.
Giant 5 Legged Octopus for 65 lb 11 month old Pup
Our almost 1 year old Staffy mix loves her giant 5 legged octopus! It’s as big as her torso and has already lasted 10 days (9 days longer than most of her stuffed toys). It’s great for playing with her doggo friend as well.