Frisco XX-Large Heavy Duty Double Door Wire Dog Crate, 54 inch
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- From Frisco by Chewy. This XX-large heavy duty dog crate provides safe and secure confinement for giant-breed dogs that are 90+ pounds.
- Large front door is designed with three latches and is easy to open, close and securely lock. Durable drop-pin hinges help keep pets safe and secure.
- Made with a protective, black electro-coat finish for added durability. Easy to assemble with no tools needed.
- Removable, durable plastic base pan for easy-access cleaning ensures a comfortable space for your dog.
- Frisco products are crafted to deliver more happy moments together—from quality crates to sturdy toys, to tasteful décor. Designed, tested and approved by the pet experts at Chewy.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco XX-Large Heavy Duty Single Door Wire Dog Crate, 54 inch$189.54Chewy Price
- DealFrisco Heavy Duty Enhanced Lock Double Door Fold & Carry Wire Dog Crate & Mat Kit, Teal, Large, 42-in L x 28-in W x 30-in H$94.55Chewy Price$105.06List Price
- DealFrisco XX-Large Heavy Duty Enhanced Lock Double Door Wire Dog Crate, Fold & Carry Wire Dog Crate & Mat Kit, 54", Teal$269.99Chewy Price$299.99List Price
- DealFrisco Heavy Duty All-in-1 Multi-Stage 3 Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate, X-Large, 49-in L x 31-in W x 33-in H$103.99Chewy Price$116.99List Price
- Lucky Dog Sliding Double Door Wire Dog Crate, 48 inch$101.95Chewy Price$176.46List Price
- DealFrisco Heavy Duty Enhanced Lock Sliding Double Door Fold & Carry Wire Dog Crate & Mat Kit, 54 inch$314.99Chewy Price$349.99List Price
- DealFrisco Heavy Duty Fold & Carry Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate & Mat Kit, 48 inch$98.99Chewy Price$109.98List Price
- Frisco Ultimate Heavy Duty Steel Metal Single Door Dog Crate, 42 inch$389.99Chewy Price
- DealFrisco Fold & Carry Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate & Mat Kit, 48 inch$84.49Chewy Price$105.09List Price
- Frisco Fold & Carry Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate, 48 inch$81.59Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Features||Double Door, Removable Pan, Heavy Duty||Double Door, Removable Pan, Water-resistant, Heavy Duty||Collapsible, Divider Included, Double Door...||Removable Pan, Heavy Duty||Heavy Duty|
|Material||Coated Steel, Metal||Coated Metal, Plastic, Metal||Coated Metal, Plastic, Metal||Coated Steel, Metal||Steel, Metal|
|Breed Size||Giant Breeds||Giant Breeds||Giant Breeds||Giant Breeds||Giant Breeds|
|Tools Included||No||No Tools Required||—||No||No|
Questions & Answers
38 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
2608 Customer Reviews
It's a beast of a kennel but it is also perfect
I have a 6 month old 52 pound pitbull puppy. I wanted a crate that was giant size so she would not feel cramped! This is perfect it's big enough even I can lay down in there with her. I am fortunate in that I work from home so she won't have to spend much time in it, using it for when I can't keep my eyes directly on her, 1 hour or less at a time chores around the house. It was a pain to assemble by myself but I managed thanks to a step by step video I found. It was not bent up or damaged that I can tell. My only wonder is the bars hooks don't touch the floor but other than that it seems like a sturdy kennel and should fit my furry babies needs just fine. The price was ouch for my wallet but since I don't think my puppy will outgrow it ever should easily get money's worth. Over all a good buy 👍
For A Dane
The crate arrived quickly and in good condition. The instructions are clear and it was easy to assemble. It is heavy so two people are needed to assemble. It is also big! You will need a large open space to assemble as well. It will need to be assembled close to the final space It will occupy since it is difficult to maneuver through doors! It gives my Dane puppy ample room for her own "private" space.
The crate came in with the actual panels bent and curved so bad that we had to zip tie the top to the sides to keep it from bowing inwards. I bought this for my 6 month old German Shepherd pup who outgrew his 35 x 25 crate. We wanted to make sure he had something he could grow into. This thing is so huge, Im wondering if maybe it isnt too big. It was also difficult to put together without using the videos on YouTube.
Roomy but not too large
I thought this crate might be too big but she seems to really enjoy it. She has to stay in it several hours a day at work but I situated it where she could see out the window and she is also located where there is office activity and for the most part she is happy even though she is only 5 months old.
Product is great. Customer service was not. The instructions and website both say there is an assembly video. I could not find it, nor could the customer service rep who got frustrated with me and told me to just youtube it...
This cage is huge!
This cage is huge! My 2 year old GSD looks like a puppy in it. Strong and durable. Only issue is we had a little difficulty putting it together. The instructions were not that great.
It's big enough!
We have a bernedoodle. He's only 80lbs but rather tall. The smaller crate we had was long and wide enough but not tall enough for him to stand up in. This is perfect! He already goes in there willingly.
Xlarge dog crate
This is a nice dog crate to hold my baby chicks. The only down side I found was putting the bottom together. It is very heavy and sturdy, would recommend 2 people to move it.
Its too big
ITs too big but no one told me that it weighed over 100 pounds. I paid a man to put it up, but I cannot take it down and send it back.
Well built, Strong, Very Large, well packaged
The 54" Frisco XX-Large Heavy Duty Double Door Wire Dog Crate is well made and great for large and huge breed dogs. The instructions are adequate and the "How to Assembly" video on the Chewy page supplements the printed instructions! I read the 1 Star reviews and was skeptical to the point I opened the box very carefully with the intent of having to send the crate back. Those who had trouble assembling it either didn't read the instructions, were unable to read the instructions, or just were inept. Our dog trainer, Loyal Companions LLC recommended Chewy and this Frisco crate. They use them for the large breed dogs they are training to be "Service Dogs" and said they were well made. Once assembled the Frisco XX-Large crate is very stable and the "floor" is more than strong enough for me (250lbs) to walk on. The video does tell you to do that, but that should be obvious. The THREE door latches on EACH door make it nearly impossible for the dog to open. We tried placing a "soft bed" in the crate, but it caused our dog to pant and try to remove it. We may try a piece of carpet, but that is to make us feel better about his "Bed". If your dog bends or destroys parts of this crate to get out you NEED to enroll yourself and him/her in obedience and/or antianxiety class as the problem is beyond a crate. Our dog receives a treat whenever we tell him to go in the crate, after a month he now goes in without being told to and looks for his treat. We wanted a crate and not a jail cell. If you use the crate as punishment, you have failed your dog!