FirstMate Limited Ingredient Diet Grain-Free Pacific Ocean Fish Meal Formula Dry Dog Food
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Single source protein diet with wild herring, eliminates the risk of allergies derived from chicken. A great hypoallergenic formula
- Grain-free recipe is for a simple, easily digestible meal that’s ideal for rotation or elimination diets
- Rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, promoting healthy skin and a shiny coat
- Wheat-free, corn-free recipe, a wonderful choice for dogs prone to food sensitivities
- Made in Canada with the best ingredient quality available
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Weruva Jammin' Salmon with Chicken & Salmon in Pumpkin Soup Grain-Free Canned Dog Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$49.99Chewy Price$57.36List Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Redbarn Naturals Lamb Recipe Dog Food Roll, 4-lb roll, bundle of 2$37.98Chewy Price$39.98List Price$36.08Autoship Price
- Holistic Select Adult Health Grain-Free Deboned Turkey & Lentils Recipe Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$77.99Chewy Price$51.79Autoship Price
- Weruva Hot Dayam! With Luscious Lamb in Gelee Grain-Free Canned Dog Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$63.99Chewy Price$64.56List Price$60.79Autoship Price
- Newman's Own Organics Grain-Free 95% Turkey Dinner Canned Dog Food, 12.7-oz, case of 12$44.00Chewy Price$59.00List Price$41.80Autoship Price
- dealBlackwood 3000 Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Recipe Everyday Diet Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Addiction Homestyle Venison & Cranberry Dinner Raw Dehydrated Dog Food, 2-lb box$29.97Chewy Price$38.49List Price$28.47Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Ocean Fish Meal, Burbank Potato, Norkotah Potato...||Potato, Pacific Ocean Fish Meal, Tomato Pomace...||Potato, Lamb Meal, Tomato Pomace...||Herring Meal, Peas, Dried Eggs...||Menhaden Fish Meal, Peas, Potatoes...|
|Special Diet||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Sensitive Digestion, Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free...||Grain-Free, Gluten Free||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, High-Protein|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin||Digestive Health, Sensitive Skin||—||Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support, Heart Care|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Seafood & Fish||Seafood & Fish||Lamb, Meat||Seafood & Fish||Turkey, Venison, Poultry, Meat, Seafood & Fish|
Questions & Answers
14 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
39 Customer Reviews
Firstmate Fish Small Bites is the ONLY food my Border terrier can eat. I’ve tried so many foods and everything else gives him loose stools and a sour belly. Love love love this food.
I usually get the Firstmate limited ingredient lamb dog food for my frenchies with allergies. They were out of stock so I thought I would try the Ocean Fish flavor. My fur babies went bonkers over this flavor. They free feed and take turns eating. When I put this one in their dish there were 3 heads in there munching away. They are back to taking turns' but its s definite winning flavor.
Jury's still out
So, the jury is still out on this food:FirstMate Ocean Fish Grain Free Original kibble. My 9 month old standard poodle has had a sensitive gut since we got him and we've been trying to find a kibble that doesn't cause soft stool. He's been fully switched to this formula for 1 week now. Pros: Puppy loves this food! I love the simple, limited ingredients. No peas, legumes, flaxseed, or probiotics. Cons: puppy's stool is still not 100%, 100% of the time. He has solid stool at times, then other times still soft-formed. I just purchased a large bag and am going to give it some more time and am hopeful with time, his gut will stabilize on this food! I would still recommend this food to others as a great elimination diet food to try! I would've given 4.5 stars if possible!
Fish Veggie Dog Kibble
At our house, we love First Mate fish and veggie kibble so much we even feed it as treats to our doggies, Emma and Maggie. Great quality!
This brand is amazing! The pacific ocean fish meat are my two french bulldog’s favorite! I have seen a huge improvement in their skin and coat. They no longer have dry skin and no more flakey skin on the coat! YAY!!
Changed my English bulldog’s skin and coat!!!!
I saw another user recommend this food for his bulldog and mentioned that it helped his dog’s skin and coat improve and get rid of red yeast around the mouth etc! The same happened for my English bulldog. She is gorgeous but was having allergies and had reddish discoloration around her vulva and mouth. She was also starting to gnaw on her paws. My vet recommended a food with a single source protein (non chicken or beef) and after reading reviews, I switched to this food. Her coat is beautiful now and she doesn’t gnaw at her paws anymore. So happy I tried this brand!
My bella loves this food more than anything we had her on.
My dog doesn’t like the dog food
My dog eats everything and he refuses to eat this food
No more stink
We switched to First Mate from another brand in a search for a high quality food that did not cause stinky gas/poop or feed yeast that sometimes grows in bulldogges wrinkles and paws. This is the best food. When our puppy has an accident in the house, we often don't even realize until we actually see it because there is no stink.
No more skin and digestive problems
Highly recommend this food! My Greater Swiss Mountain Dog had digestive problems and skin problems. He was on a ZD prescription dog food and also needed medicine to control his problems. After 3 months on this food, the skin and digestive problems are gone. Now no medicines, and no expensive prescription dog food. I highly recommend this dog food.