Budesonide Compounded Capsule for Dogs & Cats
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
Budesonide is a glucocorticoid that may be prescribed for inflammatory intestinal conditions. Budesonide Compounded capsule is a blue and white elongated capsule made specifically for your pet. Please note your capsules may be either blue and opaque-white or blue and clear. There has been no change to the medication's formulation, this only impacts the capsule's appearance.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Budesonide Compounded Oral Liquid Beef Flavored for Dogs & Cats, 5-mg/mL, 30 mL$44.64Chewy Price$42.41Autoship Price
- Budesonide Compounded Chew Chicken Flavored for Dogs & Cats, 1-mg, 15 Chews$24.75Chewy Price$23.51Autoship Price
- DILT-XR (Diltiazem Hydrochloride) Extended-Release Capsules, 240-mg, 1 capsule$0.89Chewy Price$0.85Autoship Price
- Rilexine (Cephalexin) Chewable Tablets for Dogs, 300-mg, 1 tablet$0.79Chewy Price$0.75Autoship Price
- Fluconazole (Generic) Tablets, 100-mg, 1 tablet$1.02Chewy Price$0.97Autoship Price
- Fluconazole Compounded Capsule for Dogs & Cats, 450-mg, 1 Capsule$0.96Chewy Price$0.91Autoship Price
- Primor Tablets for Dogs, 240-mg, 1 tablet$0.80Chewy Price$0.76Autoship Price
- Fludrocortisone Acetate Compounded Capsule for Dogs & Cats, 0.4-mg, 1 Capsule$0.69Chewy Price$0.66Autoship Price
ReviewsWrite a Review
16 Customer Reviews
Pills are too big for a cat
This medication works well for my cat's IBD when purchased at a compounding pharmacy nearby that puts it in a small, round pill form designed for pets. But Chewy's pharmacy put the medication in an oblong capsule, which my cat finds too big and awkward to swallow. It gets stuck on the very back of his tongue and then he just spits it out. It's not like he enjoys the round pill, but it was never a logistical nightmare to get him to swallow it. The oblong one was and I gave up after a few days.
Budesonide helps my cats IBD
I give my cat 2 mg of Budesonide to prevent vomiting from IBD. Chewy is my source and it is quite inexpensive and comes quickly and reliably.
I'm not sure about this drug
Unfortunately if you dog is on this medication things are not good. I think it's working. The vomiting has stopped, but his appetite isn't always great. It is better than pred. He doesn't drink massive amounts of water and does not urinate more than normal. And it is a targeted drug in that it is only working on the GI tact and not the whole body. Those are the positives. Another positive is that Chewy is selling it for way less that the local pharmacies. I just wish he didn't need it at all, but it will be a life long medication for him.
Our veterinarian prescribed this for our dog. I was able to find the best price at Chewy and got it within a few days.
For the same medication, an animal pharmacy was going to charge 5x the price.
I've been using this product for my cat with IBD for almost a year. He previously was on prednisolone but had some issues with long term side effects. This has been a great product that controls his symptoms. Highly recommend.
My 13 1/2 year old cat was diagnosed with IBD and an allergy to fish at the same time. She was started on Prednisone and diet change to chicken or beef. At first the Prednisone was doing its job, but over time I worried about the side effects. Then I heard about how Budesonide is better without all the bad side effects that Prednisone has. It has been about 4 1/2 months since the diet change and taking Budesonide. She is a changed kitty! She has gained about 2 1/2 pounds and now weighs about 7 pounds. She looks and feels better. Before she used to just sit sternally almost guarding her stomach. Now she runs and plays and has energy through the roof. This new medication is a life changer for my kitty cat. Thanks Chewy for offering this medicine in capsule form. It makes it so easy to pill her!
This medication has made a world of difference for my Bassett Hound! My only concern is that the price doubled from the original prescription to the refill.
Pharmacy is excellent
I am delighted with the service from Chewy Pharmacy in preparing my cat’s compounded IBD medication. It’s difficult to find a local compounding pharmacy, but Chewy was not only able to prepare the medication quickly but also delivered it to me quickly.
I'm so grateful that Chewy now can make a compounded version of Budesonide. I've been getting this locally at more than double the cost, and with a dog that takes a few medications, this really adds up.