Dr. Pol Healthy Balance 16% Poultry Pearls Layer Complete Chicken Feed
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A complete and non-medicated feed made especially for laying hens.
- Enhanced with prebiotics to support digestion, phytase to help increase the bioavailability of phosphorus, and marigold extract for vividly colored yolks—essentials for egg-laying gals.
- Gently-cooked extruded feed with easy-to-eat shapes made to produce little to no waste.
- Lightweight––30 pounds of Poultry Peals provide an equal number of feedings as 40 pounds of pellets.
- Features a 20 percent higher caloric density compared to traditional feeds.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Sunseed Vita Prima Safflower Formula Medium & Large Parrot Food, 4-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$18.99List Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Lefeber Senior Bird Nutri-Berries Parrot Bird Food, 3-lb bag$44.99Chewy Price
- Lafeber Tropical Fruit Nutri-Berries Macaw & Cockatoo Food, 3-lb bag$35.99Chewy Price
- Lafeber Sunny Orchard Nutri-Berries Parrot Food, 3-lb bag$35.99Chewy Price
- DealHari Tropimix Enrichment Small Parrot Food, 20-lb bag$70.88Chewy Price$109.99List Price$67.34Autoship Price
- Kaytee Midwest Regional Wild Bird Food, 7-lb bag$13.59Chewy Price$15.82List Price$12.91Autoship Price
- Lafeber El Paso Nutri-Berries Parrot Food, 3-lb bag$35.99Chewy Price
- Lafeber Premium Daily Diet Macaw & Cockatoo Food, 25-lb box$89.99Chewy Price
- Higgins inTune Harmony Macaw Bird Food, 17.5-lb bag$99.99Chewy Price$94.99Autoship Price
- Lafeber Classic Nutri-Berries Parakeet Food, 4-lb tub$35.99Chewy Price
- Brown's Breeder Kafir Premium Pigeon Food, 50-lb bag$48.86Chewy Price$49.99List Price$46.42Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Ground Corn, Soybean Meal, Wheat Middlings...||Soybean Meal, Ground Corn, Wheat Middlings...||Black Soldier, Fly Larvae, Milo...||Dried Mealworms.||Dried Mealworms.|
|Bird Type||Chicken||Pheasant, Geese, Duck, Turkey, Gamebird, Chicken||Chicken||Wild Bird, Bluebird, Catbird...||Wild Bird, Bluebird, Catbird...|
|Food Form||Feed||Feed||Feed, Air-Dried, Dry Food||Mealworms||Mealworms|
|Special Diet||—||—||Grain-Free, Gluten Free, High-Protein, Natural||High-Protein||—|
Questions & Answers
2 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
15 Customer Reviews
My girls eat this everyday.
I am online to reorder and I was reading reviews. I do not leave reviews often, but am in this case. We have a handful of (spoiled) hens. Our girls were fed crumble early on and therefore, were used to that texture of food. There was sooo much waste with crumble form (I would soak the powder, from the bottom of the bag, in vegetable broth and feed that way). We moved to pellet form, hoping that would solve the waste problem. I did mix both together, hoping that would help them to transition from one shape to the other. The girls just never really cared for the pellets and so I started soaking those pellets in precooked vegetable broth (they eat cooked, frozen vegetables for lunch). Now, I am used my early morning chicken food prep routine, so I soak Dr Pol Healthy Balance in the usual vegetable broth and that is breakfast and supper for our hens (the cat gets her own little snack size bowl also, as she sits under my feet). The hens jump around with excitment when they see me coming! I have researched the ingredients and am happy with what's in it and am reordering right now...
Meh. Shaped like Catfish food, but my gals hated it
The only time my gals would eat this is literally when I gave them no other food choice for days on end. I gradually introduced it hoping they’d like it a bit more than their last food, but the mixing of feeds just made them pick around the “pearls” and leave them behind. Once they were exclusively on this feed, their conditioning and laying went down. The gals were always ravenous for more protein (which makes me think this food must not have enough easily absorbable protein), their laying frequency dropped a bit, and their shells started getting thin (despite having free choice calcium around like usual). I don’t think the shape had an impact on the palatability, as I also tried serving as a mash, and as a fermented feed. They just didn’t like it. It smells okay, like alfalfa, but it just lacked any appeal to my chickens so I now have half a bag just sitting in the feed bin, thinking I may start throwing it out for the squirrels to eat. What a waste of money. I love Dr. Pol, and his no-nonsense practicality. Unfortunately I just think this brand severely misses the mark.
Great chicken feed
My girls absolutely love this feed! The pearls are a great size and the feed does not turn into powder at the bottom of the bag like some other brands do. I hate paying for a 1/4 bag of powder, so I’m glad I have not had this experience with Dr.Pol chicken feed.
My chickens don't really like it
My chicken's are snobs and seem to only like Nutrena Chicken Food. I bought this because of the small size I thought they would like it. They will only eat it if I put a little at a time in their treat dish sprinkled with a little bit of cracked corn; then I guess they think it's a treat. It cost more than what they really like to eat so I won't be purchasing again.
I was excited about this but they barely nibbled it and though I live in a very dry climate 3/4 of this huge bag went moldy. I opened the bag to refill their dishes and the stink took my breath away. The molded pieces were chunked together but the stink from the mold was in all of it so it went to the compost pile.
The dogs love it!
Doves hang out under the bird feeders looking for dropped seed. I bought this chicken food hoping the doves would eat it. They didn't, but the dogs love it! They've picked the area clean each time it was put out.
It has everything our chicken needs and she LOVES it! We’ll be getting more chickens soon and we’ve already added this to our shopping when we buy Dr Pol dog food!
I’ve been using this feed for about a year now. I switched my flock when the were old enough for big girl feed. I love the nicely shaped pearls. My chickens LOVE it! There is absolutely NO waste or mess! It stays in pearl form all the way to the bottom of the bin! I have never had to switch feeds and my girls are super heathy and produce great eggs!
Even smells good to humans!
When I first open the bag hey I was surprised that the aroma smelled so good. If I was a chicken I would totally eat this stuff. And do my girls like it? Absolutely yes! And there is no waste at all, zero. The shape of this food is exactly perfect! Very happy with this feed.
Chickens don’t like this food
My Chickens do not like this food. I have tried various ways to give it to them. They avoid it and let it stay in the feeder even if mixed with their food.