The Company of Animals Pet Corrector Dog Training Aid
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Interrupts bad behavior and is an essential combination tool with reward-based training methods.
- Emits a harmless hissing sound that is similar to the hiss of a snake or a cat to distract your dog.
- With 200 uses per can, it is a great training aid to stop barking, jumping up, stealing food and chasing.
- Comes with a training guide that informs pet parents of proper training and use.
- Created by Dr. Roger Mugford and is recommended and used by behaviorists and trainers around the world.
The 50-ml contains 50 uses per can and the 200-ml contains 150 uses per can.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- SportDOG SAC00-1175 Roy Gonia Clear Competition Dog Whistle$6.95Chewy Price
- DealSportDOG SAC00-12544 SR-300 Replacement Receiver Battery Kit$27.00Chewy Price$30.00List Price
- PetSafe 6-Volt RFA-18 Alkaline Replacement Battery, 4 count$15.16Chewy Price$15.96List Price
- PetSafe 3-Volt RFA-35-11 Lithium Coin Cell Replacement Batteries, 4 count$7.62Chewy Price$8.02List Price
- DealSportDOG Replacement Strap Dog Collar, Camo, 3/4-in$15.95Chewy Price
- PetSafe 3-Volt RFA-188 Replacement Battery, 4 count$33.04Chewy Price$34.76List Price
- PetSafe RFA-67 6 Volt Replacement Batteries, 2 pack$7.95Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- PetSafe Boundary Flags, 50 count$21.95Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- KONG Training Dummy for Dogs, Large$8.29Chewy Price$15.99List Price
- Starmark Pro-Training Quicker Clicker for Dogs$6.99Chewy Price
- DealPATPET P301 Dog Training Collar Single Receiver$15.90Chewy Price
- DealSportDOG SDT00-11907 SD-400 & SD-800 Series Receiver Battery Kit$28.95Chewy Price$30.00List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||—||Purified Water, Polysorbate-20, Propylene Glycol...||—||Deionized Water, Bittering Agent, Citric Acid.||—|
|Breed Size||—||—||—||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||—|
|Health Feature||—||—||—||Itch & Redness Remedy||—|
Questions & Answers
32 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
755 Customer Reviews
Great trainer, weird cap, not quite enough
It's a really great training tool. My pug jumps up on the couch and barks at people and cars going by much less often, and I can correct her from a distance ver effectly. I was really surprises to find it empty already and I'm not sure I got a full 200 sprays out of it - I feel like it was more 75-100, if that. The blue top is finicky, took some time to get to work reliably if I depress the edge rather than the center, but there's a lot of resistance and creating a short sharp burst is not as easy as I would like - maybe that's a reason for the fewer uses in the can than advertised. Overall, I'm very happy with the results, even if the build of the product could be improved, and I do plan to continue to purchase.
What a difference this has made in my life!
I have a new puppy and he's a nipper. With his razor teeth, it's getting beyond painful! Nothing I did to correct him made any difference at all. I tried following the advice in all the puppy books and guides, such as yelping when they bit, and it only excited him and he got worse. I tried squirting him with water and it excited him more. Two nights ago, I was near tears thinking I'd have to get rid of this puppy because he wouldn't stop biting me. I went thru a lot to get this puppy. He is one of the dogs rescued from the medical lab in Virginia and I didn't like the idea he would have to be returned and put through more trauma. Also, he's bonded with me pretty strongly, so it would have really been rough on him to be returned. I want to be the best home to this poor dog as I can be. In desperation, I ordered this, in spite of the bad reviews When I got it, yes, it was hard to push the button. But, after I got the first blast out of it, it got easier, and I have rheumatoid arthritis pretty badly in my hands. After only about an hour of blasting my puppy every time he would bite me, he stopped entirely! I ordered one to see if it would work. I'm back to order a bunch more. This is a Godsend! AND, I get to keep my puppy!
Great training tool
This is a great training tool. I have a Labrador who loves to bark to protect his territory. sometimes he gets a bit carried away and doesn’t want to stop even after I’ve let him know I am fully aware of the situation. it is hard to get his attention when he is in the throes of alerting everyone in the neighborhood that he is on the job. A simple press of this little canister with a short hissing burst and I have his full attention. I hand him a treat and praise him for being quiet. since using this training tool he is barking has shortened and he is to the point that as soon as he hears the hiss from the canister he runs immediately to me sits in front of me and gets his treat. I have even been able to call him off with just a voice command much faster and will be able to eventually phase out this training tool. highly recommend when used with positive reinforcement to shape a new behavior.
New canister design doesn't work!
I purchased a new can of Pet Corrector to replace an older can. The older can had a different spray top which worked easily. The new cans have a new spray top which did not work no matter what we tried - and we are engineers!. I am contacting Chewy to return and get another.
I usually use this product with no problems and its worked great (hence the 3 stars), but this time the package unfortunately arrived messed up. When i opened my box the packaging it came in was ripped already while nothing else in my order was damaged. Im not sure if its supposed to come with a lid to it but there was not one anywhere in there and sadly the container is practically empty even though I have never used it. Very sad this happened but I don't know how else to reach out about this :(.
Too hard to use
I've used Pet Corrector spray a lot for one of our dogs with a barking issue. It works great, but what I was sent does not look like the picture. It has a different spray head that is very very hard for me to press. I have to use both hands to get the sprayer down because it is so stiff.
HATE NEW DESIGN
They ruined a great thing!!! The newly designed top, now in blue, is IMPOSSIBLE to press! A COMPLETE WASTE of money now! I had used this product for years and loved it. The new top is so STIFF even my husband has trouble pressing it down enough to get any sound out of it. I love Chewy but PLEASE relay this info to the manufacturer and distributor.
Doesn't work right
Bought 200 ml containers to replace one almost empty. Cap is not the same. Can barely get anything out of it and the sound is not the same. Sounds more like something for cleaning keyboard.
This training aid has helped us a lot in teaching our dogs not to bark and carry on in a Public setting. We use it very infrequently, but it sure beats us yelling or pulling at our dogs! We actually do work at training our dogs to walk properly on a leash, but sometimes they just can't resist barking at another dog!
Bad cap design
I can’t use the product with the new blue cap. I can’t depress it; I thought I was buying the red can that I purchased previously. The new cap design makes it unusable for me. It’s too expensive to mail back for a refund. Bring back the original design. I have to throw away 2 cans with the new design.