Vitakraft Vita Smart Complete Nutrition Premium Fortified Blend with Added Vitamins Hamster Food, 2-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Crafted with a curated blend of alfalfa hay hamster pellets, fruits, veggies, and 7 nutrient-rich ancient grains.
- Fortified with added antioxidants, omega-3, and vitamins A, E, and D3 to support a strong immune system.
- The natural variety of veggies and grains encourages instinctive foraging, so your hamster can feel right at home.
- Made without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
- Produced in small batches for optimal freshness, and packaged in a resealable bag to keep the food tasty and fresh.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealOxbow Garden Select Young Rabbit Food, 4-lb bag$11.29Chewy Price$12.49List Price$10.73Autoship Price
- Oxbow Animal Health Oxbow Hay Blends Western Timothy & Orchard, 20-oz.$5.59Chewy Price$6.99List Price$5.31Autoship Price
- Oxbow Oat Hay Small Animal Food, 15-oz bag, bundle of 3$14.79Chewy Price$15.57List Price$14.05Autoship Price
- DealTiny Friends Farm Hazel Hamster Food, 2-lb bag$6.56Chewy Price$8.99List Price$6.23Autoship Price
- DealExotic Nutrition Hedgehog Complete Hedgehog Food, 5-lb bag$34.95Chewy Price$33.20Autoship Price
- Carefresh Premium Western Timothy Hay, 96-oz bag$18.74Chewy Price$23.99List Price$17.80Autoship Price
- DealBrown's Tropical Carnival Gourmet Mouse & Rat Food, 2-lb bag$9.99Chewy Price$12.69List Price$9.49Autoship Price
- Exotic Nutrition Instant-HPW Honey & Fruit Sugar Glider Food, 1-lb bag$18.99Chewy Price$23.95List Price$18.04Autoship Price
- SunCoast Sugar Gliders Wholesome Balance Honey/Yogurt Flavored Sugar Glider Food, 1.75-lb bag$23.22Chewy Price$22.06Autoship Price
- Evanger's Turkey Wet Ferret Food, 6-oz can, case of 12$25.99Chewy Price$24.69Autoship Price
- Pet-Pro Happy Glider Sugar Glider Food Honey 'N Marshmallow, 3.5-lb bag$44.10Chewy Price$41.89Autoship Price
- eCOTRITION Essential Blend Guinea Pig Food, 5-lb bag$9.40Chewy Price$12.49List Price$8.93Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Wheat, Sorghum...||Milo, Wheat, Wheat Middlings...||Oats, Wheat, Heat-Processed Barley...||Ground Wheat, Toasted Wheat, Flaked Peas...||Cereals, Vegetables, Derivatives Of Vegetable Origin...|
|Food Form||Dried Veggies, Mix||Grains, Dried Veggies, Dried Fruits, Seeds, Mix||Dry Food||Nuts, Dried Veggies, Seeds, Mix||Pellets|
|Health Feature||Immune Support, Vitamins & Minerals, Skin & Coat Health||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||—||Vitamins & Minerals||—|
|Small Pet Type||Hamster||Hamster||Hamster||Hamster||Hamster|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
27 Customer Reviews
Good Variety and Protein Content
I like this mix because it has a lot of variety and a higher protein content than a lot of the other hamster food mixes. For my older dwarf hamster, I pick out the fattier and sweeter pieces to give as treats and use this mix for a portion of his daily food mix along with Oxbow pellets and supplementary fresh fruits and vegetables. While no mix is perfect on its own, I find keep coming back to this one as a good choice and one my hamster enjoys as well.
Not a bad choice of seed mix
Unfortunately in the US, we don't have a lot of super great options for hamster food. Some are way better than others, but we don't have anything that is "perfect". There's definitely some flaws to this food, such as being pellet heavy and the first ingredient being alfalfa, but overall it's nowhere near bad and its protein/fat/fiber is all good. Of course like with all seed mixes, you need something like a lab block or animal protein to boost its protein content, but 15% is still pretty high for a seed mix. 4% fat is on the low side, but I personally think that's a good thing for commercial food since you can boost the fat with likely healthier choices than what would come in the food, such as seeds or fish that contain good oils. I imagine this food may be a good option for someone with a diabetic hamster vs some other popular seed mixes since it is pretty high in fiber and has only a very small amount of fruit in the ingredients.
BobBon my daughters hamster
BonBon would not eat the pellets that we purchased for her when we bought her but now that she has the VitaSmart mix she is very happy and is eating much better. Thank you.
The best food
My hampster live this food i have tried others food after we have had this brand many of time but my hampsters always want me to go back to this brand!! Here hair is vary silky and the have so much energy at night!! I will never by anything else!!!
My hamster Maude really likes this new seed mix I purchased. I'm very happy she enjoys it. This food is ranked as a healthier Hamster food than other store brands. I'm happy Chewy carries it.
Hamster’s favorite food
Looks like a well balanced diet—even smells good to us human folks! Our Syrian short hairs love it and gobble it up every day.
New Packaging = Change in Product
Mixed with other hamster foods, this food helped to make a balanced hamster diet however the product was recently changed to include more alfalfa meal. Hamster do not eat alfalfa nor do they need it, its just a cheap filler.
Hamster seemed to Enjoy it
My hamster, Jack, enjoyed this food. He was very old (almost 4) when I started him on this food and he seemed more excited to come out and pick out his favorite pieces compared to the food I was feeding him before. I now have a new hamster and I'm feeding him this food as well. Like Jack before, he seems to be enjoying it. He forages first for all of his favorite pieces but still eats all of it, even the pellets. I am pleased with this food and will likely stick with this brand for my current hamster and any of my future ones.
Hammibal hates it.
Hammibal is getting older & I was really hoping to up his vitamin intake. He's been chirping, refusing to eat, not sleeping soundly or playing as much...I had no idea food could be so drastically different it would upset him this much. Chewy has always been very good to us, so no hard feelings. Just feel awful that I didn't know.
Great seed mix when mixed with lab blocks
Love the variety and ingredients in this food. The protein is a little low at 13% though so we supplement with lab blocks to boost nutrition. Perfect combo!