Higgins Mineral Grit Small Bird Supplement, 6-oz bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Made of 100% natural oyster shells that provide calcium from nature to support overall health in birds.
- Enriched with essential minerals like iron, copper, manganese, zinc and more, for even more nutrition.
- Great for small birds like cockatiels, canaries, finches, and parakeets, and is infused with anise oil for a pleasant aroma.
- Can be given on its own or mixed in with your pal’s favorite food as a health-supporting supplement.
- Made in the USA and comes in a resealable package for easy storage; contains zero gravel or fillers.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- dealKaytee Hi-Calcium Grit Bird Supplement, 21-oz jar$4.98Chewy Price$6.49List Price$4.73Autoship Price
- Wild Harvest Molting Bird Supplement, 7.5-oz bag$2.74Chewy Price$2.60Autoship Price
- Scratch & Peck Feed Cluckin' Good Chick Grit Chicken Supplement, 7-lb bag$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Scratch & Peck Feed Cluckin' Good Grower Grit Chicken Supplement, 7-lb bag$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Scratch & Peck Feed Cluckin' Good Organic Herbs Chicken Supplement, 10-oz bag, 10-oz bag, bundle of 2$60.78Chewy Price$63.98List Price$57.74Autoship Price
- Durvet Vitamins & Electrolytes Poultry Supplement, 100-g bottle$8.99Chewy Price
- Durvet Poultry Power Conditioning Poultry Supplement, 32-oz bottle$12.13Chewy Price
- Value Grubs Black Soldier Fly Larvae Chicken, Duck, & Bird Feed & Molting Supplement, 4-lb bag, bundle of 2$52.50Chewy Price$55.26List Price$49.88Autoship Price
- Green Goo Poultry First Aid, Large, 1.82-oz tin$11.84Chewy Price$14.95List Price$11.25Autoship Price
- Versele-Laga Oropharma Digestal + Florastimul Digestive Support Pigeon Supplement, 11-oz tub$17.75Chewy Price$16.86Autoship Price
- Durvet Durastat Oregano Poultry Supplement, 100-g bottle$11.31Chewy Price$32.17List Price
- Animal Health Solutions Chick Boost Probiotics Bird Supplement, 3-oz bag, bundle of 2$25.10Chewy Price$26.42List Price$23.84Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Oyster Shell, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate...||Granite Grit, Oyster Shell, Calcium Carbonate...||Millet, Oat Groats, Canary Grass Seed...|
|Bird Type||Finch, Parakeet, Cockatiel, Canary||Cockatiel, Parakeet, Canary, Finch||Parakeet|
|Special Diet||—||High Calcium||—|
|Health Feature||—||—||Vitamins & Minerals|
Questions & Answers
8 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
33 Customer Reviews
My four parakeets absolutely love this mineral treat. It has a licorice/menthol smell if you will but it’s great. I’m really glad they all enjoy this and can see the difference in their behavior and feathers while being on this. Always on my auto ship. I would recommend this product definitely.
My cockatiel loves this stuff!
I never got this before, so I wasn’t sure how my bird would do with it or if he would even eat it, but it must taste great because he eats it all up whenever I give it to him.
I love this grit because it can also be used for parakeets, which I have.
Wasn't expecting any kind of scent coming from grit and the Anise is really strong.
I hate the smell
I’m not sure why but this smells really strange to me and I hate it. I’m sure it does what it’s supposed to do but I don’t like the smell at all
Don't buy. Stinks.
This stuff smells like licorice. And it has mineral oil in it. Neither of these make any sense for an oyster shell product.
What a Mess
The bag on this item was open and the contents all spilled out in transit. There is a blue powder like substance that coats the grit and it was EVERYWHERE! It was all over the items inside the box, on my hands, up my nose, on my floor ... I mean everywhere. It was irritating to my eyes and sinuses (which I immediately rinsed out). I thought, if it was like this for me, I certainly do not want my little bird to be inhaling this into her lungs as she is eating so I will not be using this product.
Birds love it
I use it for diamond doves and pigeons and they love it!
Smells strongly of anise
My birds refuse this grit because of the strong smell of anise. It’s just too strong for them. I donated the 5 remaking bags to a rescue.
Great way to shop
I am so glade I found Chewy. They are the best. I get all my pet supplies from Chewy. I use about 75 pounds of bird seed a month. Great price and easy ordering.