Wisdom Panel Essential Breed Identification DNA Test for Dogs
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Find out which breeds are represented in your dog’s genes and trace her ancestry back to her great-grandparents through comparison to a dog DNA database built from samples of over 1.7 million other dogs.
- Learn about potential medical complications and adverse reactions to medications with over 25 medical complication tests, including the MDR1 medication sensitivity test, which only Wisdom Panel is licensed to provide.
- Discover her ideal weight range based on her DNA so you can help her maintain a healthy weight.
- See what physical traits she’s likely to possess in adulthood and why—all due to her genetic makeup.
- Testing is easy and fast using a simple swab of the insides of her cheeks, and results typically arrive in as few as 3 weeks.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealEmbark Breed Identification DNA Test for Dogs$99.00Chewy Price$129.00List Price
- Wisdom Panel Breed Discovery Breed Identification DNA Test for Dogs$79.99Chewy Price
- DealEmbark Breed Identification & Health Condition Identification DNA Test for Dogs$139.00Chewy Price$199.00List Price
- DealWisdom Panel Premium Breed Identification & Health Condition Identification DNA Test For Dogs$119.99Chewy Price$159.99List Price
- HomeoPet WRM Clear Dewormer for Hookworms, Roundworms, Tapeworms & Whipworms for Birds, Cats, Dogs & Small Pets, 450 drops$14.99Chewy Price$17.49List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Safe-Guard Dewormer for Hookworms, Roundworms, Tapeworms & Whipworms for Large Breed Dogs, 3 day treatment$12.57Chewy Price$18.49List Price$11.94Autoship Price
- Vet's Best Shed+Itch Healthy Coat Chewable Tablets Skin & Coat Supplement for Dogs, 50 count$8.29Chewy Price$11.49List Price$7.88Autoship Price
- Safe-Guard Dewormer for Hookworms, Roundworms, Tapeworms & Whipworms for Medium Breed Dogs, 3 day treatment$8.49Chewy Price$10.99List Price$8.07Autoship Price
- PetArmor 7 Way Dewormer for Hookworms, Roundworms & Tapeworms for Medium & Large Breed Dogs, 2 count$15.12Chewy Price$21.99List Price$14.36Autoship Price
- Safe-Guard Dewormer for Hookworms, Roundworms, Tapeworms & Whipworms for Small Breed Dogs, 3 day treatment$5.99Chewy Price$6.25List Price$5.69Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||—||—||—|
|Health Feature||—||—||—||First Aid||—|
Questions & Answers
34 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
696 Customer Reviews
Great gift idea and amazing accurate results!
I bought one of these for my husband years ago, for one of our dogs we adopted, as a Christmas gift. Needless to say he absolutely loved it. We got a diagram of several generations and what breeds were involved and a pie chart of percentages of what breeds are in him. It was super interesting! They also gave us info on what diseases and conditions to be on the look out for and that he was negative for a common one for his hodgepodge of breeds. I cannot recommend this enough! An awesome gift for the rescue dog owner in your life.
This panel was completely inaccurate for my new puppy. She was referenced as pit bull, lab, hound. She is really Parson terrier. She is small, has the terrier spots, short hair and patch of Brown hair over eye. I did a wisdom premium panel on my black lab and it was spot on. If you are going to do the dna panel. I wouldn't choose this one but pay the extra money for the Premium panel
Ongoing debate resolved
My son adopted the smartest, funniest little pooch seven years ago and the whole family, from the start, pondered his heritage. Now we know! Wisdom was reasonably priced, so easy to register the boy and swab for the test. The results came in fairly quickly and we also were given insights into each of the 12 breeds detected. Best mutt ever!!
I LOVE Wisdom Panel. I've used it for both of my boys and I feel the results are incredibly accurate and make sense. I got results a little quicker than expected too so it was a nice surprise each time :) Neither boys were excited about the swab but they got rewarded for it after. I wish saliva would be sufficient enough but it's worth it.
Not even close
My dog has the body shape and fur characteristics of a golden retriever and the coloring of a tri-color Aussie Shepherd or a Bernese Mountain dog - mostly black with brown and white highlights. Her fur is long with a fuzzy undercoat. She loves the water and is a great swimmer. Her breed results from this test showed: 41% American Pit Bull Terrier; 11% American Staffordshire Terrier; 8% Bulldog; 7% American Bulldog; 2% Boxer; 15% Chow Chow; 3% Siberian Husky; 3% German Shepherd Dog; 3% Australian Cattle Dog; 2% Collie; 2% Chihuahua; 2% Catahoula Leopard Dog; 1% Poodle (Toy and Miniature). Makes NO sense.
Wisdom panel does not have the database to be able to analyze dna the same way embark does. When they “think” your animal is a 100% they say it “appears” to be 100%. Where as embark says your animal is 100%. This shows they are still unsure, therefore unreliable.
Provides A Wealth of Information About Your Dog!!
This Wisdom Panel DNA test provided so much information about my dog. It helped me understand him so much better. He turned out to be a mix of 17 breeds! The results are so thorough, breaking the different breeds down to levels as low as 1%! My pup is a rescue that was thought to be Jack Russell/Border collie. Turned out he's 22% miniature poodle, 19% chihuahua 13% pug, 10% Yorkie 6% Cocker spaniel Wow! This certainly explains some of his traits. It is simple to perform the test. It comes with 2 brush swabs that you rub between your dog's cheek and gums. These are put back into the pre paid box and mailed. My results were back in just under 2 weeks. The Wisdom panel also includes in depth information on each of the specific breeds that your dog is made up of. Many of my dog's breeds are made up of companion breeds that do not like to be left alone. That explains his velcro dog behavior and separation anxiety! I was also relieved to know that he had no genetic health issues. The results also included information on 15 of my dog's distant relatives. The traits said that he was likely to have a curly white spotted coat with floppy ears, which was all true. This test was so much fun! We had a reveal gathering with our family. I now know why my dog has wild wiry hair, a curly tail, turned out front paws, and a black and white spotted coat. If you are curious about your dog's breed mix, I highly recommend this test. I was very satisfied with my experience with Wisdom panel. Now all of my friends are ordering these for their own dogs!
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY
Extremely disappointed. My dogs mother is Miniature Schnauzer and her father is a pure MUTT. I bought this test to see what other breeds she might have from her fathers side. Her results just came back as 100% miniature schnauzer. No. No she is not. She is 50% Schnauzer. I am so upset that I just wasted so much money on this.
Adopted a 3 yr old welsh corgi mix. Also looks like some beagle. Short legs and pointier snout. Results came back as mostly cocker spaniel and American staffordshire terrier and Australian cattle dog. This dog looks nothing like a cocker spaniel or staffie. I do not believe the results.
Our rescue’s mom was a pure bred border collie who was surrendered because a non-purebred impregnated her by accident (rude). We did this test to figure out what his dad was. The test didn’t even show 1% border collie. Jealous of the five-star experiences. Maybe ours was just a dud. But no, I wouldn’t recommend.