Catalyst Pet Unscented Formula Cat Litter
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Lightweight litter crafted with natural and sustainable upcycled softwood litter.
- The purr-fect alternative to clay litter—a little goes a long way.
- Delivers long-lasting odor control and is unscented for sensitive noses.
- Ultra-absorbent with quick clumping action for easy scooping.
- Dust-free formula helps keep surfaces clean and allows you and your kitty breathe easy.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Unscented Clumping Corn & Wheat Cat Litter, 20-lb bag$20.63Chewy Price$19.60Autoship Price
- Catalyst Pet Healthy Formula Cat Litter, 20-lb bag$23.99Chewy Price$22.79Autoship Price
- Frisco Multi-Cat Fresh Scented Clumping Clay Cat Litter, 40-lb bag$16.05Chewy Price$15.25Autoship Price
- Catalyst Pet Multi-Cat Formula Cat Litter, 10-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Natural Paw Tofu Cat Litter Refill Bag, 4.5-lb bag, Lavender$15.99Chewy Price$22.49List Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Noba Premium Cat Litter Scoop, Ultra Violet$4.99Chewy Price
- Dr. Bales One Source Clumping Cat Litter, 8.8-lb bag$18.99Chewy Price$18.04Autoship Price
- Boxiecat Air Lightweight Extra Strength Unscented Clumping Cat Litter, 6.5-lb bag$20.05Chewy Price$20.99List Price$19.05Autoship Price
- Boxiecat Lightweight Air Fresh & Clean Scented Clumping Cat Litter, 6.5-lb bag$20.49Chewy Price$19.47Autoship Price
- Rufus & Coco Wee Kitty Unscented Clumping Corn Cat Litter, 8.8-lb bag$23.99Chewy Price$22.79Autoship Price
- Almo Nature Unscented Clumping Grass Plant-Based Cat Litter, 5-lb bag$12.49Chewy Price$19.99List Price$11.87Autoship Price
- Boxiecat Air Lightweight Unscented Premium Clumping Cat Litter, 11.5-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Softwood, Natural Clumping Agents, Natural Oil||Softwood, Zeolite, Natural Clumping Agents, Natural Oil, Pine Scent||Softwood, Zeolite, Natural Clumping Agents, Natural Oil, Pine Scent||N/A||100% Pure Pine|
|Litter Feature||Unscented, Odor Control, Clumping, Natural, Eco-Friendly||Multi-Cat, Odor Control, Clumping, Natural, Eco-Friendly||Clumping, Odor Control, Natural, Eco-Friendly||Odor Control, Non-Clumping, Unscented...||Non-Clumping, Dust Free, Unscented|
|Litter & Bedding Type||Pine||Pine||Pine||N/A||N/A|
Questions & Answers
1 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
19 Customer Reviews
This litter is environmentally safe, it is not heavy to carry, my cat is happy with it, no lingering order , What else could be better ?
Works for us
We have a senior cat who really started to dislike the larger harder pellet litter we’ve always used. Switching to this and shorter boxes has helped him a ton. Yes it can get messy sometimes and go over the edge but I’d rather sweep it than the pellets, besides stepping on a pellet can sometimes be as bad as a lego. And let’s be honest, no litter cover stinky cat poop if said cat doesn’t think it’s his job to cover it, there’s an animal that uses the bathroom in your house( in addition to you)sometimes it smells But I prefer this unscented litter to any other scented type. Including this same brands scented
Great product light weight controls the odor and I feel better supporting this product
Meh, not the best
I’ve been using natural clay alternative litters for a very long time. Got this bag because we were traveling and size, weight and touted virtues sounded like a great fit. The smell is off putting which is further exacerbated by small spaces. It is rather dusty leaving my little black panther rather white alone the edges after a litter box break. We definitely need more than recommended amount on the bag. It does loosely clump, but not enough to actually remove the clumps. And even with a very large litter trapping mat it seems to just get everywhere. It is so light it just seems to float about. Happily returning to our preferred litter after our travels and will look into anything else for future trips.
I wanted to switch to a more eco-conscious litter option for our 2 shelter cats (now 3). I tried other wood-based litter in the past, but my girls would have NOTHING to do with the hard pellets. Catalyst is more like a soft sawdust. Within 2 pan changes, my girls were both happy to use a pan of 95% catalyst (with a half-cup of clay litter on top haha). There is noticeably less tracking, less smell (my cats refused to use perfumed litter which was good - I hate the chemical smell of that stuff too haha! Catalyst has a pleasant woody smell the first couple of days, then becomes odorless), the litter lasts longer and weighs less. One of these bigger bags will do 4+ litter pans easily. The only thing that's a bit weird is when cleaning out the pans - the fine trace of dust left inside turns to a weird paste consistency, so be prepared with a rag and a second bucket of hot water to rinse! I am very happy with this product overall and love that 2 bags of this + one bag of treats = free shipping LOL!!!
Love this stuff. I use unscented and it has a very light woody smell. It clumps. It tracks very little. It is sustainable.
Good litter, when mixed
I've been trying different non-clay litters after my source for chick feed (the poor woman's World's Best) became unreliable. i used Swheat Scoop for a few months but decided to shop around for something with better clumping and odor control. Tried grass/grass seed, corn/wheat, pine cobble, then wood. i wasn't impressed with Okocat and gave Catalyst a try. Their regular litter's scent was so strong it made me feel sick and I let it air out until the strong pine scent finally dissipated before using it in the boxes. i was pleased with the odor control but the clumping wasn't as strong as I liked. The next bag of Catalyst I bought was the unscented version, which still has a scent but is tolerable; unfortunately the clumping was no better. So now I've more or less settled on a blend of unscented Catalyst with Frisco unscented clay. The odor control is outstanding and the clumping is stronger. Mixing an organic litter with the clay litter also means I avoid the wet sludge and hardened cement of only clay that is so hard and nasty to clean out. A 2-to-1 clay-Catalyst ratio works in the Litter-Robots and is more economical, too.
Do Not Buy!
I decided to try this litter with my two cats. We had been using Pretty Litter but unfortunately the odor and dust after 2weeks of use was really bad. My cats seemed to like it and had no trouble transitioning at all. Had a light pine smell to it which wasn’t bad. Clumps did break but it was not that big of a deal. After a few days of use, the litter was starting to release dust. My cats came out of the litter box covered in a white fine powder and it tracked everywhere!! My two black kitties had their paws and little faces covered in it. Even with litter mats, it was all over the carpets and couches. If tracking is an issue for you, do not buy. Currently in the 2nd week of testing this litter out and so far the odor is not bad. I really wanted to like this litter but I will not be buying this brand again.
Wanted to Like It
It doesn't have an artificial or strong smell and I like that it's compostable and clumping, but like with a previous review, it also makes my black cat look dusty right after she visits the litterbox! Sadly we have to switch to another litter since the dust and tracking are pretty bad.
NO GO Wood
I have 4 full time cats and one part-time cat. I did an experiment in an effort to find the perfect liter. I have used Swheet Scoop for years. My daughters both like a clay based liter. We had both out in different boxes, plus this soft wood liter and another which is pine based. The Catalyst box has not been used once in two full months. I also feel it has an odd scent though it is "unscented."