BM Hay Company Orchard Hay Small Pet Food, 8-lb box
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- All-natural, sun-cured orchard grass.
- 100% free from added preservatives.
- Contains little charr and dust.
- Ships in a convenient box.
- Packaged and grown in the USA.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Viking Farmer Alfalfa Hay for Rabbits & Small Pets, 10 lbs$32.99Chewy Price$34.99List Price$31.34Autoship Price
- Hall's Hay Orchard Grass Hay Mini-Bale Small Pet Food, 5-lb box$16.39Chewy Price$15.57Autoship Price
- Viking Farmer 1st Cut Timothy Hay for Rabbits & Small Pets, 5-lb$21.99Chewy Price$24.99List Price$20.89Autoship Price
- Sweet Meadow Farm Timothy Hay Organic Small Pet Food, 20-oz bag$6.09Chewy Price$5.79Autoship Price
- Sweet Meadow Farm Timothy Pellets Adult Rabbit Food, 8-lb bag$11.26Chewy Price$11.59List Price$10.70Autoship Price
- Sweet Meadow Farm Alfalfa Hay Small Pet Food, 24-oz bag$5.72Chewy Price$5.79List Price$5.43Autoship Price
- Small Pet Select Orchard Grass Hay Small Animal Food, 10-lb box$32.58Chewy Price$34.99List Price$30.95Autoship Price
- Sweet Meadow Farm Herbs & Timothy Hay Organic Small Pet Food, 20-oz bag$6.19Chewy Price$6.29List Price$5.88Autoship Price
- Sherwood Pet Health Timothy Pellet Adult Rabbit Food, 10-lb bag$34.99Chewy Price
- dealMazuri Hedgehog Food, 8-oz bag$9.59Chewy Price$11.99List Price$9.11Autoship Price
- Eaton Pet & Pasture Premium First Cut Blend Timothy Hay Small Animal Food, 6-lb box$18.00Chewy Price$25.00List Price$17.10Autoship Price
- White Mill PURE Hamster Food, 1.7-lb bag$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Hay.||Alfalfa Hay.||Orchard Grass Hay.||Blue Grass Field Blend, Orchard Grass, Timothy Hay||Sun Cured Timothy Hay, Soybean Hulls, Dried Alfalfa Meal...|
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Mouse||Rabbit, Guinea Pig||Rabbit||Rabbit|
|Hay Type||Orchard Grass||Alfalfa||Orchard Grass||Timothy, Orchard Grass||—|
|Special Diet||—||—||Starch Free||—||—|
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
22 Customer Reviews
We normally order small pet select but they have been hard to find on chewy. Thought we'd try this out. Great box, decent price, and not too much dust. Will update if it quality looks worse as we get through the box but so far no complaints. Good substitute. Might try Timothy next (I know orchard isn't usually dusty so it was a safer variety to branch out with)
Best Decision I’ve Made
So, I’ve been contemplating on buying from Chewy because I wanted to begin buying more bulk items for my buns. I finally broke down and don’t regret it! These hay boxes and nicely filled and are definitely going to last me some time. I bought three, so let’s hope they last me through the summer.
Too many stick!
I have had 3 boxes of this hay. At first I really liked this hay! The first box had long strands of hay and very little dust. The second box was a bit more crumbly and had a couple sticks, but nothing too bad. My third box has so many sticks and branches in it, and it's very dusty and crumbly. I really don't know if I should order more of this hay, especially since it's sold by weight. Hopefully this was just an outlier, but it is pretty annoying.
My guinea pigs were raised on Oxbow, but the quality was so bad I wanted to try this alternative. The stands are super long which is great, but a much lighter green and VERY dry so I had to mix other hays (Oxbow orchard and meadow hay) to get them interested. After a couple weeks, they seem to enjoy it straight. The suitcase box is just a gimmick and very messy, but it does last a loooong time and can be reused when empty (and better than plastic). Not sure if I'll buy another.
Very brown and has hard clumps of dirt & rocks
The hay is brown colored, and when I pick some up out of box lots of hard clumps of dirt an rocks fall out. I contacted Chewy but have not got a response back. I can not feed it to my animals. I have never received hay like this. My 1st an last time trying this company.
High quality hay
This hay is fresh and green. The strands are long. There is little dust. The box is packed tight, yet there is minimal crumbling of the hay which is a testament to the hay not being over dried. The box is not designed to be used as a feeding trough. It does have a handle for carrying like a suitcase. Because the hay is packed really tight and the strands are long, there will be some spillage when you extract hay from the box.
Better than the Timothy
It's better than the timothy hay I recieved but it's still yellow and dry. I mix it in with my girls' timothy hay. They would normally eat the orchard first but it's the opposite with this particular hay. I wouldn't buy it again.
Too dry my pet did not like it
I tried feeding this hay to my Guinea pig but it did not like it. We used other hays and have not had any issues. Hay looks good but who knows what's wrong.
So incredibly messy
This box of hay has it's pros and cons. Pros: It's easy to carry to different places as there is a handle on the top of the box. The hay is also great quality. My fuzzy bunny love it. Cons: Because of the way it opens, it makes a HUGE mess when it's still pretty full. I purchased this hay because the hay I have set to auto ship was not in stock.
Very fresh and green hay! Our guinea pigs didn't eat it so much, but they love burrowing in it! As other reviewers said, we didn't appreciate the box because it was cumbersome to take out the hay daily, made a mess.