VICTOR Purpose Active Dog & Puppy Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Sourced and Made in the USA. Composed of 77% meat protein with premium-quality beef, fish and pork meals.
- Ideal for growing puppies, pregnant and lactating females, and dogs with high physical demands.
- Grain-free recipe for pups with allergies or sensitivity to grain.
- Fortified with vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, protein and amino acids.
- Unique VPRO Blend promotes superior digestibility and immune system function.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Puppy Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$38.49Chewy Price$36.57Autoship Price
- VICTOR Classic Hi-Pro Plus Formula Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$13.99Chewy Price$14.99List Price$13.29Autoship Price
- American Journey Puppy Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$38.49Chewy Price$36.57Autoship Price
- VICTOR Purpose Nutra Pro Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- VICTOR Purpose Hero Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$62.99List Price$56.99Autoship Price
- VICTOR Select Ocean Fish Formula Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- VICTOR Classic High Energy Formula Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$52.99Chewy Price$55.99List Price$50.34Autoship Price
- VICTOR Classic Elite Canine Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$61.99Chewy Price$64.99List Price$58.89Autoship Price
- VICTOR Purpose Performance Formula Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$60.99Chewy Price$57.94Autoship Price
- VICTOR Select Yukon River Canine Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 15-lb bag$38.99Chewy Price$37.04Autoship Price
- Kinetic Performance Puppy 28K Formula Dry Dog Food, 35-lb bag$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- VICTOR Classic Professional Formula Dry Dog Food, 50-lb bag$67.99Chewy Price$64.59Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Beef Meal, Peas, Sweet Potato...||Salmon, Potatoes, Peas...||Chicken Meal, Grain Sorghum, Peas...||Menhaden Fish Meal (source of DHA-Docosahexaenoic Acid), Grain Sorghum, Peas...||Beef Meal, Grain Sorghum, Whole Grain Brown Rice...|
|Special Diet||Gluten Free, Sensitive Digestion, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Natural||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Gluten Free, With Grain||Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||Gluten Free, Sensitive Digestion, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...|
|Health Feature||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Muscle Care, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health...||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Beef, Meat||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Lamb, Poultry, Meat||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Beef, Meat|
Questions & Answers
38 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
410 Customer Reviews
Finally a food that works
The breeder originally recommended this brand. Being a first time pet parent, I of course did not listen lol. I have tried several puppy foods now (and one adult food... first time pet parent mistake #2). My puppy would eat certain ones a few times, then just starve herself a day or two until she was so hungry she had to eat more. Obviously not good for something growing so fast. This forced me to use wet food, but that was not a habit I wanted to deal with for a decade. Low & behold, this food finally worked. She eats it plain, the entire recommended feeding too. I do add salmon oil as a supplement too. I dislike that it has chicken in it, since she has sensitivities to it. But at this point, just having her eat a normal diet is way more important to her health than avoiding a certain ingredient. I will deal with that once her growth levels off. I recommend this brand for picky eaters.
Pup did NOT like this brand
Well, I did a ton of research on the best dog foods, as I have a [large silver lab] dog with food sensitivies, gut issues, and skin issues. The ingredients seemed good, so I ordered a bag of this and transitioned my pup into it. He did NOT like it and would absolutely not eat it. This is unfortunate, as it took a LONG TIME for the bag to be gone - and it was expensive. When we transitioned him to American Journey, Pup would eat the AJ food and leave the Victor. Not sure if he's a picky thing or if this was just gnarly-tasting.
2 dogs down
This is the second time I've tried this food. I wanted to like this brand. I've only heard good things from breeders, The first dog last year wouldn't touch it and this Second dog hasn't stopped having horrible runny stool. Our vet has recommended sensitive food for this Newest dog.
Perfect dog food
My dog Kevin is a 7 lb yorkie/bichon puppy. He gobbled this up. His fur has started looking very glossy and his energy level has gone up since starting this food
I took in a rescue March 9th. Turns out she was pregnant. May 3rd, she had 6 beautiful, healthy puppies. I put her on Victor Food when she came here to live with me and I truly believe this food gave her such healthy, strong puppies. I switched her to the Active Dog & Puppy type and she looks so healthy. I can not say enough good things about what this food has done for my precious girl and her babies. At 2 weeks old, their coat is already full and slick! These are small breed dogs. My daughter raises Plott hounds and told me about this food! AMAZING!
Dry dog food
My greyhound has GI issues with grains and chicken/turkey. This brand Victor is grain free and he loves it. Healthy, shiny coat and no GI upset.
Victor grain free dry dog food for dogs and puppies
Our puppy somewhat enjoys this brand of puppy food. She is a bit picky but will go back and finish it within 20-25 minutes. We purchased this brand because it's made in the USA and is made with real meat.
New food for our puppy
Our breeder highly recommended Victor for our new puppy and our older dog as well. They seem to like it!
As far as I know, Victor dog and puppy foods have never been on a recall list!! The fact that it stays on Dog Food Advisor's list of best foods for dogs and puppies, plus the fact that it's made right here in Texas, makes it a keeper. And all my dogs love it.
Long lead time
Food appears to be accepted by my 2 Springers . However, it took over a week for the delivery. With summertime approaching probably will not order from Chewy to avoid the long exposure to Heat