Emmy's Best Pet Products Stop the Scratch Max Strength Cat Scratch Deterrent Spray, 8-oz bottle
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Spray product helps prevent cats from destructive scratching behaviors.
- Apply to drapes, furniture, flooring and more––anywhere your feline friend scratches that she shouldn’t!
- A great way to gently train your cat to not scratch.
- Made with natural, pet-safe ingredients like rosemary oil and lemongrass.
- You’ll love the calming rosemary scent, but your cat will be deterred from the area.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Soft Claws Cat Nail Caps, 40 count, Medium, Clear$14.96Chewy Price$18.95List Price$14.21Autoship Price
- Kitty Caps Cat Nail Caps, Color Varies, 40 count, Medium$9.38Chewy Price$13.99List Price
- Litterbox.com Bamboo Mint Cat Bath Foam Wash, 8-oz bottle$15.00Chewy Price
- Petstages Scratch & Groom Scratch Pad & Grooming Brush Cat Toy$16.85Chewy Price$18.49List Price
- Necoichi Purrfection Neat & Easy Feline Hair Remover$23.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- Safari Cat Soft Tip Massager$7.99Chewy Price
- Pet Republique Cat Nail Clipper$7.68Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- Catit Self Groomer with Catnip$5.04Chewy Price$9.49List Price
- Catit Senses 2.0 Self Groomer Cat Brush, 1 count$5.49Chewy Price$6.99List Price
- Necoichi Purrcision Cat Nail Clippers$19.69Chewy Price$24.50List Price
- Safari Massage Cat Brush$8.49Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Purified Water, Coconut Derived Surfactant Blend, Rosemary Oil...||Bio-Diffusing Agent, Olus (Vegetable Oil), Gelling Agent...||Lidocaine HCI, Hydrocortisone, Propylene Glycol...|
|Health Feature||—||Skin & Coat Health||—|
|Breed Size||—||—||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
69 Customer Reviews
My furbaby was relentlessly scratchin' @ my bedroom door (when it was time for bed or gone @ work) & or slightly under the bed ( because close to the door) when the door was blocked I have tried shock mats(go the under bed), one of the motion censored spray cans (always seemed ta knock it over or notice direction of sprayer & go around), bought a squirt bottle (pretty much soaked him w/it & he'd b back @ it 2mins later) ta get him to stop... so I figured why not try this spray & so far I believe it's jus' what the doc order have been able to sleep @ nite w/o wakin' up 2 his scratchin' & also come home from work w/o having the carpet near the door all folded awkwardly makin' it hard to open & etc. So Yass give 4 stars cuz so far so good & hope he don't get immune & start up again!!!
Hurray! It works!
Cats are not predictable, but this product clearly worked for mine. I used it heavily the scratch-desirable areas on a sofa and chair for about one week. After than I tapered off -- every other day, every few days, once a week. Now just a reminder every now and again. The cats don't like the smell and won't scratch it. The smell of rosemary, however, is pleasant to humans and short lived. I do keep other scratching options in the area for them to scratch instead.
DOES NOT WORK
I have a 2yo cat who scratches at the door at all times of the night for food, even when there is food in his bowl. I was so hopeful this would help. I put two pillows in front of the door and sprayed the pillow/cases and door with the spray. DIDN’T STOP HIM. I was woken up at 2:30am, 4:00am and just now at 5am, each time I sprayed more and it didn’t matter. Do not waste your money on this. I am going to try to get a refund ASAP.
It works! But must be consistent
I bought this so my skittish cats would not claw at the boxes I have set up blocking under the bed and for generally anywhere I don't want them going. It works but after it dries you have to maintain consistency to keep applying 3x a day. I haven't had it for 3 weeks so I don't know how permanent it will keep them away for but so far so good. They stay away for days, especially after I just spray it.
Waste of money
This product did not work. I sprayed my sofa the second I got the spray in the mail. The next day the cat was on the sofa digging his claws in the cushions. I kept spraying everyday and it did not keep my cat away.
I bought a brand new living room chair after my cat did a lot of scratching on my other chair. This works! I used it for a couple of weeks and no more scratching. Highly recommend.
This spray has stopped my panther from destroying all the doorframes in my condo! I only wish I found out about it sooner! Love the minimal scent. She has no more interest in scratching anything wood!!
OMG this stuff is the best! One of my cats is an "under the bed" scratcher every 2 hours at night. Horrifying. I tried numerous remedies with no success. This spray stopped her in her tracks without being offensive to her (or me). Encouraged, I sprayed a chair that I kept covered for a year due to her scratching. She walked up to it, sniffed and moved on. Thank you, thank you, thank you miracle stuff!
This product sucks
I have two kittens, four and five months old and they are destroying my furniture. I had such high hopes with this product. I separated it on my couch and leather chair and they just continue to scratch. Very disappointing
Didn't work at all
I read all of the reviews and they were very good so I bought this product and was shipping it was about $25. Definitely not worth it my cat scratched pretty right away. was not offended by the smell by any means. I guess what works for others might not work for everyone but I was disappointed.