Frisco Unscented Non-Clumping Recycled Paper Cat Litter, 25-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Odor-busting, kitty-preferred litter from Frisco, by Chewy. Eco-friendly cat litter is made with 95% post-consumer recycled paper and has non-clumping pellets that combat odors without any chemicals or added fragrances.
- Absorbs messes to help keep the litter box fresh and guard against lingering odors, with daily scooping.
- Low dust means less mess when it comes time to scoop and clean the litter box. Plus, it comes in a resealable bag for easy storage.
- Added baking soda boosts this litter’s odor-protection power instead of just covering them up. Perfect for single or multi-cat homes.
- Frisco products are crafted to deliver more happy moments together—from odor-absorbent litter to sturdy toys and cozy beds. Designed, tested and approved by the pet experts at Chewy.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Fresh News Non-Clumping Scented Paper Cat Litter, 25-lb bag$20.98Chewy Price$19.93Autoship Price
- Naturally Fresh Pellet Unscented Non-Clumping Walnut Cat Litter, 26-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$23.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Nature's Logic All Natural Pine Unscented Non-Clumping Wood Cat Litter, 24-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Feline Pine Platinum Natural Pine Cat Litter, 18-lb bag$15.79Chewy Price$18.99List Price
- DealNaturally Fresh Multi-Cat Unscented Clumping Walnut Cat Litter, 14-lb bag$14.13Chewy Price$19.99List Price$13.42Autoship Price
- Frisco Natural Unscented Clumping Grass Cat Litter, 20-lb bag$29.09Chewy Price$27.64Autoship Price
- Naturally Fresh Multi-Cat Fresh Unscented Clumping Walnut Cat Litter, 26-lb bag$24.97Chewy Price$31.99List Price$23.72Autoship Price
- Tidy Cats Pure Nature Scented Clumping Wood Cat Litter, 12-lb bag$10.99Chewy Price
- Simply Pine Unscented All-Natural Pine Pellet Cat Litter, 20-lb bag, bundle of 2$27.48Chewy Price$26.11Autoship Price
- DealNaturally Fresh Herbal Attraction Scented Clumping Walnut Cat Litter, 14-lb bag$14.83Chewy Price$19.99List Price$14.09Autoship Price
- Nature's Miracle Premium Scented Clumping Corn Cat Litter, 10-lb bag$13.90Chewy Price$15.49List Price$13.21Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Litter Feature||Unscented, Non-Clumping, Odor Control...||Multi-Cat||Multi-Cat, Natural, Odor Control...||Clumping, Multi-Cat, Odor Control...||Odor Control, Non-Clumping, Scented|
|Top Ingredients||—||Paper, Zeolite, Scent||—||—||—|
|Breed Size||—||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||—||—||—|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
125 Customer Reviews
Worst experience with cat litter in all my decades of using litter
I've tried many cat litters over the years. Most have their pros and cons. So, concerned about the dust other litters generate, I thought I'd try this. I currently have three cats so I calculated use and litter replacement accordingly. I also have three litter pans so I bought 50 lbs. The instructions say, to remove waste and wet litter daily. Sure sounds good but the absorption rate of this stuff is so fast that a wet spot just spreads before you can remove a section that is particularly wet. Which makes it hard to do daily maintenance without replacing all of it. But the worst thing was the odor. There is no odor control at all. I'm sure all cat owners have waited a little too long now and then to replace the litter and it understandably gets a little smelly. But this? Terrible smell beyond the odor of overdue dirty litter. Indescribable. I do not recommend it. Worst experience ever.
It's ok, but there is room for improvement!
Of course, we have been looking for an alternative to Yesterday's News unscented original cat litter. I tried Frisco and am on the second bag. (recently ordered a 3rd) However, it doesn't contain the urine odor like the Yesterday's News we used to use. I will just have to change the litter more often than once per week. (with 1 cat). I still prefer these unscented paper pellets to clay litter. I may just try a different brand next time.
Scatters everywhere & disintegrates rapidly
Forced into this purchase when Purina discontinued the unscented non-clumping Yesterday's News. This is not the same at all. The lower density pellets stick to the cats' feet and blow out of the box. Scatters everywhere. Too messy. Also, because of the low density, the pellets dissolve rapidly. I was mixing the Yesterday's News for durability with pine litter for odor control. Now will go to plain pine and forget the paper, I guess.
This paper litter is softer than the competitors. The pieces are large but break up easily so easy on the peds. A major game changer to use this litter is change to a food scooper instead of a slotted litter shovel. Yes you may get some unused litter, but it makes the box cleaner longer. I’ve been doing this for years and it’s a game changer. What gets left behind can cause odor and no one wants to use the facilities when the toilet HASN’T BEEN FLUSHED. Remember your cat counts on you. Also, clean your scooper/shovel off daily. That holds odor.I keep all items together by the box in a container to make things simple and quick! Your cat will thank you Also low tracking and easy to pick up stray pieces!
Plastic Pieces Mixed with Paper
As most of us are doing right now, I am trying to find a replacement paper pellet litter since Yesterday’s News discontinued. I use this for my rabbits. (I will say it isn’t generally recommended to buy any litter with baking soda for rabbits as it can effect their breathing BUT I change my litter boxes daily and got permission from my vet.) Pros: This litter doesn’t have any scent to it at all. Cons: There are TINY PLASTIC BITS inside the paper pellets and loose in the bag. That’s a hard no for bunnies. Also, it has baking soda in it which shouldn’t be used for rabbits with respiratory issues.
Good product, good price
I was told at my local pet supply store that yesterday’s news was no longer being produced, so I have been trying other newspaper litters for my bunnies. This one has enough weight for the bunnies to dig in without scatter, it has no odor when I open the bag, and the price is good for a 25 lb bag. I think it’s a winner.
These pellets took a little while for the cats to get used to, but they accepted the change. I gave them half old litter and half new for a few weeks. It is so much easier to keep the floor around the litter box clean now. If anything does end up on the floor, it is easy to find and can be swept up right away. Yay!
Great substitute for Yesterday's News
I read that they were discontinuing Yesterday's News paper litter and looked for a new one to try. Thank goodness Chewy has their own brand. I started combining Yesterday's News and Frisco together to get them used to the new litter and they are very happy with Frisco now. In fact I think there is less order with Frisco. Would highly recommend if your cat likes paper litter.
AWFUL DO NOT BUY
Purchased this litter for my cat because I've been wanting to try a dust-free alternative and it's awful. The little pellets are kicked out of the litter box and feel like tiny bullets when you step on them. The litter doesn't have any absorption and everything sits on top and becomes stinky. Absolutely awful.
IT'S A WINNER
I tried Frisco for the first time a few days ago, and waited with fingers crossed to see what AJ, my guy, would do with it, since he's had the same litter since he was 10 weeks old (now he's 5 years) and the company discontinued it. Panic time! But all is well in AJ's house. The litter is a winner!