FirstMate Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Australian Lamb Meal Formula Dry Dog Food
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Single source novel protein, eliminating the risk of allergies derived from chicken. A great hypoallergenic or elimination formula
- Grain-free and gluten-free recipe with free range, grass fed Australian lamb without any added hormones or antibiotics
- 78% protein, 22% vegetables, and 0% grains in this recipe that’s great for all life stages
- Mix of blueberries, raspberries and cranberries increase palatability, offer benefits of antioxidants such as a healthier immune system, urinary tract, better eyesight and memory function, help to prevent illness, and act as a nutritional source of dietary fiber
- Made in Canada with the best ingredient quality available
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- The Honest Kitchen Whole Grain Turkey Recipe Dehydrated Dog Food, 2-lb box$26.83Chewy Price$26.99List Price$25.49Autoship Price
- Solid Gold Sunday Sunrise Grain-Free Lamb, Sweet Potato & Pea Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$65.99List Price$52.24Autoship Price
- Nulo Freestyle Lamb & Lentils Recipe Grain-Free Canned Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$43.08Chewy Price$40.93Autoship Price
- Lotus Oven-Baked Senior Small Bites Recipe Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$28.79Chewy Price
- DealCANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Limited Ingredient Lamb & Pea Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$15.11Chewy Price$19.99List Price$14.35Autoship Price
- Nutro Limited Ingredient Diet Premium Loaf Turkey & Potato Grain-Free Canned Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$35.76Chewy Price$39.48List Price$33.97Autoship Price
- FirstMate Skoki Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$63.59Chewy Price
- The Honest Kitchen Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dehydrated Dog Food, 2-lb box$27.20Chewy Price$27.99List Price$25.84Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Potato, Lamb Meal, Tomato Pomace...||Potato, Lamb Meal, Tomato Pomace...||Chicken Meal, Burbank Potato, Norkotah Potato...||Ocean Fish Meal, Burbank Potato, Norkotah Potato...||Potato, Pacific Ocean Fish Meal, Tomato Pomace...|
|Special Diet||Sensitive Digestion, Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free...||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Sensitive Digestion, Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free...||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin||Urinary Tract Health, Digestive Health||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Lamb, Meat||Lamb, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Seafood & Fish||Seafood & Fish|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
39 Customer Reviews
My dog has had two bladder operations due to stones. Royal Canin was recommended by the vet but it caused weight gain and skin issues. My dog (dalmatian) loves this food and his skin has cleared up and he shed a few pounds. No bladder stones after 8 months of food. I only wish the bag was resealable.
Way above expectations
I read reviews about the smell, but gave it a chance after 5 years of Royal Canine (guess, with this “shortage” they change the formula) My dogs love the smell, size of kiddies are more appreciated for Americans boxers (teeth shrinks very fast) vs Royal Canine, coats improved after 1 bag, eyes allergy gone I ordered more. Hope, logistic from Canada will not push me to FDA rules (better to cook home made)
My GS likes a lot
Was difficult to find quality food for my dog but I am glad I found this. My German Shepard likes it and we don’t have any digestive problems when he eats this food. I am also trying to find something else to alternate but so far couldn’t get anything better or equal with this.
Doesn’t like her food
My dog only ate a couple times and doesn’t want to eat the rest.
First Mate Saves The Day
My greyhound Marty was having the worst case of collitis as a result of another dog food that I thought we loved. Nope. Wow, foul gas and loose stools that I couldn't improve through conventional means. I moved to a human food diet for a few days to help him through it but needed a kibble to get him on. My friend Yumi recommended the First Mate, as she's been feeding it to her greyhounds for awhile now. SO, it is more expensive than what I had been buying, but you feed him LESS. So its a bigger bag, and lasts longer than what he WAS getting. Plus his stools are firm and he's no longer foul and gassy. Hurray for Marty! Hurray for First Mate!!
First Mate Dog Food
I have been feeding First Mate Australian Lamb & Large Breed Pacific Ocean Fish dog food to my two IPO working German Shepherds for about 5 years & it was recommended by a friend who made and sold raw dog food. They are a great trustworthy company making an exceptional dog food.
Great limited ingredient food! Dogs stool have never been smaller and firmer! They also go crazy over this food.
Our dachshund crew has been on this food for a incredibly long time. They love it. It even has helped with my older dog and his acid reflux. It’s almost dinner time here for the group of dogs so I better get going.
My dog has been on a bladder stone control food for 5 years. I came to realize, by reading the label that it consists of more grains than I would like to feed my dog. This food was one of the top rated dog foods for this condition, first ingredient, lamb. She loves it and isn’t still hungry after she is fed. I have been keeping an eye on her when she pees and she is having no problems. I’m glad I changed.
Good quality food
It's been difficult to find a limited ingredient food with just the right recipe for our dog. He is allergic to flax, peas, wheat, duck, and wheat. FirstMate has treated him well. He adjusted to the new food without any tummy trouble.